Lucid in first sleep cycle = insomnia?

Everytime I’ve been lucid in my first REM (maybe 6 or so times within the past few months) I WAKE UP… and then it’s hard to go back to sleep.

Not so much hard just that, I stay in alphaish trances for a long time and just weave in and out of light sleep without feeling rested, until I eventually reset and go through normal sleep.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I’ve become lucid in the first REM cycle only two times so far. The first time I experienced also something alike: after I became lucid, I kept moving through intense HI and SP, while occasionally waking up for a brief time. After four awakenings I woke up completely, wrote down everything I remembered and tried to fall back asleep. It took about half an hour I guess and was pretty annoying actually. Strange…

I’ve had this ‘problem’ as well. On my holiday, I was lying awake and I tried to count myself to sleep (1, I’m dreaming, 2 I’m…etc.) after counting for about 1,5 hours ( :bored: ) I lost my consciousness for a short time and entered a LD, I woke up after at about 1 min. and couldn’t fall asleep for 2 hours. But when I slept again, I had 3 more LD’s, so i’m not complaining. :content:

I have never become lucid in my first REM cycle before, but I have become lucid at the end of my 4th REM cycle and it has usually caused some kind of insomnia, because I keep thinking about the LD and I’m excited about it.

What does insomnia mean? I’ve always wondered…please explain…

Or if someone Swedish can translate it for me…

it means you have problems falling asleep or staying asleep.