I'm experiencing hallucinations

For not so long ago some one on this forum told about that he could make things appear by thinking of them… And the did not disappear in till he want them to, he saw the things clear as the reality… And I guess some people could might not control it… I think that I u train your self to see thing like in the VILD tec or just dream a lot LD’s and are good at create thing etc U could probably be enable to learn haw to do this things.

I seriously doubt it had anything to do with lucid dreaming. People have been studying and doing lucid dreaming for a many years and so far noone has seen a correlation between any type of mental illness and lucid dreaming.

If you never had a situation like this before I would not worry about it. It could be you were just under and unusually high level of stress and experienced some sort of dissassociative episode. Even things like a sudden drop in sugar levels can cause this type of confusion. If it happens again then you might want to contact a doctor.

then… its the drugs, man, its the drugs

i think what it is is when you lucid dream you pay attention to like… weird abstract things, you disconnect from reality a hell of a lot…

so you might be occasionally prone to the “paranormal” or a hallucination or two.

i know… lucid dreaming + introverted me = much dissociation from reality at times.

and I think Pedro was the one that could manfiest visualizations, I bet I could figure out how, It’s HARD to do that in dreams but I bet it’s easy to perfect in the dream world, and would help my visualization skills.

sorry…but this is a stupid subject.

If you are loosing your mind just let it go. What we think of as reality is really only a very small fraction of what there is to the world. “Our” minds are only holding us back and they are not even ours most of the time.

Just sounds like you spaced off. Quite a few times I won’t even here people when I space off.

Yetserday I was at the house of a frien of mine. We wanted to watch some videos and other friend were there, too. I was a bit surprised to see A.
After some minutes I wondered were A. has gone, because I couldn’t see her anymore. So I asked my friends, and the told me, that she had never been there :gni:
Things lieke that happen to me relativly often. Sometimes I see litte things like a pensil and, but when I want to touch it it’s gone!

did you feel the heat from the glass as you leant on it?
if you did…spooky!!
if you didn’t…accept it as a hallucination and start questioning reality a bit more. do more reality checks.

read “the holographic universe” by michael talbot if you want to expand your mind a bit more and explore the possibilities that there may be more to reality than meets the eye.

lack of sleep can cause hallucinations too… so maybe your not getting enough.

very true.

it also makes WILDing easier… though… you have to be careful of the things you think about while WILDing.

it’s pretty weird to manifest a hallucination into reality, then you wonder “is this thing I just brought back with me REAL, just on another plane?”

because it’s rare that I bring friendly things “back” with me.

(if you wake up while in a hypnagogic state you’ll usually have hallucinations still going on, this is what i’m talking about, and it’s easy to get hypnagogic when really tired)

I lost my internet literally the day after I posted this topic… which really really sucked. But let me tell you what happened to me that may have caused this hallucination.

I had 1, just started school. It could be stress, but I dunno. I have the same exact schedule I had as a Freshman only instead of Begining Weight Training I have advanced, instead of Chemistry 1 I have Chemistry AP, and instead of Medical Skills I have Health Science 1 & 2.

The only difference is the cirriculum, the teachers are all the same. It’s very very weird to say the least but I don’t know about stress. That night the chemistry teacher dumped a shit load of homework on me and I completed it at 11:30PM. I did lack sleep, I only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before and I got to bed that night at 12:00AM… I had to awake at 6:00AM. I’m a senior now btw.

When I touched the glass it was warm, but that’s only because there was a heat lamp under it. And also, because there actually was glass there, but it was only about 6 inches long, but when I first looked I know there was glass there because I saw my reflection when I got down to inspect the chickens.

That night I woke up at 4:00AM and I was extremely tired… I was so tired. But for some reason I decided to WILD.

I ended up having my most, intense, vivid, and controlling dream I’ve ever had. I went to school in the best mood of my life and actually I’m still happy from the dream… which is odd considering it happened a while ago.

I do not do drugs by the way. The last time I took a drug was a few weeks ago when I took an opiate.

“I do not do drugs by the way. The last time I took a drug was a few weeks ago when I took an opiate.”

umm sounds like you take drugs to me.

I mean if you said “a few months ago” sure… but a few weeks ago?

What kind of opiate? (not that they make you hallucinate though… not from what i’ve heard)

It could very well be withdrawal symptoms from the drug you took. ( I remember that topic now )

Also, your lack of sleep could be a huge contributing factor. You also said that you had a long LD afterward which may be an indication of rem rebound and further proof you were suffering from sleep deprivation.

If it happens again you should see a doctor.

I agree with Milod789 says, it can be the consequence of a lack of sleep, and perhaps side effects of the opiate.
But hallucinations happen to everybody and it is not a terrible hallucination to believe there was a glass where it wasn’t. So don’t worry and don’t go to the doctor before you see a pink elefant in your chamber each night. :wink:

The drug was methadone and I have since quit

Hell I wasn’t even taking it as a habit, it was only a once a month thing.

I am prescribed to Paxill but I have a legitamate reason to be on this. Maybe I’ll ask the shrink about it when I see him in September.

And the dream was the best dream ever. It was a WILD and what I remember about the dream is that it only took me about 5 minutes from when I went to bed to when the dream kicked in. I did the dream at 4:00AM that night.

Haha! Hallucinating is usually isn’t good.

It does not matter why you were taking it your body still builds a physical addiction to the drug. Yes even just once a month. Very dangerous drug.

However, With all that said I still think it was most likely sleep deprivation.

I have not heard any reports of Paxal causing people to hallucinate but, it is possible. If you have been taking the drug for a long time(like a year) with no problems then it is most likely not the cause. However if you just started taking it or recently had an increase in dosage you should mention this to your doctor.

you should also consider quititng paxil, recent studies have emerged saying it is largely ineffective in reducing anxiety, I believe.

Something I didn’t need a study to suspect…

if I ever get anxiety real real bad that I needed medication I’d probably try to reason with my doctor to just tell my parents to let me smoke ( not tobacco ) … a drug is a drug yeah but those anti-depressants are addictive, you deveop dependency, and worst off, you can’t STOP.

you can’t say I’m anxious today i’ll take one and then not take one the next day even if you feel fine.

you could do that as an occasional stress/anxiety relieiver to school with… other… not licit, drugs… that’s my line of thinking right now.

Paxil really is not supposed to be used for anxiety disorder. It is an anti-depressant. I know the commercials claim that it can also be used to treat social anxiety though I am not sure those claims are justified. But, that is just my opinion. If it helps a person than that is good. If it is not helping and your doctor wont discuss this openly with you I suggest finding another doctor.

Garic, personally I think you are to yong to take any of these medications but, again that is just my opinion. You decide what is right for you.

Yea I’m sure that will go over well.

I’ll throw out a theory here and I know I am being completely unreasonable but. If you experience anxiety once in a while how about learning to cope and deal with the anxiety rather than take a drug. (Just a thought)

BTW- holy reality I hear that Alaska is trying to pass a law legalizing marijuana.