NEW Reality Check Tool

I could use my phone in almost the same way :tongue:
I would only need the repeat alarm because it already vibrates.

Maybe I should put my phone under my pillow to see if I can induce a LD with it.
Guess that would be VILD = ‘vibration induced lucid dream’ :grin:

haha, that’s interesting. though i doubt this will actually work to help you induce any lucid reams. the whole point of reality checks is that you get into a routine of doing them, and you remember to do them yourself. there won’t be something vibrating in the dream, you’ll need to remember to check yourself. at least that’s how i understand it.

mad, If you do an RC every time your watch vibrates, then set it to vibrate while you’re asleep and in REM sleep, your subconcious will pick up the vibrating and you’ll think to do an RC, and discover you’re dreaming. that’s the ida. Looks like a great tool, but I don’t wear watches.

I agree with you ChicoRaton about your RC point. I have only had the opportunity to test it out once thus far. Looking forward to more tests, while sleeping. Terribly more comfortable than wearing a NovaDreamer.

I also agree with you madhatter… in getting to a point where you recognize and remember to do a RC yourself. Essentially, not becoming too dependant on a tool (Shannon Dunn alludes to this) It comes down to recognizing what you are doing. Simular, I believe to using the rubber band method, you have to recognize what you are doing, the rubber-band does not do it for you. The rubber-band method is merely awknowledgement of the RC. You remind yourself that you did the RC with the rubber-band. Wake up I did a RC.

hmmm…interesting.

this looks great… i want one!

Does this really work? I’m afraid it would wake me up.

WOW man if I didn’t know better I would say that was some sort of ad Lol. I only read a little bit of the beginning and the lucid dreaming part, but from what I read the main thing you were trying to say is that the watch can be used for RCing because of its multiple alarms and countdowns?

This watch seems like a great idea. I think I’m gonna put it on my wishlist for Christmas! If anyone does buy this watch, please tell us if it helps induce Lucid Dreams!

This would be great if you need to use it while you’re at school or work, and don’t want to disturb anybody else.

Great link, DMT.

I just bought my vibralite yesterday on an ebay auction

I should be receiving it thursday!

I will let all of you know its capabilities lucid dream wise when i test it out

Hey,

I bought the Vibralite3, and I have been using it for some time. A week or two, maybe.

Although it has not resulted in any lucid dreams, it has helped me doing RCs much more often. I now do RCs at least 7 times per hour throughout the day in every situation. This is many times the amount I did it before I got the watch. I feel that it has really helped me increasing my awareness by reminding me of my intentions for LL and RC in situations where I normally would be totally engulfed in what I am doing, like when I was arguing with this idiot at my workplace. It kind of also gave me a nice feeling of being detatched and superior :wink:

The best thing would be to remember it by myself of course, but I am convinced that this can really help me getting to the point where I don’t need the watch anymore. It’s important not to think it will do all the work for you.

Since I am betatesting another LD product during the nigths I have not been able to use it while I sleep as often as I would like to. The nights I have done so it gave no results, but maybe when I am able to do it more often as well as work hard on mental preparation it will.

Dysamalex… Have you tried making it go off in REM sleep…?

And is there anyway to adjust the intensity of the vibration on the watch?

thanks

Brumans… So far I mostly just set it to vibrate every half hour. This means that it automatically vibrates when 10 minutes and 5 minutes are left from the countdown as well as every 30 min (when it vibrates for 20 seconds). In addition it has a function so that it vibrates every full hour. I kind of just figure that that amount of vibration would have to hit the REM phase somehow.

I have tried to put the countdown on 90-100 mins to hit the REM-phase once, but it had no effect (apart from occasionally waking me up, as it sometimes does). I’ll probably experiment with that in the future, though.

You cannot adjust the intensity as you can on the invisible clock.

Yes, Dysamalex I use my Vibralite in practically the same way. Doing many RC’s through the day, quite handy. I wish I could wear mine at work, that would be cool. (manual labor here)

p.s. guys, too bad you cannot change the vibration intensity, that would be a really nice addition. Also, on my watch when you turn on the backlight, then switch to a different mode the backlight turns off. A minor quiver but I would like the backlight to be on at all times when switching modes.

Using the watch now for a while I guess I do really like the warning beeps (or vibration) on 10 minuites then 5 minuites, when using the countdown timer. :smile: I just like it.

awesome, hopefully i’ll get mine today.

I bought the silver more expensive one, but got it for about the price as the other ones on eBay :smile:

Yea, I got the silve one as well. It looks quite good, I think.

BTW, I had my first lucid dream in around 2 months this night. I give credit for this, at least partly, to this nice watch.

I love this watch!

Its a great, something similar to LaBerge’s “P.E.S.T.”

I have it on auto countdown to vibrate every 30 minutes
and when it goes off I

• check digital clock
  • look at hands
  • Plug Nose
  • Read text 2x
  • Check to see if everything looks the way it is supposed to

This has definetely been a great tool for reality checks anyways, but not needed… it sort of made reality testing make sense and worthwhile.

I have yet to try to set this off in REM sleep… maybe i will try it tommorrow or the next day.

As you might have noticed the watch, for some reason, emits a small sound when the light is lit. When I don’t wear it at night, I turn off the vibration/sound, so that when the alarm goes off it only blinks at my bedside table.

Interestingly, it seems that the small noise from the light made its way into my dream this morning. I was with this girl, and she was borrowing my watch. I noticed the alarm go off. I heard the small sound, and was reflecting on why she did not notice it.

I did not think to RC, but I could easily have done so.

Pretty cool.

heh, yeah i noticed the sound too when the light goes on… I gotta try this tonight. I’ll set an alarm to go off and vibrate about 6 hours into sleep… see what happens.

Hey guys, just another quick update.

I have not had the opportunity to further test my Vibralite for Lucid Dreaming (while sleeping). I hope that when college finals are over I can focus more on testing it out. However, I have been using it –almost daily- for studying and keeping focused on priorities. I really like timing myself with the Vibralite because I can see if I’m wasting time or not. Lately I have found myself wasting time on the internet and so fourth, not completing as much schoolwork as I should. I have been using it for 30 minuite countdowns.

That’s about it from here…

If anyone else has bought one, please share your experiences. Love to hear them.