Variation of MILD I discovered

The next time I hum a song I haven’t heard before, I will do a RC!

didnt work :sad: i didnt even look at my images right when im falling asleep…i just fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. hehe.

tried it again last night. No lucidity this time; however three of my targets turned out to be the main subject of a few of my dreams. Dreaming was even mentioned at one point in the dream, but the idea of a RC sort of just slipped my mind. If I’m firmer with my intentions it should work out alright so its working good so far :happy:

“The next time I think about the Neural Noise Synthesizer, I am dreaming.”

Dreamt about:
Yu Gi Oh!

The first random thought was my best friend and I also had a dream about him but I didn’t do a RC :sad: Trancewave are you otherwise good with MILD? MILD isn’t really my thing, but I will try this again tonight even if it didn’t work yesterday. I mostly thought about different persons last night before bed but only one of them made it into a dream, or I only remember that one came into a dream.

i still didnt get it. when i think back…i dont remember at all going through the stage where i see random things (before i fall asleep)…so yeah…since im not going through that…i cant really do the method

Jajajaja :o

1 LD for me last night with this method

Ben, I don’t mean that you are supposed to be actually seeing things, its about what you are thinking. The idea is that when you lie down, you just relax and see what comes into your mind on its own. You should be thinking of at least something when you lie there. Your brain won’t be dead quiet unless your in a deep trance or in deep theta sleep.

And btw Freecube, Congratulations on your success. It seems its working pretty well for you yeilding 4 LDs so far. :happy:

You get these random thoughts when you just sit and think if nothing, for me it’s sort of like a daydream since I usually get images with the random thoughts. I also get these thoughts when I meditate but they somehow seem a bit different then, I supress every normal thought in my mind but the random ones feels more like it’s not me thinking them. It’s like they just pop into my mind from nowhere and I also find it’s a bit harder to supress them and they seem more interesting too.

thx trance…i thought u meant visual. because some nights i see things b4 i go to sleep. other nights i dont. hehe. last night…i tried something else. i pictured myself in a huge red room with a friend. and i had my friend ask me what a RC was…so i showed him…and i kept thinking of this dream over and over. well…when i was sleeping…i didnt dream of that, but i did dream of a weird ass dream that was probably teh best i ever had. it took 2 pages to write in my DJ and im pretty sure i had full control, i just didnt know i was dreaming. anyways…i loved that dream. it was so cool…dunno why. hehe. i might post it on my DD Page on this if i have time.

+1 LD again. Was a short but sweet LD, but still counts anyway. I’m going to stick to this technique for a while since its working so well for me.

Trancewave how well does regular MILD work for you?

I have been thinking that couldn’t you just find lots of dream signs in your dreams and practice them during the day and just use MILD. MILD doesn’t seem to work for me, but if I had lots of dreams signs (10+) instead of just 2-3 I might have a much higher chance of realising that I’m dreaming. I will try that today because the random thought doesn’t really work for me.

I do get them but I don’t seem to dream about them during the night, or maybe I just forget those pars of my dreams :help:

MILD got me about 80% of all my LDs actually. However, I’m not too good with the whole dreamsigns thing. Every night my dreams are completely different from real life taking place in places I’ve never seen before. It also kind of hard for me to pinpoint anything in common between dreams.

The reason I think this slight variation of MILD works so well for me is that it is responding to my thoughts right now in the present, instead of a “guess” of what I’ll be dreaming tonight.

Well, everyone thinks and dreams different so that why there isn’t one technique that works for everyone. Experiment with and change around other techniques to your liking, and you might find something useful.

I tried this again last night, and I was 100% sure that I would dream about a certain girl because she kept popping up in my mind when I was relaxing. And she did, 2 times that I can remember. But even if I did MILD I didn’t realise that I was dreaming when I saw her :sad:

I just read this tech for the 1st time, I think i’ll try it also since MILD works pretty well for me (if i set myself to it, like 3 out of 4 times it works). Anyway I will combine this method with all other stuff i’m doing to induce LD’s (WBTB + MILD when i go piss at night, and my WILD tech when I wake up slowly in the morning), so it’s like another boost in chances to get one.

i’ve never had any long LD, but … using this technique (after 1 month writing the dreams in DD) i feel,like I’m going in a good way

Yesterday I tried it and had 2 (or 3?) vivid dreams
actually it was very confusing,because it was mixed with FA,but I didn’t remember waking and standing up in the morning.

Anyway…I shot a guy in the chest and head and he survived,which made me thinking “something’s wrong” ,but not yet lucid
Then he shot me in the left side of head :razz:
It didn’t hurt, I just felt my right part of head’s heavier.
I thought - wow,these dreams are sooo real :smile:
I knew it’s a dream,but didn’t say that
Couple seconds later I got involved in the action again,so I lost lucidity.

Then I was with my parents in a mall in my hometown (I study now in a city located 70 km from that).We’re shopping.
I was wondering " why promissed I my mother,taht I’ll do something in a week,when I’ll be home … when I was actually already back :razz:)
I hope you understand me.

I think… I’m sure,that the lucidity is just about to hit me :smile:

thanks for that method
:happy:

This does sound like a good method!
It does mention these microdreams experienced while falling asleep in EWLD
And I get abou 3-4 microdreams every night while falling asleep so I will try this tonight and post results

Hey, I’m new to this site and to LDs and stuff in general. The main reason I came here was because I haven’t remembered any dreams in 5-6 years. The first few days I was here I tried the original MILD method, but had no luck with it. However, after trying this method for two nights, I have recalled two dreams and fragments of some others. So, even though dream recall isn’t really major for most people, this has definitly given me good results. Thanks a lot, man.

This sounds like a good tech to me. I’m trying it!

I’m going to definitely try this tonight