Better dream recall on vacation. Why?

I hope someone can help here. I just went on vacation for a couple of weeks. During the 2 weeks I was gone, I had one very short lucid dream, and questioned if I was dreaming in a couple (did’nt do a reality check :grrr: ). But the main thing was I did not keep a dream journal the whole time I was there, and I did’nt try anything different but my dream recall was excellent and my dreams were VERY vivid. Has anyone had this happen, and is there any reason why this happened? maybe change of scenery, different temperature in the room? Help I want to duplicate it.

Since I’ve been back, I only vaguely remembered 1 dream. and not so vivid. Help please!

Wow this is very interesting and THANK you for bringing this to my attention.

I am going on vacation Monday, I live in Florida, am visiting Boston Mass.

I’m going to bring my DD and record every dream I have. I have problems with dream recall.

I’d like an answer to his question too.

funny, I was just in Florida on vacation. hehe. Good luck!

the reason is: LESS STRESS

that’s what i was going to say. perhaps you were just more relaxed on holiday, and therefore had the ability to have more vivid dreams.

I actually experienced something related to this last summer when I was on vacation for two weeks and had two lucid dreams while I was away (which is a lot more me :wink: ). I brought it up on this forum, and a few people mentioned that it might be that I was more aware of my surroundings IRL because I was in a new place, so I was also more aware in my dreams which led to lucidity.

I know this isn’t exactly what you’re talking about but I thought you might be interested. As for more vivid dreams… yup, less stress sounds like it might’ve been the cause.