Gay marriage.

Technodreamer, thanks for the list I was curious about that.
It seems the UK and USA are at about the same progression. I wouldn’t be so quick to laugh at another countries progression when your own country has similar problems with the same issue. I don’t see anything funny.

Key word=“beginning”
The world hasn’t fully accepted the gay lifestyle, and it is “beginning” to be accepted many places. Did you even read my post?? Almost 1/3 of American newspapers now have sections dedicated to gay unions. Isn’t that a beginning?
Gay-ness is like a whole pop-culture in the US, and it’s seen everywhere. We have Gay TV shows, Gay radio stations, Gay TV channels, and don’t even try to discriminate in the work place or residential housing towards Gays … because they will have so many attorneys and activist threatening your wallet and reputation that it will make you crazy.

yeah, it really is true, not just liberal propoganda, that the US is the most “backwards” civilized country, and by civilized I mean like, they pretend to care about rights and freedoms and have good technologies and stuff, but they don’t really do very well at it.

sad that we were once one of the few “free” countries at the time… wtf?

Yay for Canada and the Netherlands, I love those countries more each day.

But being gay doesnt even make sense in the first place.

Ok think about this, Penis and a Penis, nope that doesn’t work, umm lets try another one, vagina and a vagina, nope that doesn’t work either. OK i know Penis and the butthole (geez thats nasty).

You can totallt tell by the way that our bodies are designed that a man was made for a woman, and a woman for a man, it just doesnt work any other way. I mean yeah sure you can use fingers or whatever, but you can’t reproduce human life with a man and a woman.

And the gays know this, so they say “ok what can we say that can make it seem normal, oh I know we were born this way, its in our genes!” I mean what the heck, DNA that makes you lust for the same sex (again thats just nasty).

Also studies have shown that almost all gay people grew up in broken homes, where there was no father or mother figure in there life, or they are getting payed to do it on film.

You say that its not fair that gay people can not get heath care or or anything like that, well let me ask you this, do you think that it would be ok for to roomates at school to have the same medical plan and stuff, just because they are living together and maybe like each other a little bit? That just doesnt make sense.

And I particullarly like Arnold Schwar…ar’s Statement “Girly Men”

Yeah I think I like that hes Governer now…

DeMoN, you are missing the whole point. It’s not about your personal opinon of who/what gays are.

The point is that millions of gay people live on this planet, and gay people have always and will always exist. Why shouldn’t they have the same rights as others?

Demon studies do NOT show that…

I recently took developmental psychology and all that matters is that, one parent, two, gay, bi, lesbian, grandma, whatever, what matters is the love and nurturance they put into it.

For gay people one guy is often the “mother” and one the “father” and vice versa for lesbians. While I’ll give you it may make you more open minded to homosexuality, alot of homosexual couples encourage their children to be straight, especially in such a hostile world toward them.

Let me ask you this… DID YOU CHOOSE TO BE STRAIGHT?

If choosing to be gay is a choice, how about you choose to be gay for one day, and try to make out with a man, and see if it’s attractive toward you.

I can tell you right now I"ve had as much “gay” thoughts as the next guy (not a ton but, a few) but I’d be hard pressed to ever “choose” to be gay, there’s a mechanism in me that says NO … even though women are such b!tches sometimes…

I’d like you to find one straight man that ever just spontaneously decided he wanted to be gay for the hell of it. BISEXUAL maybe. Not gay.

(choosing to be bisexual may turn you gay though)

and if you think homosexuality is not natural you need only to look at the animal kingdom, monkeys, dolphins, they have homosexual orgies for fun. Ducks… well, I read an article about a necrophillic homosexual duck.

So these things happen, and they are genetic, or at least, the result of something “different” going on in your head.

Some people may be on the fence and choose it, I doubt everyone does.

and FYI the prostate gland (located up your rear end) is a male G spot.

:lmao: It took me so long to figure out why you put that there!! :lmao:
And yes, it’s two inches up. Amen.

As for gay people, we don’t have a right to deny them a marriage or any of the privleges bestowed on married people. Marriage is a worldwide symbol of the love between two people. Ever loved someone (in a heterosexual manner)? The feeling is undeniable. You just can’t take something like that away because it’s different than what you’re used to. Would you object to marriage between a black and white person? You wouldn’t now, but a while ago you know it wouldn’t have been allowed. Today we look back and see what a silly little thing we were fighting over: race. I propose that we skip the lynchings and just give them their rights! This country was built on freedom dammnit, and we’ll conquer every single discriminatory practice one by one!

I’m really bad at this by the way, probably several gaping holes i’ve missed. Just a disclaimer so no one flames me…

Starting with discrimination against gays, then against minors. We’ll have our underage sex…

But that G spot is just there so that it doesn’t hurt when you poop.

I Like pooping cuz it feels good.

and sorry if I offended anybody, I’m in kind of a bad mood right now, so I’ll just leave the topic before I end up hurting somebody. :cool_laugh:

Yes, be careful. I am bi, BTW.

And yeah! I chose to be bi. Because I knew how much trouble I would get, and it appealed to me. Oh, and I knew that it would make things harder, like having to tell my parents etc. It’s just so fun!

You can tell how ironic I was being.

Not all straight couples are able to reproduce life. Does that make them “lesser” in society? No. Do old women, past their reproduction capabilities, become “lesser”? No.

You do relize that some straight couples have anal sex? Because they do.

I wont condem anyone for their activities. (Unless it was rape, forced incest, child sex or animal rape)

Oh really? Prehaps God added something else in.

Funny how a country that call themself the land of free, can deny such basic rights to certain people…

I wish everyone here would just get over gay marriage. I’m thankfull that even after being pushed and pushed by Bush and the Republican party, that it has taken a backseat as they realized that Kerry had passed them in the polls.

