vivid dreams & meditation

i’ve been keeping a DJ lately, and I realised the last time I was into LD-ing, my dreams were much more vivid, seemed much more real and I was getting to a low-lucidity in dreams. (hey, something is strange,… oh must be that)

but the dreams i’m having now aren’t that vivid anymore, they are unclear, my vision is a bit blurry always, and i’m nowhere near a vivid dream in which i notice strange things and i’m beginning to get a little conscious

i started thinking what i did different a year ago, and i came upon that i don’t meditatie anymore, at least nog on a daily base.

Have you had similar experiences? Does mediation really boost the vividness and awareness in your dreams? (I suppose it does because mediation boosts your awereness in general)

I think so. Most people tend to sleep better when Meditation is present in their lives and getting more or higher quality sleep will increase the chances of having vivid, clear dreams.
Meditation also like you said increases the awareness in general. If your concentration on one thing is sharper then you will have an easier time focussing in on the details necessary to have a clear and precise memory of what happened in your dream and during the dreaming process.
PD

I am always an advocate of meditation. I believe it can help clear your mind and help you focus your intention to remember your dreams and of course to have lucid dreams. Also, meditation helps with sleep in general and also reduces stress. I believe that stress and poor sleep can have a huge negative impact on dream recall and lucid dreaming.

but likewise stress can be a catalyst for SP and extremely vivid (though horrible) dreams, (usually nightmares)

when i went through a hectic time about .9 years ago I just… had constant sp with evil presences, so… I mean, this got me lucid a lot, but not in a good way.