Things Are Different...

I remember back last year in August I was really excited in LDing, I looked forward to sleeping more than real life. Now I still have them but I think I’m losing the excitement. Also in the few LDs I’ve had recently I never actually say to myself “I’m dreaming.” Any tips on how to get excited again, and reasoning in why I may not becoming 100% lucid? I never really talk to myself in my dreams like I used to, example “I’m having a lucid dream, I can anything I want… what will I do?..”

i had the same thing and i didnt really do anything to stop my downfall and that is right where i got my self, a downfall. the tips i can give you now is re read ur dream journal read others read this site and read anything that you can about fun experinces in ld, try a few diffrent techs and try a other diffrent things to do inside a ld. there was a topic a while ago here about the fav things to do inside a ld, why not try some of them that sure sparked it up for me again, and the fact taht i missed it.

You could also try and dream withsome 1 else, weather that be a shared dream or it be sharing dreams while awake that can help

BuLLeT-PrOOf

First and most important, stay committed to practicing every day.

While awake try to think of new and different things to try in a LD to help keep your interest and excitement.

Thanks, I’ll try… I think it helps to read the forums for about 10-20 minutes before going to sleep.

Bullet_Proof make a to do list for what you would like to do in your lds.
What to explore or what should sound like fun to you.
Further maybe try to remember your best experiences u have had from lucid dreams in the past!

Good luck!
And its normal to loose interest now and then :smile:

Man, losing interest altogether just plain sucks. I think if you do kind of lose interest, at least do something having to do with lucid dreaming now and then.

I too have that a bit

it is possible to gain new motivation by setting up goals. for ex. I decided to overcome ego demands which fade lucidity. that was a success. next step, to increase lucidity. then, stabilize… and so on

*edited for clarity

Well I find that when I’m excited the more I think about LDing, which leads to more LDs in the first place. So as I lose interest and therefore have less LDs. I don’t want to lose interest because I know how fun it can make sleeping. I think I will start to type all my dreams, LDs, and plans in the future. Set goals for my self, and more. Hopefully with some help from these forums and you guys I can get back to the way things used to be :happy:.

*Second note: I am interested in inducing an OBE, but am unsure of the steps to do so. Could any OBE experts out there help me?

i lose interesting in everything all at once. no interest in anything=no interest in doing anything in a LD. perhaps you are going through a depressed period?

No not really depressed I just feel like I still want to have them, I try but it’s just not as fun anymore.

Bullet-Proof do u lack fun anyway these days or only with lucid dreaming?

Only with LDing… I thhave started to type my dreams again, so I am remembering more each night which is good.

hmm well i still havent record my dreams yet all about sex so far lol, damn good mind you bit i dont always write them dreams… ireally should start recording again, thanx iwill start again 2 night :happy:

I don’t know what you already have done while Lucid Dreaming. But to get yourself exited to ding it, you have to set yourself a goal what you want to do in a LD. If you choose something you really really wanna do, then I believe the exitement will come again.

about setting a goal, remember there are nou boundries…

maybe an idea… we are always talking about higher en more and bigger… but if you already went to the moon and saturn and pluto.

How about getting into the core of the earth?

Would be great to make dc´s lucid.
That would be quite funny.