Dreamviews

I had a look around DV a couple of days ago and to behonest i got the feeling that DV was just a forum about a specific topic. Where as i’ve always felt that LD4all was more than just a forum.

I think it’s partly because it has heart in it and also if i remember correctly - Q said she “dreamed the layout and look” of her site and made it to what she dreamt, which gives it a uniqueness to it as well.

right Dark Matter, most of this site has came from lucid dreams. All that Lucid_Adventurer mentions was created from pasQuale’s LD’s I believe.

I remember having a LD and I was trying out computers so I visited this site. It loaded and I seen a new section called “lucidity Intro” and I could see pasQuale move and name the forum as I watched.
I wrote about my dream on the forum, and soon after I posted it I noticed a new section called “lucidity intro.” :happy:
My dream had come true!! and right before my very eyes just like the dream that dreamt of it. :grin: (heh, if that makes since) pasQuale had read my LD and thought it was a great idea and she told me “dreams really do come true at LD4all” :content:

I think that sums up the difference between the 2 sites.

On dreamviews they say they don’t like the wings on the top of the page Personally, I like the wings. It definitely looks like something that was inspired by a dream. What could be more perfect for a site about lucid dreaming.

yeah the wings are a great addition and it saves having to manually type pages on the site or go through bookmarks - deffinately a good idea.

There’s so much that LD4all has that many forums don’t have, that is the homely feel i meantioned before. The few forums i actually goto all but one has that feel to them it attracts me to them i think and in all honesty i probably would never have joined LD4all if it hadn’t.

I was searching google for info on either astral projection or Remote viewing and LD4all popped up i had no intentions of joining any forum, but i dunno i just like it and here i am. Strange thing is since finding LD4all i have redone searches for both AP-ing and RV’s but LD4all never showed in the searches since. Makes you wonder if i was “meant” to stumble across the site :eek: :grin: :eh: :dream: :om:

Yea, I wasn’t going to join the forum at first because I’m not into forums that much, but I started reading them for a few days, and decided I was really interested in the topic and everyone seemed pretty nice about it. So I joined. I actually found Dream Views before I signed up for this forum. I have never checked out their forum though. I really don’t care about the layout, as long as it is easy to navigate. When it comes to forum, I think ld4all.com is much better.

Well, although we have less users we have more posts. As far as the forum goes I would say we are pretty much on an even footing. We also tend to have more users on from day to day.

I did not even know about this site till today. I had been going to dreamviews for over 10 months.

I dunno… ld4all, it’s good and all, but, y’know…

THE LINKS ON DREAMVIEWS CHANGE COLOR! :gni:

Hee. Sorry, couldn’t resist.

I personally like dreamviews and I joined it some time ago. Also, like someone said they don’t do name-calling and personal attacks, I think no serious forum should allow them.

Um you better look again. They have a complete thread where they do nothing but beat up on a 9 year old. :sad: People have come here and complaind about how unfriendly dreamviews is. They have 2 threads (that I saw) about how they have to become a more friendly site. Granted that is progress but, dreamviews still has a ways to go yet. Ld4all in my opinion is clearly the superior site. :smile:

I think the front page actually calls all other lucid dreaming sites “ignorant” and they seem to boast about having the real truth “true merits” to lucidity. Their paradigm on the front pages quotes “we attempt to extricate lucid dreaming from the ensnaring darkness of ignorance.”

Dreamviews is a good site on lucid dreams, but it has separated itself from the already exisitant lucid dreaming community. I think LD4all promotes more of a unity with other related sites, even if our beliefs differ. DV seems to want to separate itself from the roots of the LD community.

It seems the atmosphere there breeds agressive behavior towards LD4all. We have had a few of their members join here to post threads insulting us, but I have not seen any evidence of LD4all members reacting that way on DV. I always feel disappointed and attacked when viewing their forum as a LD4all member. They have and do call us names.

The forums are not a popularity contest. Both are great places with good information. However the management of each forum creates an unique atmosphere for both of us. Choice is good, and a change of perspective is great.

DreamAddict

You bring up a good point. I could be wrong but, I don’t think ld4all has ever beat up on other lucid dreaming sites (until now that is in self defense). In fact, like you said, Q has formed partner ships with other sites like sea life. I recognized a few people from ld4all on dreamviews and our members behave far better on dreamviews then the dreamvies members that have visited here and as you point out attack us.( Hope that made sense)I am proud that our members do not act likewise when they visit dreamviews ( as far as I know ).

They not only call us names but they rip each other apart pretty good too.

Sure we have had some squabbles here and there on this site. But nothing like I saw on that cold dark day when ld4all was down. Out of desperation and severe withdrawal I foolishly visited dreamviews. The nightmares !!! They still haunt me. :confused:

I appreciate all the lucid forums on the net as well as the astral ones. If Sealife weren’t down at the moment I’d post the stats I posted there about them all.

I think when ranked in membership order Robert Bruces Astral forum is number one, then its either the astral society or LD4all. I need to join and post at Dream views as they send the most visitors to the Lucid Crossroads of anywhere on the net but that will have to wait till the new site is done.

Have any of you heard of a Thread Bridge? This is where you start a thread on both forums about a common subject. A couple of users make sure they are members of both forums and then a couple of times a day they post the new posts collected in one forums thread to the other forums thread and visa versa.

It works really well, a couple of us did it on two forums (not LD ones) that delt with the same subject. It really ended up enlivening the two forums and many members from one forum join the other and visa versa.

Hi Pantalimon, no i never heared of a Thread Bridge, for polls about lds that could be quite interesting.
Interesting idea! :wink:

I like the fact that there are several other dream forums and if i had all the time of the world i would post every where lol and become a member at all dream forums.

