Dream Recall

Any tips for dream recall? (edited cuz it was 2 long :content: )

-spending a few minutes before opening your eyes to be awake, recalling your dreams.
-writing them down (dream jornal/diary)
-keep notes of fragments of dreams as you recall them through the day
-good (and long) sleep schedule
-good diet and stay hydrated.
(edited cuz it was 2 long :smile: )

While lying in your bed during the evening, repeat to yourself as a mantra: “Tomorrow I WILL remember my dreams in every details” (or something alike). Really want it, and make sure the message has come through in your subconsciousness. Repeat it until you fall asleep. If you wake up early, repeat it again when you go back to bed. This really helps! But you need to do it everyday to make good progress.

1. Near my bed, I have my notebook and pen.
  2. Before sleeping, in my bed, I relax and when I’m deeply relaxed, I repeat “1) I will remember my dreams, 2) I will remember, etc.” 50 or 100 times.
  3. When I wake up, I definitly don’t move ! Moving causes loss of dream recall. I remember my dreams without opening my eyes, then I write them on my notebook.
  4. I do this every morning.

If you wake up to a beeping alarm try to have it wake up to radio instead. I couldn’t recall anything and then when I got a new alarm that had it wake up to classical music I remember much much more.

Another thing !
5) If I don’t remember my dream immediatly, I practise a sort of association game : I think a word, then another, and after one or two minutes, this makes me remember a bit of a dream, and searching what happend before and after this bit, I can remember my dream.

Ah yes I do this too. I begin with thinking about every major dreamscape I frequently find myself in. At the same time I observe my feelings about these thoughts. Next, I picture people, animals and general situations which are recurring dreamsigns. Mostly, one of these, or a combination of several, bring back the dream memories. Helps me a lot!

thnx for the ideas, i’m thinkin the lying in the same position eyes closed, is probly the one of the biggest things. for me tho its almost involuntary that i open my eyes and move, i don’t really think about it for a few seconds. does it get easier with practice and stuff?

Yes it gets easier. If you practice a lot, you will automatically remember to lie still upon awakening. This is a natural reaction of your sub-c because you regularly imprinted your intention of remembering your dreams. So don’t actively think that it’s too hard to remember it upon awakening. If you strengthen the wish to recall your dreams during the evening, the sub-c will do the rest :smile: