DIY vibrating reality check device

I remember reading about a device that the Lucidity Institute use to sale that was basically a small pager-like device that would vibrate at random times during the day and remind you to do reality checks.
Well, I made one from a compact vibrating alarm clock / timer from RadioShack for around $10 US.
It is small and circular, shaped like a makeup compact and opens like one also.
I use the timer function and set it to around 14 minutes and everytime it vibrates in my pocket I do a series of reality checks.
Then when I open it reset the timer (a reality check in itself) it has several labels that I made that say the following:
-Are U dreaming?

• Do these buttons work? (pointing at the buttons I need to push to restart the timer)
  • U might be dreaming.
  • Assume U are dreaming.
  • How did U get here?
  • Backtrack your thoughts.
  • Maintain clarity!
  • Has any of this text changed?
    -Try to change the text now.
  • Failed any reality checks?..
  • …then enjoy your lucid dream!

Now I’m not actually using it at night because I don’t want to invalidate the beta test I’m on (testing a lucid dreaming product) but when the test is over I will put it under my pillow or put it in my PJ pocket and set the timer for 3-4 hours and I will also set the alarm for around 4:30am, when I seem to dream the most.
This vibrating clock might be hard to find because RadioShack is clearing them out but you might find it anyway.
The catalog number is # 63-1415

Sounds like a very useful device. When you say you “made it from a vibrating clock”, does that mean there was some degree of tinkering involved with electronics? I don’t think I’d trust myself enough to attempt anything like that. But I do have a lot of faith in the idea. Previously I’ve made use of watches that beep regularly, and a vibrating phone set on an alarm (not the best idea, since it had to be reset each time it went off), and I had a decent amount of success for the duration that I used them. If it wasn’t hard to put together, I’d definitely be interested in testing out the device that you describe.

No modifications were made. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
You mentioned having to reset your phone… This device you have to reset also but I think it’s a good thing… For example, with this device, after the vibration cycles stops, you have to open the lid (like a makeup compact) where you have a series of lucid affirmations and reality check labels (my only modification) , and you have to push the “start” button twice (once to reset the timer which also gives you a “beep”, second push gets the timer started again) and if it fails to work, then your most likely dreaming.
Going through this process throughout the day really keeps me focused on my quest.