Drugs influencing your ability to have a lucid dream?

lol…well…i guess always two sides to something?. Comfortably Numb, maybe you should listen to it again, I think you may be hearing it wrong.

whoa, i wasn’t talking about anything as hardcore as skag, though I would be interested if anybody has any reports on the effects of skag on lucid dreaming?

It is interesting how people can have opposite reactions to the same medications.

I might try some softcore drugs like the non illegal ones and the non addicted ones but i would never even dream of going anymore then that.

a friend of mine that occasionally uses subitex (spelling?) says that whenever he closes his eyes and relaxes he enters a lucid dream

christo

Do you think it would be possible for you to get the right spelling of that drug. I think you might be talking about Stillnox ( AKA Ambien in the US) it’s a sleeping pill. I am just curious because I have never had a lucid dream on ambien and I would like to see if that is true of others as well.

I have only tried/use marijuana. I love it so much. it needs to be made legal soon here in the U.S.

But I would also like to try the following:

LSD (acid)
Psilocybe cubensis (mushrooms)
Salvia
Peyote.

I am only into psychedelics. all that other stuff is just addictive and dangerous. BUT i know that LSD is definitley addictive for some people. i jsut want to try it once.

Don’t hold your breath. I don’t use it and probably would not even if it were legal, but I agree it should be.

people can say what they will, but i have faith that in time it will be made legal. probably in the next 20 years

You never know. That is the great thing about living in the US. Laws can be changed. Unfortunately, it takes a lot to change them. Any politician who would propose such a bill now will get labeled as “soft on crime”. However, there is a lot of progress being made in that area. Lots of states are revisiting there tough drug laws.

I just meant don’t expect it to happen tomorrow. In 20 years. I could see that happening.

Nic, Im on exactly the page your on. Psychedelics is the only choice for drugs which would be used regularily. I have the exact same list as you do, with LSD right at the top, and Psilocybe Cubensis already ticked off. Good fun :grin:.

LSD isnt addictive though. Dont know where you heard that. It has no addictive potential whatsoever, and, in fact, immediately after most people take it their desire for it goes down for a while (and by desire i mean that they dont feel they need it; they may want to do it again, but they dont need it; you get what im sayin?).

And concerning the legalization of Marijuana in the US, its not gonna happen, at least not in our lifetime. The Americans would never let that happen, because it would be a great blow to their ‘War On Drugs’. It would undermine their efforts completely.
In Canada however, especially Vancouver BC, where I live, MJ is pretty much already legal, which I am very grateful for (literally its not, but it might as well be). You can walk down most any street in Vancouver smoking up and no one looks twice.

I could see it happening in the next 20 years. As some of our old time representatives retire and are replaced by younger, more progressive people.

However, I think the real culprit is the pharmaceutical companies. :sly:

After all why would anyone buy Prozac if they can get weed :smile:

Yay, I’ve been reading for ages but this is the first topic that made me want to register :grin: I mean that in a good way, honest.

RE: DXM, you have to take A LOT and not all at once, say 250mg every hour for a few hours to reach the ‘4th plateau’ which is where things start to get really dissasociative, i.e. when OBE and on topic things are likely to happen. Not my drug of choice, and certainly not at those amounts. If your going to use it start very low [100mg], some people are extremely reactive to it, and only use 99%+ powders. NEVER EYE-BALL A DOSE OF ANYTHING. Get a cheap scale you dumbo.

The only other ‘drug’ i’ve used thats had any effect on my dreams was mescaline. I didn’t take enough to have a massive effect, just mildly relaxing and very big eyed. But when I tried to goto sleep it was crazy, I was trying to WILD and I found myself going through the stages very quickly. After just a few minutes [I checked my clock] I already had a completely numb body and very active hypnagogic images, a lot more pronounced and vivid than I’d seen before. Unfortunately my brain was too stimulated and I wasn’t able to fall asleep until I’d fully come down some hours later.

Now that I think about it, my LD’s started about the time I got my first set of nitrous whippets, and since I’ve run out I’ve not had any more, LDs that is. Probably just a coincidence. I’ve got lots of salvia but no sitter and I’m not a smoker so I physically can’t smoke enough in the time frame required. Maybe one day, sounds a lot of fun though.

Anyway, this was my first post, thanks for all the advice over the months I’ve been reading. I’ll go back into hiding now :good:

---- The original spelling is correct (in france). Subitex is a drug used to help Herione addicts, it’s a form of buprenorphine. Although i believe the English spelling is Subutex.

Ok it is a compleatly different drug all together. Thanks DM.

whenever i smoke marijuana, i can’t remember my dreams that night. it really does affect my short term memory. also, i think shrooms make dreams better, somehow, someway. they make more sense i guess…the dream realm, at least.

Thanks!

Why do you want to legalise it? If it becomes legal, it will become taxable, and much more expensive. What’s wrong with obtaining it illegally as we all do at the moment?

milod789

it’s not stillnox, don’t think that would help in anyway… but you can mix it with two beers and become so drunk that you have no idea what you did last night :wink:

i’m going to visit a doctor soon because I have some severe sleeping problems, I’ve slept like 12 hours this week so I’ll probably get stillnox… I can post a thread if it helps me in some way

what’s your experiences of the pill?

subutex is not something to play around with! the guy i was talking about is clean now but he was close to become a real drug addict

Persoanly, I don’t think drugs work. I think only your mind can control your lucid dreaming. This is why I say bad influences are bad for you.

christo

stillnox ( or ambien in the US ) is a drug I used to take for insomnia. I still take it once in a blue moon when I just can’t sleep even after I have tried meditation or self hypnosis. It works good to help you sleep but, you have to follow the directions carefully. Don’t take it until you are ready to go to sleep. The reason I say this is that it works very fast like 10-15 min for me.

The good: you nod off to sleep gently. You don’t feel like you got hit by a truck like you do with other meds. For me there was no morning hangover either so, I had no trouble getting up in the morning and going to work.

The bad: I never had a lucid dream on it.

The ugly: If you take too much of it you can have some memory loss. Also, can cause you to do some strange things then don’t remember.

Good luck