Lucid Dreams or not?

Okay, well about 2 days after I started doing RC’s ( I do the one where you plug your nose and see if you can still breathe through it ) I had a lucid dream. Atleast I think it was a lucid dream. I did the reality check around the beginning of the dream, and then I just sort of walked around. I can’t remember it now… I should have wrote it down, but I didn’t think of that at the time. Every night since then I have been having ‘lucid’ dreams. I’ll have about 3-4 dreams a night. In 2 of them I do a reality check then do something (but I can’t remember anything besides doing the RC). The other 2 are usually just average dreams. But every night or second night one of my normal dreams has me telling a friend about lucid dreaming, and showing them how to do RC’s, but I have no control over those dreams so It’s like I’m describing lucid dreams in a normal dream.
My question is, could it be possible that in my ‘lucid’ dreams I’m only dreaming that I’m lucid ? I think last night my dream was lucid, or atleast somewhat lucid, because I can remember telling myself I wanted to fly, and then like flapping my arms and moving my legs and then I had this feeling like I was floating. But while this happened, I felt like I was half awake. And then earlier this morning, my last dream had been me telling people about lucid dreams, but I had a hard time talking, like what I wanted to say would come out totally wrong ( I have a retainer, would that make that happen in my dreams? ). But then I was slowly waking up and I could hear myself talking (IRL) and I talked normal then.

Is it normal to also be a bit scared/overwhelmed when your dreams are becoming lucid? Because I have this feeling like its a dark art or some sort of witchcraft… is it? And also, is it possible that im not really have lucid dreams and only dreaming that my dreams are lucid ?

Thanks,
Steph

Oh and also, when I do the reality check, I don’t remember getting a feeling like that tingly or rush kind of feeling like other people said they get. Do I have to get that feeling in order to be lucid? I don’t remember getting that feeling…

Waw ! :eek: Congrats ! You’re gifted !

Why does a lot of people ask this ? It’s strange… If you know you’re dreaming, if you make RC’s, and if your dream is more vivid after that, it’s a LD. But you really need to increase your dream recall, because you perhaps forgot these feelings.

Hmmm ? Talking IRL ? Wasn’t it a false awakening ?

In very first LDs, everybody is emotive too much.

In the Middle Age, some italian witchs used to LD. But as they told the inquisitors they were just dreaming, and as they used it to protect the harvest, they have not been burned. And greek monks used to have LD in order to pray all the night.

It’s common when you WILD and very less when you MILD. You don’t have to get that feeling. I just had it once.

Next time u are lucid, say to u self the u are lucid and rely thing of it, try to convince your self that u really are a dream (more the u all ready are) That will make it more clear (It works fore me) Then during the dreams think of what u did earlier in the dream , that will make it more easy to remember it later. And if u have really hart to remember the dreams try to wake u up when u fell the dream are going to a end, (I have this problem if I not wake up directly after the dream do I have problem to remember it )

lol. no, don’t worry :content: . i guess some ppl who r in 2 that kind of thing may think that or use it like that :neutral: , but no, all it is is just dreaming only u’ve snapped out of it and realized that u were dreaming. :smile:

k thanks. My dad is pretty religious and I believe in God and everything so if it were a dark art or something I’d feel like I had to stop myself from doing it. I don’t think God would have anything against controlling your dreams though… lol. And yea I find it pretty odd that I am already having LD’s when I just found out about it around a week ago and I was able to do it so soon… maybe from thinking about it so much. But, to me, it seems unusual that some people hadn’t started to LD soon after they found out about it as well.

I think I’ll keep a dream journal from now on = )

yeah i think god would be kool with it :smile: , unless it’s going against how ur body is supposed to work and it’s bad for ur brain(which i doubt)…but it’s definitley not whitchcraft! lol. God bless!

Mm, everyone is different when it comes to lucid dreaming. Some people have LDs pretty quickly after they learn about it, and others take longer. You seem to have a knack for LDing which is good :content:

Nope, LDing isn’t a dark art. In fact, with some people it’s even natural. When they’re dreaming, they just automatically become lucid; they might not even know what lucid dreaming is!

About the tingly feeling – I’ve never really heard of it. I do sort of get a rush, but it’s not something that I actually feel in the dream. Sort of just an excitement kinda rush, like, “Wow, I’m lucid yay!” Heh…

Congrats on your LDs!

Sounds interesting. I doubt all of them could be fake lucid dreams. Fake lucid dreams do happen sometimes though. My first two were fake, but I think it was just by chance and not really any kind of problem that needed to be fixed. I stuck with it longer and succeeded at a real one. My first fake lucid dream, I found myself trying to fly also. I should note, that I have never flown during a dream, lucid or non-lucid. I just found myself in the middle of this field at this summer camp I used to go to. Trying to run and jump off the ground to fly, and I would just jump really high, then slowly drift to the ground.

Lucid dreaming is witchcraft? No way. Dreams have to do with brain waves and the complex scenarios your brain produces. These are real, you know they are because you have had non-lucid dreams before. I would hate it if I found out people practicing lucid dreaming were refering to it as a dark art. I hate that kind of stuff, there is nothing dark or magical about it at all. Its all upstairs.

What I think the tingly feeling is, is just being excited. Its kind of when you get a goal in sports (if you are into sports at all). It just has to do with nerves I suppose. Either that or the reality check might cause some kind of muscle twitch that makes a vibration of some sort to your paralized body when you are sleeping in bed.