Was I lucid??

Last night I was in a dream & sitting by a pool. Suddenly I realized I was dreaming but had no real way to check (or any way I could think of right then) …so I walked away & now I’m trying to find my house…I felt if I closed my eyes, I would lose the thought & so I just kept walking.

I finally found my house & I was sitting on the bed holding my son but I just walked in too & someone else was sitting next to me on bed too…so then I’m thinking I am a different part of myself like a “dream version” & thats why there was 2 of us. I never talked to “me” but I talked to the other girl. I said to her, “I think I’m dreaming” and I put my hand through the door & wall to show her.

Then I walked into bathroom and noticed my image didn’t look different in mirror & thought that was odd so I looked at my hands and they were all wavy looking so that seemed good. Then I was looking for some paper because I wanted to write this down so I could remember this dream (weird I know) ,but couldn’t find any.
I left bathroom and tried convincing the girl in my dream that she was dreaming too (cuz I read somewhere you could pull others into your dreams & share dreams with them this way)…but I didn’t know her really (I think it was Alyssa Milano’s character on Charmed…Phoebe…lol )… then cops busted in…

Anyway, I knew I was dreaming but couldn’t really control anything around me …but I kept telling myself I was dreaming & kept having fun going through walls…playing with hands & stuff…it was odd.
Was I lucid or what? What was going on??

You were lucid.

a Lucid dream is simply a dream where you know you are dreaming in the dream.

I would say that you were lucid. Being lucid doesn’t necessarily mean that you can control your surroundings; it just means that you’re aware that you are dreaming.

Definitely a LD! A pretty long one too… Congrats :smile:
Becoming lucid is just the first step to control parts of your dreams. Without becoming lucid, dream control is difficult because you’re not aware this possibility even exists. But when you’re lucid, you might suddenly realize you have the means to control your dream to a certain extent. So lucidity and dream control are two different but related things :smile: