"Sleep for body and mind"

I’m sure we’ve all heard the title phrase before. But if while your sleeping and unconsicous, and your body is paralysed, your getting both sleep for you body and your mind. But if you’re LDing, then isn’t it only your body that is getting it, if your mind is awake? Could this do any harm?

If you do have few intensive LD-s during night and your sleep time is very limited, then your mind might not be as rested as usual IMO. Actually i can say only from my experiences so far: yes, it might “steal” a bit time from your brain’s sleeping time, but as LD is usually more exciting than ND-s, then you can be actually more fresh (due to excitement and enjoyment it brings) than after usual night with usual ND-s. But as harmful - NO! If you find that it starts to get to your nerves to be lucid all the time, i think you can always decide to turn back into normal dream. But again: let somebody with more experience reply ;o)

when i first started getting good i’d feel really tired and drained from being lucid all night

(was i really lucid all night? That is what I professed at the time, so maybe I was, since I’d only get like 3-8 hours of sleep per night being lucid in all dreams isn’t unreasonable I suppose)

but I got over it,s ometimes if I force myself to dream for way longer than my body wants to I’ll feel burned out, but it’s rare… you’ll learn a “limit” of sorts.