The focus has shifted for now, but its not for long. There are two things about America, the first is that often the Christians think they have to be on a mission to pass laws and squeeze in their beliefs while telling other people they are wrong.

But there is another side that is quite odd. And that is how much certain religions can get away with in America. You would think at a time like this, with the scared whites that live here, that Muslims would have it pretty tough, but it is quite the opposite. Just to avoid any kind of applied ‘racism’ the Muslims are able to do a lot of stuff that christians and jews can’t do. One is public prayer when it comes to not giving people a choice to attend. There are neighborhoods in the United States that broadcast Muslim prayers on PA’s in the morning and afternoon. Christianity would never get away with that.

I think people here in America just need to let go of their idea that they have to fulfill God’s wishes just because the Bible said nothing about gay people. Its just sad.

This topic has generated great confusion in me.

I just don’t see the big deal about Gay Marriage? I mean seriously, what’s the big deal?

If two guys want to get together then let them get together. If it doesn’t effect me then I don’t give a sh*t, that’s how I look at it.

Now, if one of these homosexuals hits on me though I will go Jeffory Dahmer on them and eat there asses and have sex wit there corpse.

Meh, I guess I’m too young to understand. But I have registered to vote and I’m voting for Kerry.

Hopefully the Democrats will win Florida this time around.

Amen…and I have no religion :tongue:

DeMoN

Well I am not sure what that has to do with gay marriage. Why do you care? If two people of the same sex decide to get married how does that negatively effect you or your liberties in any way?

Lots of couples get married with no intention of ever having children.

Yea gay people chose to be gay! They choose to subject themselves to violence, ridicule, and being ostracized in many communities. Does that really make sense to you? If thy could choose differently don’t you think they would?

I have no clue where you came by such a study. I know many gay people who come from far better homes than I.

Clearly there is a huge difference from two people who want to share an apartment to “split the rent” and two people who love each other and want to share a life together.

Tomas

I do have to agree with you an that. People are changing that. Granted change is coming slowly. It’s coming with lots of kicking, screaming and
pouting but it is coming.

They won it in 2000 just peoples votes did not count.

holy reality, i agree with everything you have said in this topic. so people… think of Holy Reality and I “gay/straight alliance of Oklahoma” heh.

That’s a little wrong.
Few years ago, a law was voted in France : it allows 2 people living together and not married to have some of the facilities which exist in marriage, mainly with testimonies. Of course, it can be useful in gay unions.
Yet, just few weeks ago, there was a case where a mayor married two men. He said that nothing in the french laws could forbid it. The government didn’t agree, thus the marriage was broken and the mayor was dismissed. But the case is now on trial and it could set a precedent.

Since when penis and penis dont match?And vagina to vagina?Gods,who are you Demon to say that?
The person interested is the one to say about her/his tastes.
They even might like dogs,birds and whatever they can think of…and as long as theres no harm done…thats noones business.
Btw…vagina and vagina matches togheter perfectly…just watch it sometime,maybe you can be convinced:)
take care:)

Actually don’t count on the democrats to solve this as they are often on the fence with this issue or, at least don’t voice there true opinions on this. Most Democrats have opted for civil unions over same sex marriage.

Ultimately, I think this will be resolved by the courts. Yes, I do believe the courts will come down on the side of gay rights. That is why Bush wants to amend the US constitution. The Supreme Court can not throw out or strike down any parts of the US Constitution. All they can do is enforce and interpret it.

Amending the constution is very difficult to do. I mean the ERA could not pass and there was far more support for that than for a same sex marriage ban.

sweet, let’s get married!!!

:neutral:

now if only you would adopt my circumcision views.

"I’m really bad at this by the way, probably several gaping holes i’ve missed. Just a disclaimer so no one flames me…

Starting with discrimination against gays, then against minors. We’ll have our underage sex…"

amen, and nice innuendo with the “gaping holes”… statutory rape is the stupidest thing ever…
img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=13292xb8.jpg
look at this h0tt chick… 23 years old, statutory rape… anyone over the age of 12 would be GLAD to be “raped” by her… gahhhh… why didn’t I get in on that? (no 23 on 12 sex is a bit … hmm… but… you know say with a 16 year old, it’s weird but it’s natural and they both want it)

i’d consider doing 13 and up… it’s a bit of an age strecth (me being 18 ) but if they seem mature enough to know about safe sex, and you know, they just want to get it on, why dscriminate? at 13 i’d have done 18 year old chicks, you’d better believe it (well except i had “morals” back then)

going even more off topic it’s sick that you know like an 18 year old might be with a 16 year old, say, dating, in california, and then their parents will get mad and get the 18 year old arrested for “statutory rape” and then he’ll probably be getting raped in prison and have his life ruined for something completely cool and even acceptable by society (think of it as a senior dating a sophomore, happens all the time… that or he breaks up with her and she gets pissed off and cries “rape” to the authorities and he’s in jail without question… wtf…)

I think we are going down the slippery slope here. Allowing (A) gay marriage is not going to lead to (B) underage sex. How you made the jump from A to B there defies my logic.

I do have to disagree with you on this. There is a need for this law however, they vary from state to state and are often a little one sided. The law needs to be updated but, is necessary I think.

i don’t think he said they were, i think he just had sex on his mind.

i agree there need to be laws and they should be updated, it doesn’t hurt judges to be leniant in violation of statutory rape laws if there is not an obscene age margin, you can be 5-6 years older than a high school student while simultaneously being in high school, and society seems to support high school kids doing each other.

I mean I was 13 in highschool and some people leave it at 19… it’s a bit of a stretch but you know, just allow for common sense in our legislation, it doesn’t need to be so black and white, right and wrong, etc.