Hypnogogic Imagery?

Is there any way to increase your chances of seeing this “hynogogic imagery” I’ve been hearing about?

And marijuana doesn’t count :roll:

One way is staying up for something like 24 hours without sleep. When you finally go to sleep you will get HI much faster and it’s usually more vivid.
Othervise just try to lie in the bed and not move at all and focus on something so you wont fall asleep too fast. You can focus on your breathing or the way you body feels. Or you can try playing some music on low volume and focus on that.

Hope that helped :smile: and good luck with your HI Quest :cool:

Wow…a revelation for me here! :eek:

I always wondered if there was some fancy term for all those things I see when I close my eyes!!!

One main ‘object’ I see is a ragged circle of light, that shrinks and fades at regular intervals. It starts off being my entire field of vision, and disappears into a pinpoint, and then recycles itself.

There’s another thing that has bugged me ever since I was quite young, less than 10 I’d have to say…

Has anyone else ever experienced a feeling just before sleep that everything you are touching is somehow larger than it really was? I can recall grasping my pillow and somehow feeling it as being enormous! I could almost feel every single cell of my body that was touching anything…the covers, the mattress…it’s very hard to convey the sensations I feel in this state. When I was young, it was really quite upsetting for whatver reason. But I find now that I can easily ‘will’ myself into re-creating this effect.

I’m going to try an experiment tonight - to see if inducing this feeling can assist me into a WILD. I really hope so, as my LD furnace still seems cold lately. :grrr:

LDN