Share your frightening LD experiences

I had a horrible LD last night :sad: I’d been quite upset during the day in RL which maybe influenced it ??? The dream happened during the first two hours of sleep and was very long.

At first I was ejoying being lucid but then I must have had an FA. I was looking through a book of pictures and paniced when I started to recognise some from my LD. Because I knew they shouldn’t exist in RL, They’d been created in my imagination. My heart started racing. Soon, all sorts of things that had happened in my dream were now happening for real. I was so convinced I was awake.

After a while I actually wondered if I was still dreaming and tried a few times to shake myself awake. This has always worked for me in the past so when it didn’t I really began to feel trapped and even started crying :help: My parents were there acting like everything was fine. They didn’t undersatand what was wrong with me. I’ve never had such a confusing dream. In the end I shook myself awake, but into SP first before properly waking up.

I feel a bit nervous about LD’s now :eh: Ofcourse, if my lucidity had been higher I would have understood much better what was going on and been able to control it.

It wasn’t really your LD that was frightening, the normal dream you had AFTER your LD was the scary one. You should not be nervous about LD’s just because you had a bad dream. You will have bad dreams sometimes anyway.

I have had one LD that was frightening to me, so I guess I’ll share.
When I became lucid, I was in a large room with lots of people. I started to look around, and noticed 3 men heading for me. Normally I wouldn’t even care, but somehow they felt…different, not like the usual DC’s in my dreams.
I decided to get away from them, which should be easy as I have escaped from people in my LD’s several times before (never ones that felt different like these though). So I just ran through the nearest wall, and continued to run through several rooms and walls before I ended up in something that looked like some kind of temple (I wanted to end up in a place like this as I ran through the walls, so it was expected). I thought I was alone, and walked up a few steps to something that looked like an altar. Suddenly the men appeared from the wall I got out of just a moment ago, and they walked calmly towards me. I didn’t really care about them, I just waved my hand between me and them and created an almost invissible wall between us that I knew they couln’t break through.
So now I felt completly safe, but only for a few seconds. My magical barrier didn’t even slow them down, and I got the strange feeling again that they weren’t just a product of my mind. One of them grabbed me and said something about using my dreams “wrong”. Then he threw me in the wall on the other side, and while I was on the ground, they all headed towards me again. At this point I was scared, and decided that I wanted to wake up. So I closed my eyes and woke up.

So I wasted a perfectly good LD because I got scared. I believe that they were indeed just normal DCs, but in the dream they just made me feel scared. I never had any other scary LD experience though, it’s kinda hard to get scared when I know that I am safe. I try to use my normal scary dreams (don’t have as many now a days, used to have a bunch of them when I was a kid and suffered from night terrors) to get LDs. Whenever I get scared (I rarely get scared IRL) I just do some RCs.

Thanks for sharing :smile:

There seemed to be some lucidity during the bad dream unless I was dreaming of being lucid. :confused:

I’m wondering what caused the sleep paralysis. Is it more likely to happen if you’ve slept very lightly or been restless?

I had sex with the woman from Will and Grace :sad: It was very very frightening !!!

I had a nightmare, became lucid and grabbed control of it. I can’t remember any details. I was freaked and woke myself up.

I once was preparing for sex with a gorgeous woman when suddenly she changed into a screaming cat. I was pretty… shocked. Luckily we weren’t doing it yet…