Sleep?

Now that I think of it I do remember having sleep deprived halucinations. I was on a plane when I was younger, hadn’t slept for two days and was playing one of those old gameboys. When I stopped I had bleepey theme music going on! I mean, I HAD A THEME SONG! YAY FOR ME!

hahah yeah i’ve had that… on the way to Colorado I had some gameboy FF song in my head, and then when I went to change cars with no gameboy in it… man…

it just kept playing… over, and over, again…

not just in my head, i could faintly still hear it.

that actually sounds kind of cool (the hallucinations) :happy:

but im weird that way. theres only a few days left of summer for me so maybe i will try to stay awake 2 or 3 days at a time

hmm

I got to 45 hours, and I had no cool hallucinations :sad:

All I got was a slight headache the day after I finally slept…

Im gonna try again, see If I can get to 70-100 hours…

It have bin research about not sleeping and the test people got (I don’t remember the word but let say the got crazy) but…

1959 was the record of not sleeping like 200 h… And hi only got “memory gaps??” afterwards :happy:

You dont go into deep sleep but into REM.Right off.Hallucinations might be just signs of mind wanting to dream.Whenever you are sleep deprived you enter REM sooner.
Sleep depravation is sometimes used to go easier with WILD.
good luck:)

These hallucinations are not very long. I knew a truck driver who, during a long travel by night, saw a big heap of sand in the middle of the road. He braked violently… and there was nothing on the road !
So he immediatly parked the truck and sleep !

I’ve had it over 40 hours, no halucinations, but it defeneatly affects the dreams. As soon as I closed my eyes, I found myself somewhere else and the wiew was cristal clear. I think it’s good for training WILD.

one time i saw a dead body on the road during a stressful time at school (one of not much sleep either)

so yes they can happen easily.

i actually told the police about it… it’s really embarrassing but… i guess… eventually… i did the right thing.

unlike my grandma, who once made a huge fuss about seeing some man lying in bushes somewhere with something covering his head, but neglected to call the police about it.

It’s hard to do, I’ll admit… that whole “someone else will do it for me” thing…

oh yeah and the dead body was just a trash bag, but it looked like a blonde girl with a blue shirt, i swear.

a while later i saw a trashcan and thought it was a hedge animal for a moment.

well looking at it that way, I guess stuff like that did happen to me, like I would be walking down the road and keep seeing lamposts in the corner of my eye and thinking they were people, stuff like that, but that wasnt hallucinations, because when I looked at things properly I would see them for what they really were, it was just mild paranoia, like when you see things in the corner of your eye and think they’re something else… like someone following you, but then you turn around and theres nothing…

I hope next time, I’ll get some proper full hallucinations though… hehe…

One other thing I noticed happens with lack of sleep - depression…
Although, I get depressed easily now anyway, I dont know why…

Could be also that you were mindful of the fact that you might get hallucinations, kind of like when you first get into lucid dreaming and you want to get one so bad that it doesn’t happen.

That may have kept the certain part of your brain that produces hallucinations awake, which may be the reason you did not get any.

Cool idea though :smile:

i was awake for about 64 hours last november when i was filming The Village. I had college classes during the day and night shooting…at night. For 3 days in a row so i had no sleep. It was pretty funny when me and all the extras where out side in the freezing cold in the middle of the night huddled in blankets. I remember one guy thought he saw a real creature and was like “wait so are they using real creatures to make this movie?” and we were like what are you talking about. and he was lik “oh nevermind i thought i just saw one but it was prolly in my head.” I hallucinated a few times too. I remember seeing a lotta things outta the corner of my eyes that werent there. pretty weird.

haha just get a hold of some mushrooms or acid and you can have some REAL PROPER hallucinations…hehe

it’s not that easy to just get a hold of them… especially acid…

Trigpoe you worked on the Village, what exactly did you do?

Intresting thread :o I’ve always figured you sleep so you pass the time. And you got tired because you were used to it. I dont see how it could be needed for the brain, but I guess it could be.

not very long ago… can’t remember when though… I stayed up for 32 hours (I tried to stay up for 48 hours, but I wasn’t successful though).

I had some hallunications… I kept on “dozing” off into different worlds… doing my stuff, not knowing that I’m doing something else. It’s like my conscoiusness shuts down on me while my body keeps on functioning.

E.g. I sit down and watch a t.v. I get up and get something to eat… noticing that everything is heavily distorted… and then I do something for few hours… only to find myself back on the couch watching T.V. as if nothing happened… I realized I hallunicated that I got up and did that stuff!

Then at the end of 32 hours… the halluication kept on getting longer and longer where I can’t tell if I fell asleep or not… only to learn after those heavy hallunications that I woke 10 hours later.

It was so confusing!!! But it was fun! hahaha :happy: Thought I would share that with u :wink:

Im at 24 hours without sleep and im going for 72 and just before i typed this i saw a grey blob move in the corner of my eye and it scared me and it dissapeared. I saw it again but i stared directly at it and it kind of slid across the carpet and i was so scared i couldent breathe. After realizing it was a centipede i calmed down and tried to squish it but it ran under the bed. I dont even know why i was scared… it was small… i must be a wimp

It would be hard to make it to 72…

I’ve done it again, but not for any reason really, I’m at 35 Hrs right now.
For some reason its not so easy this time as it was last time…

But, I have noticed something interesting, a few hours ago I was just browsing the internet (really tired) and I kept like, I dunno how to explain it, but… losing consciousness? while still doing stuff on the pc but it wasnt like it was me doing it, It was like, my body was doing it on its own and I had to keep waking my mind up to concentrate on what I was doing…
Hard to explain unless you know what I mean…

ViperX… I know you too well! :smile:

Btw… Some scientists also said that without REM/deep sleep, we can die. :confused: Our brain gets so messed up and our body doesn’t get a chance to “recover” or “regenerate.”

So therefore, sleeping is very important to us. Otherwise, we probably would attempt to stay up all of our life… and miss out our lucid dreams. :wink:

Im at 40 hours and the walls look like there is a layer crumpled up plastic wrap and its moving around violently. These visuals are very similar to the ones I saw on diphenhydramine but less intense