MILD - Sub-C Conditioning?

I think that the power of MILD comes from your accumulated subconscious conditioning. The more your subconscious knows that you want an LD, the more likely it is to deliver. Doing stuff like periodic RC’s, analyzing your dreams, going to these forums, trying out different techniques like WILD, DILD, and the like, researching on LD, going to these forums ( :tongue: )…basically, anything and everything you do related to LD, all adds up as accumulated subconscious conditioning. Now, when you want to have an LD, or in other words, pulling a MILD, it is perhaps touching on the power of all this accumulated conditioning.

So what im thinking, is that perhaps MILD is a sort of foundational tool. I mean, you can pull WILD, or DILD, or whatever your preference, but wouldnt you agree in that a good deal of the success depends on your total subconscious conditioning - how much you truly want to have an LD???

What do you all think? :smile: I know that MILD works, and that other techniques do so as well…I’m just trying to get a grip on the actual mind processes behind it all. :eh: You can probably guess by my posts that im really into psychology, lol. Any comments and input would be greatly appreciated. Such would help us to refine our knowledge, to come to know the difference between our own personal technique and then general technique. In this way we can develop both, helping both ourselves and each other. :cool:

I was practicing basketball on my own (IRL)
From laziness I ended up with an injured my fingernail (bleeding), so I got angry at myself.
Every shot from then on was in in in in until my arms had no more power to throw far enough (half court is far). I didn’t need to focus on the net either, and I was amazed.

Would that be focusing the subconscious?

I think that that would be subconscious. Getting angry at yourself would at least get your subconscious’ attention. Maybe something like an affirmation.

Thats cool, i once had an experience very similar to that. It was back in junior high, and i was making shots from the half-court line. I didnt think either, i just sort of threw the ball. I made 4 in a row much to my friends astonishment. I missed after he got a bunch of people to watch me. :tongue:

I think its amazing just how much the subconscious knows. I think i read somewhere that it can calculate in an instant the most complicated of things, that it knows every single little detail of every little thing. All of this in the background and rarely used consciously.

If the subconscious is so powerful, and knows so much, why doesnt it ever help us when we need it?

Because of this, it seems kind of pointless.
I read that the subconscious memorises things, like locations, or things you read in books, but isnt this useless to us, because we cant access the things our subconscious knows…?

It’s always worked out like that for me, the more it’s been on my mind, the higher the chances of having an LD.

ViperX
“If the subconscious is so powerful, and knows so much, why doesnt it ever help us when we need it?”

Just because it is so powerful and the like, does not mean it will automatically help us whenever our ego demands it. But it does help on occasion, its just that you never really expect it and its always a pleasant surprise. The more you try to force it to help, the less it probably will. The more you let it know youre interested in whatever and the more you let it help, so to speak, the more likely it will come around. Also, acknowledging your subconscious’ existence will also help.

whispa
“It’s always worked out like that for me, the more it’s been on my mind, the higher the chances of having an LD.”

It only makes sense, right? :smile: Its good to know that theres more benefit than the direct benefit from doing excersizes such as RC and the like, that in the background is accumulating more chance for LD, that the subconscious does listen and is willing to help out the consciousness.

I wonder if we are even meant to use the full reaches of our mental powers… maybe it is set as a limiter because of consequences otherwise may be …cataclystic… :sly:. Or maybe not, and instead it is meant as a goal through evolution or technology…? I guess only time will tell.

I dont really think that we are meant to use our full powers of the subconscious…I once read a book that the conscious can only handle so much, and that the subconscious deals with all the details, so to speak. If we are meant to utilize such power consciously, i think that we’d have to evolve our mentalities first (ie less materialism/egocentrism/etc) before our sub-c deemed us worthy.

I think I do that when I play pool… I make all these amazing shots without any effort at all and then I get to the black and and mess it up completely!

i’ve been saying “I can fall asleep at will” as a mantra for a while.

it hasn’t worked yet…

A lot of it is to do with whether you believe you can or not. Say you get a really sore pain, if you get your mind to pay attention to something else, that pain “goes away”. If you’re trying to do something else though that isn’t particularly more fun than pain (ie homework or something boring), then your subconscious will continually pester you about it.

I think we’re kind of overestimating the power of the subconscious a bit here. I mean, it’s not some God-like entity that lives in the dark corners of your brain and could perform magic for you if you just knew how to ask it properly. It’s really just a side-effect of our consciousness. Or maybe vice-versa, I don’t know. What I’m trying to say is that it’s a part of you as much as you are.

Or maybe I’m just being antagonistic and flippant.

But the subconscious is pretty amazing.