Going to Sleep

What would I do without my brainwave generator? (hehehe) Last night, I had trouble falling asleep. I was going to try WBTB, but I think I was just excited because the last time I tried it, I had a nice lucid dream.

My question is that if I use the “Sleep Induction” preset for the brainwave generator to put me to sleep, will I be in a too deep state of sleep for enough REM?

It says that the preset: “Gently moves the brain frequency down to 3Hz, with a fadeout at the end.”

Damn, I just found out that 3Hz is deep sleep. Do you think if I lower my brain frequency to 4 or 5ish (which is the first stage of sleep), it’ll be more like natural falling asleep?

umm even if you use the deep preset it should still be like a natural fall asleep and you will still dream the body works in cycles… i have only used this program a little and found no trouble with it… if anyone else has better info then i plese go for it :razz:

Good point. Thanks, Timeless. I’ll try it out tonight and see what happens.

what is this brainwave generator?

It’s a program that uses “binaural beats” to change your brainstate.

www.bwgen.com

Would be interesting to know what its effect is on sleeping ppl and not on ppl that fall a sleep or stay awake, even when that is meditation or a trance like state.

yep it can be used to induce a lot of states, and people have been testing with lucid dreaming there are quite a few plug in with it and if you spend the time to learn how to use it well i can see how it would be a very useful tool

Yes i agree Timeless_Soul! :wink:

A tape with vocal instructions also works good for lds when its activated at the right time in rem sleep.

yep but for that i would need someone to watch over me and see when i am in rem ir ahve a computer do it for me but seeing i do not have the skill to make a rem dec googs :tongue: and atm not sleeping with anyone i cant do either… i could use a rough guess for when i would be in REM though and see if i get that right. hmm sorry just speaking my mind lol

Daaayyaamn, even the preset didn’t work in getting me to sleep.

Maybe I’m trying to go to bed too early?

Any hints?

Could I go to sleep at 1am and do WBTB at 7am? Does it make a difference?

Everybody has his-her own biorhythm so u have to experiment a bit to.
And dont change your sleep rhythm often.