Drugs influencing your ability to have a lucid dream?

www.dextroverse.org is your bible for those taking or considering taking DXM. I’d really recommend reading the FAQ too.

Great site, but keep in mind most of the people on that forum use DXM ALOT, way to much in my opinion, so use your best judgement

Yesterday, I took 2 Robitussin Cough gelcaps at around 6:30 PM. Then at 12:30 AM, I took 2 more before going to bed. This was 60 mg of DXM altogether. I concentrated on trying to get an OBE, but I could only get a slight sense that I was leaving my body. I have no plans of getting high off DXM, but only using it for OBE purposes, so I won’t take more than the recommended dosage. This morning I woke up with a huge headache. I fear it may be from the DXM effects, combined with the fact I really didn’t have any bad cough to cure. Or it could have been the way I slept…but anyway, yeah that’s my experience. Any advice for me? Do I take more today or give it a rest? Thanks for reading. :smile:

NOOOOOOOO!!! thats too much dxm!

you shouldent exceed 1200mg or it starts getting dangerous

1400mg is not deadly, read erowid.org
60 mg is not NEAR enough to get ab OBE like effect of DXM, in fact, even when I took 720 mg I did not reach that level, I am guessing you need at least 900 mg depending on the person. But make sure you are safe about everything, and if it gives you headaches then dont do it, but it probably did that because you took it in a small dose, DXM acts very differently with different dosages

about effecting drugs on your LDs, i think it is , specialy when you use drugs that give you hulicunation.it is like you try to look the life , like a dream everybody knows that it work and help you to build the new perception of life, drugs do it in the stronger and sometimes in not wanted ways. this new way of looking gives you more power for LDs.
i dont use to many drugs but i use a kind of very strong hash from afghanestan that is too rare. i saw the starst and glaxies ( just i can say this ) but also got a huge bad sensentions for one of my friend that makes us worried.

i think if you wana get the power of drugs just live like a dream , see like a dream … it is more stable and much more with out unwanted sircumstances.

i’m seriously considering trying mushrooms, or preferably salvia. can anybody give me any tips?

what for all drugs go… first try a little and then expand.

I don’t know what the kind is you can get… but although you can eat them, most people think it’s grose, so just make thee from them. Although eating is better because then you can get more.

Wait about an hour (but try not to wait to much during that time) then you should feel it. If not… then you can take some more with it. only a little… because don’t forget you already took some.

If that didn’t do it either then double the portion.

i’m going to stay away from amanita muscaria to begin with, perhaps just try some mexican liberty caps or something. i don’t know, perhaps i’ll try salvia first.

any more input anyone?

I can not speak too much on illicit drugs but, can share my experiences with certain medications.

=> Pain killers like lodine and vicodin= no dream recall and no LD’s

=> Ambien = dream recall but no LD’s

=> xanax = I do not believe it helped me have LD’s but was not a barrier either.

I have the opposite effects from the prescription drugs mentioned.
Painkillers = Soft, Comfortable Sleep, if take it during the day and sleep I almosty always have 6-7 LDs
Xanax: I pass the F&*^ out and sleep hard, dont remember any dreams ever

some drugs are very very very bad and can form extremely bad addictions.

Heroine for example, sure you’ll become… uhhh… as the Pink Floyd song puts it, Comfortably Numb. But the addiction is terrible and it will have bad bad effects even though it will give you the best feeling you’ve ever had in your life.(heh sorry to say that, but it’s so true)

And besides, it’s “just a little pin prick” :tongue: I should stop using references to Pink Floyd.

Don’t get addicted. I know you say “I’ll never get addicted” trust me, it’s a lot more common then you think.

How many pregnant teenagers said the same thing?

lol…well…i guess always two sides to something?. Comfortably Numb, maybe you should listen to it again, I think you may be hearing it wrong.

whoa, i wasn’t talking about anything as hardcore as skag, though I would be interested if anybody has any reports on the effects of skag on lucid dreaming?

It is interesting how people can have opposite reactions to the same medications.

I might try some softcore drugs like the non illegal ones and the non addicted ones but i would never even dream of going anymore then that.

a friend of mine that occasionally uses subitex (spelling?) says that whenever he closes his eyes and relaxes he enters a lucid dream

christo

Do you think it would be possible for you to get the right spelling of that drug. I think you might be talking about Stillnox ( AKA Ambien in the US) it’s a sleeping pill. I am just curious because I have never had a lucid dream on ambien and I would like to see if that is true of others as well.

I have only tried/use marijuana. I love it so much. it needs to be made legal soon here in the U.S.

But I would also like to try the following:

LSD (acid)
Psilocybe cubensis (mushrooms)
Salvia
Peyote.

I am only into psychedelics. all that other stuff is just addictive and dangerous. BUT i know that LSD is definitley addictive for some people. i jsut want to try it once.

Don’t hold your breath. I don’t use it and probably would not even if it were legal, but I agree it should be.