Doesn't approve of ld

LOL, Demon ! With your nickname, sure that Girliesteph will trust you :happy:

Girliesteph,
Lucid dreaming is not a cult, it’s an ability of human mind which has been studied scientifically for 30 years in Stanford University by Pr Laberge and others.
My mother is very religious ( and supersticious too ) and she doesn’t like me practising LD. But I’m a big boy now :smile: ( I’m 40 ) I don’t live anymore
at my parent’s home, so I do what I want. I just avoid to share with her my experiences, so that she’s not afraid.
People are generally afraid of what they don’t know. But I don’t think that you have very good conditions for practising LD. If your dad and mom are not convinced of the harmlessness of LDing, I would recommend you to give up for the moment.

People have natural fear of the unknown. If somebody came up to you and told you that they could do something that was totally out of the way of normal logic, they’re gonna think its strange and/or dangerous.

My Mum doesn’t mind me doing it, but she says, “I’m gonna do myself harm” with it. I say, “Well that might as well mean your dreams are harmful, it’s essentially the same thing”.

Just show her the evidence proving that its perfectly harmless.:smile:

Various things Jesus has said indicates he would be pro lucid dreaming, such as “heaven is inside you” (correct me if i’m wrong)… I interpret that as LOOK INWARD, not outward, for salvation. (ala lucid dreaming, meditation)

lucid dreaming is natural you will have lucid dreams whether you want to or not, once in a while… why would God force you to do something “Satanic” against your will?

Dreaming is natural, if we didn’t enter REM sleep we would eventually go insane and then die, therefore, “God” wants us to dream.

So since we see that God wants us to dream, there is nothing Satanic about pursuing an interest in dreaming.

Much like how someone who is fascinated by roller coasters will probably eventually try to ride them, someone fascinated by dreaming (normally a passive activity) will eventually try to climb aboard and interact with his dreams.

Both can be scary to the average person who doesn’t give a damn about them or doesn’t even know they exist… but that doesn’t make them “evil”

and if all else fails, start listening to Tool, then your mother will worry so much about your “Satanic” taste in music that she won’t care about you lucid dreaming anymore.

I’m Christian too (and similarly to Demon, born again). In my first long LD i even conciously prayed to God about real life matters and it felt great (i felt similar as in real life). LD is all about what you decide in your mind (or at least influenced with your mind). If you want to use your ld-s for worshipping satan and calling out demonic stuff within LD it’s possible. But if you want to use your ld-s for communicating with God - it is also possible (do you think that God doesn’t read your mind?). In other words: you can do both of those things in real life as you can do them in ld. It’s you who decides what to do in ld-s, not some demon, or whatever.

Since i started to be aware about ld-s and started to have longer ld-s, my real life actually improved. I actually have some mild social phobias, but LD-s are helping me to cure them. I have started to be more sociable, i think ;o)

Editional note: my wife was bit afraid of it too when i started to practice ld systematically. But now she has experiencing few ld-s herself and finds it exciting :cool_laugh:

I just browsed through this post and felt lucky I have an open minded mother. My mom was the one who told me about lucid dreams, and how meditation is good for clearing your mind. You have to have an open mind for some things, lucid dreams is one of them, and definetley a really neat thing. Neither my mother or I are christian… :confused:

oh yeah and if “God” talks to you in a dream please don’t take it seriously, this is how people who hear voices end up on killing sprees.

I mean, I don’t know why you’d dream up God telling you to kill someone but, you know, just be skeptical of any contacts you might have with “higher beings” “demons” “aliens” etc… it could happen, but… you know… .

Try and stay rational about it. I’ve never personally had a bad dream of a God or of Jesus, however someone on here had one where Jesus was quite mean to him.

It could’ve been real, but it’s best to stay skeptical.

my parents think that its awesome that I am interested in Lucid dreaming… I am not a christian

My parents are not so open-minded as I often want them to be…so I never told them very much about me lucid dreaming…

Even the most conservative person will think nothing of it if you just explain it as something that happens. I have 20 LDs a month, but I still don’t LD at will. If it is just something that happens they will be less likely to place judgement on your activities and be more open to learning about it.

I haven’t talked much to my mom about LDing. She said she used to naturally LD. I think she thinks I’m a little odd though for pursuing it :grin: There’s really nothing unnatural about lucid dreaming, but some people have a funny way of thinking that it either doesn’t exist or that it’s evil. shrug

If after trying to explain it, your mom is still freaked out by it, say “ok, mom, I won’t do it anymore if it really worries you that much”.