I dont think it would be good to make one huge mega forum that absorbs all others because then your freedom of choice is gone and also the diversity of what makes them all unique would be gone. Every forum has its own unique flavor and i like that, gives freedom of choice and diversity to choose from and thats a good thing for any dream lover.

Hi Adidas, welcome at ld4all and nice to c a mod from DV here :smile:

Polls would be good as you get a massive boost to the numbers taking part so in theory it would be more accurate. Polls would have to run for a set time though so you could add up both forums results and display them.

Good LD topics might be “How can LDing be made more popular?” or other topics that might require larger numbers than is currently available to one single forum.

I always am astounded about how most people know little to nothing about the subject. Take a look at a very popular film forum etc and compare numbers of members to the most popular LD forums. This is a minority intrest… at the moment.

Quotes from dreamviews: (emphasis from original posters)

This is not meant to be fully representative or anything. I just found these when I was browsing around a bit.

Nah, there are enough n00bs out there [ld4all] to keep 100 LD sites busy!
Altough us Lucid dreamers do have lucid dreaming in common among other things. I think such an influx of different people and personalities would be detrimental. This forum although growing very rapidly has a core that has a unique abiltity to work together to help each other and the newbies that arrive.

The 9-year-old was sometimes dealt with quite patiently.

Are they really obsessed with post count?

Yes, of course shared dreaming happens. (They just act a bit too cocky and sure in my opinion) Same person: I said it happened to me; why don’t you believe me?
No, of course shared dreaming doesn’t happen.

The main admin doesn’t like post counts. (The cute thing is that Kaniaz got some halving wrong, although I did too quite recently)

Om my God, a 13-year-old has a post count of 2046? With 9 posts a day?

Yes there were some people who were patient with the 9 year old and those people do deserve some credit for that. They are not all bad.

I think that statement speaks for it’s self :wink:

All I can tell you is that I read plenty of posts where people were very annoyed with people who post too much and with post counts in general. Also, many people on dreamviews have like zero tolerance with new people. :confused:

What I do not understand is why they became so hostile toward ld4all. Seems like it happened out of the blue from what I could tell. I could not find anything that anyone from ld4all did or said too or about dreamviews to instigate such strong feelings. DA is right they do call us names and do try to make fun of us. Why ??? All that has done is turn people off to there site. Who knows I might have joined dreamviews that day but, the hole atmosphere there turned me off. Just as well anyway. I most likely would not have been too active on that site. ld4all is home as far as I am concerned.

wow. lots of harboured negative feelings towards my site huh? to be honest i was always rather envious of ld4all’s forum because you seemed so friendly; i find myself at somewhat of a loss in regards to the slight deviation from that friendliness all of a sudden. having said that, however, i suppose i can certainly understand holding one’s home in a higher light and occasionally having to denounce what lies on the outside to accomplish that…i can’t truthfully say i’m innocent of that.

my forum is only a year old and we probably have some “maturing” that we still need to do; i’m very proud of how it’s come along though, and very excited about the new Dream Guide program which was designed to personally welcome each and every new user to the forum, and to provide general assistance while they use the forum. i’m sure i’ve made some mistakes (esp. in regards to having unclear guidelines) but i’m hoping the dream guide program will alter the apparent negative front that we’ve unintentionally presented. we’ve received some great feedback about it so far, which is certainly encouraging.

regardless of your opinions of my site, i always try to take people’s comments into consideration so i thank you for sharing them.

hey pantalimon. i’m hoping it’s alright that we’re sending that much traffic your way? when i was writing the main site i wanted to mention some of the other topics relating to dreaming, and i enjoyed your site so i added a link to it. let me know if you want it changed, etc. i’ve been meaning to rewrite some of the main site again (because the wording is rather off or somewhat deceiving/ambiguous here and there) but i’d like to leave that link if it’s alright; i won’t get to that for a couple more weeks though because i have to finish writing the new chat program.

It’s good to see you visiting ld4all icedawg. Hopefully you will pop back from time to time. :wiske:

see! that’s what i love about you guys. :smile:

'k bye

I would like to direct your attention to the top right hand of the screen. You will see a link there to sealife which is a different site. One of our most popular members has a link to dreamviews in her signature. In fact we have many links to dreamviews and other sites in various posts on ld4all. We are welcoming of other lucid dreaming sits. So, (and I apologize in advance putting this so bluntly) you argument that we “holding one’s home in a higher light and occasionally having to denounce what lies on the outside to accomplish that” is completely absurd.

I can not say if this is true of you personally or not since I don’t know you at all. What I can tell you is :
=> many links on dreamviews to ld4all have mysteriously vanished or stopped working.
=> In several threads on dreamviews newer members have asked why there is not a link to ld4all on you links page. As near as I can tell they have yet to receive an answer. Furthermore, dreamviews has yet to place a link to ld4all on it’s links page.
=> Some of your members and mods have been openly hostile toward ld4all.

I can tell you why there is some hostility on ld4all directed at dreamviews but, I can not say the same for the reverse. Any hostility from us are the result of attacks by people and mods from your site, deletion of links and posts by your mods etc. What I can not find as I sift through old posts and links is what did anyone from ld4all do to dreamviews. From what I can tell we did nothing to provoke such hostility.

Anyway, I truly hope that things will change for the better in the near future. I would much rather spend my time discussing lucid dreaming or engaging in philosophical debates than dealing with nonsense. You have a good site with some good people and I for one would rather see the two sites emerge from this as partners rather than adversaries .

Good luck you you and I hope to heare more from you.