masturbation and LD's

Why does that bother you? Most girls dont really care. ;D I think this is just a self esteem type post to but some validation to masturbation OR someone who does it too much is thinking of stopping to help his LDing skills. :razz: If im wrong, hit me :peek:

hits ExDee
this forum is for reasons of discussing and educating. not a boost of self esteem. TACO!!! - :om:

Maybe self esteem was the wrong word :razz: anyway, I was only half kidding. :happy:!

Taking ginseng and not masturbating for two weeks?damn thats the challenge im not going to take.If i had so much strong will id stop all my other addictions in no time:)

masturbation doesn’t effect my dream recall or LDs at all. It does however help me relax to attempt WILD.

It releases a chemical ( I think it’s a something-tonin) that helps give you a satisfied feeling and aids in relaxing and falling asleep.

interesting…ill have to research on that one.

Weeeeeee…

Time to get out my picture of Punky Brewster.

I actually think that it dosent make much of a difference… i think that it might slightly alter the path that the dream will take you on that night in dreaming. And maybe you might loose focus in your lucidity when you become lucid. The best way the focus is before sleeping lieing in bed and using rythmic breathing. I dont really think that masturbation would particulally improve focus and consciousness within the dream state

Serotonin. :content:
And I’ve also heard a rumor that the body releases DMT when you get an orgasm… Dunno if it’s true or not ,Z

hey dude, if that worked EVERYBODY would be an expert LDer by now.

Interesting topic.
An answer comes from Casteneda’s books: his master (Don Juan) tells him to stop his sexual activity to save energy. This extra energy can be used for his Dreaming.

it doesnt do it for you, it helps

I came up with a lucid dream inducing technique in chat ages ago and it got laughed out!

I call it a Sild

or you could call it mild or wild if those werent already taken. Its basically the same method as i think you call it a tild.(I havent been here for along time)

You make yourself horny as hell instead of thirsty. You then tease yourself by the beginnings of masterbation which do relax you but make you need sex bad. Its just the same princaple as needing a drink of water and imagining yourself grabbing a glass of water. Instead you need a women or whatever. If anything this gaves nice sex dreams.

“gaves”? Gave you? Gave people? Gives you? Gives people?

lol r3m0t your goin crazy

Going crazy? Or gone crazy?

I just didn’t understand the previous post.

r3m0t: I think he just was saying,

“If anything, this gives nice sex dreams.”

It’s easy enough to replace the “i” with an “a” by accident.

. . .Or, maybe he just wanted to piss you off. Who knows? :grin:

I jerk off everyday! :tongue: I don’t think it has anything to do with LD’s though, it just relaxes me as they said…maybe easier to fall asleep or something…

Sexual fantasies is what lead me to lucid dreams. I would wake up in the morning and concentrate really hard, on the"episode" that I wanted to take place, visualization skills increased.
All day, I would only think of sex. If my mind wondered to anything else, I would right away direct it back to the vivid sexual thoughts.
Then at night before I slept, I would go over in my mind exactly what kind of sexual stuf I wanted to do. I would not masterbate, but be so horny. I knew I wanted to dream of it. So my mind and body had built up alot of sexual energy.

I would get my lucid dreams and have my ways…

That was what lucid dreaming was for, in my mind, at the time.
Then, when I was 13, I discovered that lucid dreaming could be for other thingsm like spiritualy developing your self.
#Six