Then continue to do it :wink:

It’s not like she can read your mind to see if you’ve been doing it after all! Just don’t use a novadreamer when you go to bed, lol

Funny thing,My dad got me in to lucid dreams.
He has cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome) and he was telling me how his mind never shuts down even in his dreams,so I get on the net to see whats up with that and found this site.
Now me and my dad study lucid dreams :content:

No matter what religion you are, I dont get how you can be against lucid dreaming. Its something thats natural that your mind can do, no harm, no satan, and no god. Unless you are dreaming about one of them.

THats awesome Bio !!! !!!

girly steph? have you already convinced your mom???

Maybe she can registrate to this forum, so she can read what her daughter is so interesting in. So she can ask her own questions etc.

The first thing your mom need to understand is that LD is very normal and children have them much more regular and natural. So if LD’s come spontanious, how can it be bad?

Also if your mom believes in the lessons you can learn from dreaming and so on… and she is affraid of that if you LD, you won’t use your dreamfunction (use your dreams where it is ment for) and there for messing with nature and therefor satanic. Explain that although you can influence youre dream, there will always be apart that comes spontanious etc. If that wouldn’t be… RC’s would always work :smile:

Please let us know How it goes convincing your mom. (BTW I’m from Holland, the Site is from a dutch person… and you live in the Canada… there is no way this forum can be a cult.

there are a lot of people, not so much on here, that tie lucid dreaming into all sorts of things that worried mothers WOULD find Satanic though.

if you go over to www.astralpulse.com and have alook at their forums, many many many people belive in energy vampirism, believe that gemons, ghosts, etc (called “negs”) lurk in OBEs, and sometimes LDs, waiting to screw with your mind and energy.

Some people there believe they are being stalked by said entities, sometimes they think they are government “psi ops” etc…

it’s VERY MUCH a placebo effect, just reading that forum used to give me encounters with said “negs” so…

I can see how someone can construe lucid dreaming (especially when reffered to as OBE or AP) as something “Satanic”

frankly I think OBE, AP, LD, they’re all the same, just with different methods of entry, but, at any rate…

it wouldn’t be a good idea to have her read forums, even these, there are the occasional demon, vampire, whatever posts, posts about having gratuitious sex with anything it walks (something I’m guilty of) and going on killing sprees, etc… all sorts of “immoral” things that people use LDs to indulge in.

Lucid dreaming can be indulgent and “sinful” as much as it can be rewarding, englithening, and tranquil, and spiritual.

It’s just an exploraiton of the self really… but… she might be worried about you having tons of sex or something…

not that you don’t have sex dreams while un-lucid anyway… but…

you know, i wouldn’t really steer her to the forums, she’ll ask you what you want to do in your dreams and stuff, and get invasive on your privacy, and read your posts, probably.

oh yes and Satanism as a RELIGION has nothing to do with Satan really, it’s a mockery of God, the Bible, etc, including the aspect of there being a Satan, as Satan is basically just a metaphor for the evil of HUMANITY… itself… it’s kind of an indulgent form of humanism and does not endorse murder and sacrifices, etc.

there are crazy people that DO worship Satan though, and perform “satanic” rituals, which are not to be confused with “occult” rituals, which have nothing to do with any notion of the being “Satan” (i guess it depends in particular on what rituals you are reasearching…)

I agree with “holy reality”, hope you haven’t shown your parents this forum, because this forum is a bit “different” than other forums…and if you have shown them the forum…hope that they don’t take everyshing said seriously…

I’m a Satanist and from my point of view there’s nothing Satanic about it.

By the way i don’t worship satan. Satan is a Christian concept. I don’t believe in Satan or in God - at least not in a “physical/spiritual form”

Yes! Join us! Or we’ll eat your brains! :cool_laugh:

All you have to do is commit mass suicide, I’ll take care of the rest and stay here… :tongue:

The classic result of a cult. (Rhymes…)

Ah, but that would be dishonest :wink:

unless she CAN read your mind :neutral: :cool_laugh:

Oh yeah, like that crazy guy from Frailty.

But didn’t he turn out to be right in the end? And they DID do the things he said they did? But that’s another story.

Speaking of which… what EXACTLY is a born again Christian if you don’t mind me asking?

But if God reads your mind why would want to spend some of your most valuable (due to their rarity compared to other times) times to communicate with God when you could do it… right now? :wink:

Which is something I thought about before, dreams would be like aliens and bigfoot if everyone didn’t have them, people would say people were crazy and imagine your confusion if you were the only person who dreamt and you’re trying to make sense of the fact that you fell asleep somewhere, had this weird experience, and woke up in the same place… and stuff.

Lol, that way I saw that displayed with the first bit on a seperate line looked like “I don’t live anymore” :content:

Meaning you’re a ghost. :bored:

Where did the name “Satanist” come from? This isn’t meant to be accusing, I’m just not religious and so have very little knowledge of the majority of religions.