Considering a Tatoo for reality checks

Heh, I’m seriously considering getting a tatoo for helping with reality checks.

I was going to have my friend put a little “RC” in a cool font right where I would wear a watch. If I were to wear a watch you would not be able to see the tatoo.

Now the logical thing to do would be to buy a watch but meh, I think a little tatoo would be cool

Would this work? My plan would be to just have it there so when I look at it in my dream there would be no tatoo and I will be able to know I am dreaming.

I have trouble with reality checks mainly because I do them in my waking life but I always close my eyes during or after doing them. When I do them in a dream I close my eyes and enter the void.

The reason I believe I do my reality check with my eyes closed is because I do it when ever I wake up, when I close my eyes then do the RC… well usually I can’t get back to the FA which really sucks.

Plus with a tatoo I know I’d be looking down at it if it looked really cool.

Would this be a bit extreme? Would it potential work as far as reality checks go?

Um. Good luck with that.

I sure wouldn’t do it, though.

Get a watch instead. Tattoos are just ink on skin. Watches are mechanical devices that do all sorts of crazy stuff…

Here are some examples.

Watches…

…protect the vulnerable and incredibly important skin between your forearm and your hand.
…come in many different colors, including grey, silver, charcoal, and light black.
…count to ten, twelve, twenty-four, and sixty. In fact they do that a lot.
…do great pager impressions.
…give you something to do between when you pretend to laugh at a joke and when you say “Ahhhhh… well, it’s getting late. I better be hitting that dusty trail.”
…can be set to the military setting if you’re one of those people who are too busy/retarded to specify/recognize whether the current hour is A.M. or not A.M.
…can be worn on either the right wrist or the wrong wrist.
…use really small batteries, as opposed to sundials that require a really big star at the center of a heliocentric galaxy (total waste of energy, since it keeps crashing into the horizon every twelve hours or so, making it necessary to wait another twelve hours before someone makes a new one. I’ll stick with the small batteries thank you.)
…sometimes come with miniscule four function calculators just in case a math problem randomly breaks out when you’re out for a jog.

See? Watches are way more kickass than tatoos. Just ask Cecil.

Cecil -------> :cool: : Yo! Wear a watch, and someday you’ll grow a kickass fro!

Heh I can get the tatoo for the price of the watch.

The only real difference for the reason I’m getting it though is that a tatoo can’t be lost.

But a watch does have an added bonus of Day/Time hmmmm.

plus, you might regret getting the tatoo someday… you can easily remove a watch but not a tatoo…

im a tatto artist so naturaly i would say get the tattoo…but as for yor question…my body is totaly covered in ink and in the dream world it is not so i think that is a great RC…

I don’t have any tattoos or piercings, and doubt I ever will.

But I think this is an awesome idea. If you decide for it I would love to see pictures. I hope you make sure you know who it doing it, and have it professionally done.

I don’t think that it would be a very effective reality check in and of itself for the reason konnart mentioned. I do belive that it might be useful to remind yourself to preform a reality check. Everytime you find yourself looking at your tattoo, do another RC.

No no, you don’t get it, the tatoo won’t be in his dreams. So he can use that as an RC

Cool Idea, as long as you’re sure you wont regret it later…

Ah. I misread konnart’s post.

I’m definatly going to do this. I’m going to buy a watch first and wear it really tight for about a week so my friend has a guide at how big I want the tat.

And if I don’t get it then I’m just going to burn my self with my car lighter. Regardless I’m going to have a mark on my wrist for the rest of my life and it’s all thanks to lucid dreaming.

:cry:

ok…

uh, yeah. thumbs up to that. :bored:

Do you need a hug? Just a thought.

I don’t need a hug I need a way to reality check with out losing my damn dream.

I’ve had like 10 lucid dreams so far and 6 were ruined because when I did my RC and became lucid I lost my dream.

Heh, I’m not going to burn my self, I was just kidding.

I would hope not.
But why don’t you just draw it on your hand with a marker?
It would be a lot cheaper and less painful.

Very True BioHazarad. That’s what I do!
Though the Tattoo sounds cool. I love it when people find new and interesting ways to have/utilize tatttoos. Even better, I’d get the all seeing eye tattooed in its little pyramid on your wrist, that would be cooler.

Umm, that doesn’t make sense. You’re gonna buy a watch, which can also be used as an RC, AND get a tatoo? Don’t you think the watch is enough?

And ever think that either way you’ll lose lucidity? It sound like you either get too excited or you aren’t able to keep it stable. The tatoo won’t help with either of those problems.

That tatoo will help. I did the RC where I clasped my nose and breathed. It works but for some unknown reason I’d close my eyes while doing this, when I try to open them sometimes I can’t and I’m stuck in a void.

I’m getting the tatoo just for the fact that I shouldn’t need to close my eyes to look at my wrist.

The only real reason I’m getting a watch is because I go to the hospital next Monday to start my education at the hospital, you need a watch with a second hand as a requirement.

I say get the tattoo. that’s a good idea. lol why would he ever regret getting “RC” tattooed to his wrist? Go for it.

Well, I went to get the tatoo and my friend sorta talked me out of it.

He told me to write RC on my wrist in permanent marker and see what I think after a week.

So today I did as he said and went around walking with the RC on my wrist.

The thing is I never bothered to look at it. Even when I do my hourly RC with the breathing through the nose thing I didn’t look at it. Hell, the only time I looked at it was when I went to get a pen or someone mentioned it which was only about 4 times total today.

I’m still considering it I just need to train my self to look at it constantly to have some effectiveness.