meditation

A week ago, I started to meditate, and become ‘aware’. During that week I had 3-4 medium level lucid dreams, I’ve been to busy to meditate this week, and my LD’s stopped. It was the most I’ve had in that time frame, I’ll have to do more experimentation though. Sorry if something like this has been posted before, just thought I’d share.

increasing awareness is good but depressing at the same time to see so many without it.

agreed, it is somewhat sad to see so many living ‘blindly’ it is no reason not to be aware.

I have just recently have gotten into meditation. I totally agree that alot of people dont know what they are missing, its such a great thing and feeling. I cant wait till I am more experienced, and helping others instead of being helped.

From my own experience and from others, pratising za zen meditation gives more lds over time.
Prob that counts for all forms of meditation more or less.

I meditate and it IS such a great feeling. Although if I told my friends they’d probably laugh. They’re not into meditation and Lucid Dreams. I’ve only just managed to get them into Horoscopes and Elements.

You know… now that you mention it, I think my LD decline started while I cut back on meditation. I gotta get back into it for lucid dreaming’s sake.

I started meditating when I was near in my early teens (I’m almost twenty now) Trancewave here just made me realize the same thing. Though I think I’m gonna meditate myself to sleep tonight, see if I can go Lucid :smile:

I’m currently reading “The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep” by Rinpoche and I’m finding it very interesting, but a little bit hard to understand and esoteric.

I’m very interested in meditation, but I don’t know where to start. Do you have any suggestions for a beginnner? Should I start reading more books on meditation, and if so which one?

OR, should I go and find a teacher that will help me meditate? Where should I start looking?

Thanks and please :help:

I had the same problem, sorta. For someone just starting, just sit down, cross your legs, place your hands on your knees, and focus on your breathing. Nothing else. Thats meditation. :happy:

Good starting piont Ex.
You’ll probably find yourself noticing all of the little things your body feels but you normally dont notice. Small and uncomfortable pains among them and the fact that you really want to move, change your position or get more comfortable. Dont do this. Remain in the position which you started in. This takes time, but eventually you will be able to sit in a motionless position for extended periods of time. When I first started, I think I couldn’t sit still for longer than about ten minutes, but now it is much easier.

Cheers and happy meditating!

You guys pretty much covered beginning meditation.

Another good meditation for beginners is the hamsa meditation. You breath normally through your nose for 1 minute, you think of a mantra and either say it or think it while you breath for another minute. Now tthis is where it gets a little tricky. You have to either think or say your mantra and think ham (inhale) sa (exhale) at the same time for 20 minutes or more. It’s useful to make noises as your mantra, as you don’t really have to think about them.

So if you want a little challenge thats a great meditation.