Inducing dreams or dream characters ?

I know inducing dreams is possible because it’s something like Pedro’s VILD.
By inducing dream characters, I mean plan, while awake, to meet a character in a dream ( lucid dream or normal dream ). I would prefer in a DILD, cause I can’t WILD so far.
Did someone here succeed in inducing a DC in a DILD ? If so, how do you proceed ?
I feel like induction will be more effective if the DC is related with something strong ( a particular action or situation, a strange clothing, a landscape ). What do you think about ?

I have tried to induce persons into dream, but I haven’t succeeded yet. I seem to able to induce dreams by mistake though. I still trying to figure out how I’m doing it. But so far it seems to happen when I wake up and try to remember a dream and suddenly I dream something similar as to what I was thinking about while falling asleep.

And this way I have also had quite a few dreams about writing down a dream and then waking up IRL and realising that it was only a dream :cry: The best way to describe how this feels when it happens this is that my mind sort of drag my thought along on a long rope and then I fall asleep and after a while the rope is dragged back in and the though turns into a dream :eh:

If this seems confusing, it is even for me :help:

Do you mean bringing the DC into the dream or having the dream start out with the DC already there? I haven’t done the latter yet, but I’m planning to try it some time in the future. I’ve brought DC’s into dreams a number of times, though, using a variety of methods. One way is to find a door that’s already ajar, and imagine it opening, then imagine that the DC is the one pushing it open. I’ve also had DC’s pop out from behind objects as though they’re trying to surprise me. Or you can have them do it gradually, first imagine seeing the top of their head peeking out over the object, then gradually they stand up.

Alternatively, you can turn around and expect to see them. An easier way is to look for that person in a crowd of people (if other people are around).

I suppose that what you mean is :

1. bringing the DC into the dream : you’re already in a LD and you want a DC to appear.
  2. having the dream start out with the DC already there : you are WILDing and when you enter lucidly in the dream, you meet the DC you wanted to be here.
    :sad: … if my understanding is OK, it’s neither one nor the other. Sorry, I don’t speak very well English and I’ll try to be more clear. :shy:

Here is what I mean :
I’m full awake. Say that I want to have a dream with… hmmm… Christina Ricci in it ! :tongue: Doesn’t matter if this dream is lucid or not, I just want to have this dream ( and remember it when I wake up, of course ! ) :content:

This is what I called “inducing a dream character” in a dream. Perhaps am I wrong with the terms ? And I would like to know if somebody here can do it and the tricks he uses.