my god, does this work?

kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720

cp ps from artical

you could get 3 hour long LDs???

sounds fun to try!
I’m going to read more on this, thanks! :smile:

A lack of NON-REM sleep will result in death. Sorry. I don’t think it works, but it’s worth a try.

If it’s possible, it’d be very unhealthy for you. Not to mention the fact that your Subconcious would start stopping you from becoming lucid (whilst lucid, you’re in a state of REM, and if you have little NREM, your subconcious would start making you lose lucitiy, giving you FA’s and making you wake up more often).

In short, if this does work, it’ll be unhealthy and give you shorter LD’s.

No, this could not give you 3 hour long LDs. The idea is taking sleep in 30 minute pieces.

If you click the link and read, you will find a long thread of people that have tried this. Each has their own variation, and some sleep 3 hours.

lol… this reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld where Cramer starts reading this book on Leonardo davinci (some artist. i dont remeber his name) and he sleeps 20 minutes every 3 hours. lol its a really funny episode.

Haha. You dont’t know who Leonardo from Vinci is? He was many things besides an artist. And yes, he did use the Ubermans Sleep Schedule, or something near it.
I was going to try it, but my schedule conflicted with it too much, and I dont really want to go through the first week of crappy tiredness. Theres another topic on this by the way, can’t find the link tho…oh well.

I don’t understand the logic in this story. The body takes the sleep stage needed. You can not force REM or something like that… For example the delta sleep stage is a very important one, without it you die. If the body needs delta it will take delta. If you wake yourself too soon the body can’t complete the cycle, and that’s too bad…
If you sleep like this why would you fall in REM at once, it’s not logical. I think the sleeper will fall into delta sleep and that very little REM sleep will kick in. The dreams are NON-REM dreams.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to try this……

:eek:

i think this is entirely a bad idea…if you want to dream more…just go to bed earlier or sleep in. do not skip the beginning stages of sleep…your probably going to end up being exhausted and tired after waking up, and…as everybody else mentioned…without some things…you could die. sleep is good…ENJOY IT! lol. if your wanting to lucid dream longer or something…SPIN.

how long does delta wave sleep last anyways? as far as i can tell, the uberman method gives about 5 minutes of normal sleep first, and then the rest with rem sleep. if those 5 minutes are enough, then there wouldn’t be a problem, right?

sounds like a interesting idea for me to try. too bad i only saw it AFTER the summer holidays. two whole months i had to get in to that cycle, but nooooo. i had to see it AFTER school started…

nah i knew he was more than an artist. I just couldn’t remeber if he was reading a book about Davinci or if it were another artist.

sorry to post replying to the off-topic part of this convo… but isn’t seinfeld great!!! :cool_laugh:

anyways, back on track… that idea of sleeping doesn’t make much sense to me. what would you do in the extra time, the only time you’d have extra really is in the middle of the night… so you’d sacrifice normal time of your day to nap so you could have more overall time. just, if that time is mostly being nocturnal what’s so great about it?

plus, i know it would be hard to get anybody else to do this with you… so you’d be awake while all your friends just sleep during their normal schedules.

Well there are a number of people who use sleep deprivation as a method to enhance their ability to lucid dream by taking advantage of rem rebound. I think the jury is still out on how helpful this is though.

Keep in mind that sleep deprivation( if it works )does not necessarily grantee you lucid dreams just more rem sleep.

Will this method work? It might. I just think it is unnecessary to put your body (not to mention your mind) through the horrors of sleep deprivation (not fun despite what you might hear to the contrary). Also, I do not see how a person would be able to function in their day to day life using this method. Most people have to go to school or work during the day. I doubt your teacher or boss will allow you to take a time out to take a nap. Ok, they have nap time in kindergarten.

Anyway, while this method might be effective or at least helpful it seems a little extreme in my opinion.

I look forward to hearing peoples results. We will never know if it will work until someone tries it. Someone else that is. I think I’ll pass on this one.