Sweet Dreams tea

Hello all,

During the summer when I am off from school, it’s easier for me to continue my quest for lucidity. I have spent the past couple of weeks looking for all the shortcuts possible to finally have my 2nd LD (my first was sometime during the summer last year). I tried safe amounts of DXM, teas, and other kinds of foods, but with no luck. My dream recall is already not so good (barely remembering 1 per night).

So anyway, yesterday I was in the local supermarket and while strolling down the tea aisle, I noticed this tea flavor “Sweet Dreams.” It’s made by Bigelow tea with ingredients: chamomile flowers, hibiscus flowers, peppermint leaves, rose blossoms, spearmint leaves, spice, orange blossoms. So I bought a box (only $2.79) and decided to give it a try. I made the tea, drank it with some cookies, and went to bed about a half hour later.

From 1 AM to 5 AM, I slept a dreamless sleep. After I went to the toilet at 5 AM and headed back to bed, I can remember the ensuing dream. I was in my 5th grade class doing something and the teacher had walked out of the room. I noticed there was something odd about the other kids’ faces and found out I was dreaming. I thought to myself “I am dreaming,” but never managed to actually say it. During my first LD, I had said it out loud and was able to fly around for a few seconds before waking up. However, this time around I think I already knew I was dreaming yet had not taken any action toward doing something like flying, etc. Then I woke up at 7 AM and went back to sleep. I vaguely remember going into another dream, then waking up at 10, going back into the same dream, waking up every 15 minutes, and so on.

The hardest part for me is to recognize that I am dreaming. So I think this tea had helped me clear my mind enough so that I could do that. But what kept me from acting on it was probably the fact that I had no previous intentions before going to sleep. Now that one half has been taken care of, I can focus on the other half in the hopes of reaching another LD.

I’m going to drink the tea again tonight, hoping for the same effects. I hope some of you got something out of this, for what it’s worth. Any comments are more than welcome!

P.S.-I didn’t know whether this should go under Quest for Lucidity or Shortcuts to Lucidity, but I figured Shortcuts because it had to do mostly with the tea.

Sounds like a Placebo…but perhaps I shouldn’t say that if it is. Keep going with it though, it could work.

Hi panik100,

I found an Herbal Authority brand melatonin tea several years ago. It’s called Night Time. It works beautifully. I have given it to people as a gift a lot of times. Nobody has had any problems mixing it with any meds they are taking. I have had people from 5 to 80 years old try it with success.

Ingredients are chamomile, orange peel, scullcap, passion flower, hibiscus and melatonin.

I have also used the Bigelow Sweet Dreams before, but I like the flavor of the Night Time better and it seems to work more quickly. I forget about it until someone has trouble sleeping. My daughter used it when she had to drastically change her work hours recently. I will try some soon and see if it has any effect on my dreaming. Thanks for the reminder.

Sweet Dreams…

It could be placebo, I guess. Last night, I didn’t remember any dreams at all :sad:

ill have to get some of this tea…in appropriate question…but does this tea make you go potty? is it a diaretic? cus reg tea for me makes me go to the bathroom soo much…and that wouldnt help me sleep.

No, this tea is caffiene free, so it won’t make you go to the bathroom.

oh thats cool…yeah ill have to get some. i like tea…and if it helps me LD…then thats ten times better. cool cool cool!

Anyone have anything else to comment on?

Well i dont think its placebo, because AFAIK Chamomile and Mint leaves both affect your dreams , and some of the other ingredients do too. I would like to try this tea , but i dont think i can get it in any nearby stores, so i will just stick to chamomile, mint and herb tea

This could be a placebo, although there is some anecdotal evidence that some of these ingredients can affect your dreams. I think the bottom line is this: There is no known substance which can make you have a lucid dream , but there are some which can make your dreams more vivid. So I think any substance you may take is only beneficial as a supplement to lucid dreaming induction techniques. It’s the induction techniques that teach you how to have lucid dreams - it’s the substances that may make these lucid dreams more vivid or even more prolonged. So it’s only when you have learned to lucid dream that these substances become usefull - to enhance rather than induce lucid dreams.

Here’s the one i tried. It gives more long vivid dreams but not the lucidity, and you will a little weird sometimes. It’s not placebo because when i used it i didn’t knew about lucid dreaming. It’s an algonquin tea.

https://www.algonquintea.com/luciddreamtea.shtml

sweet dreams is the tea that basically coddled me into lucid dreaming a year or so ago…i bought some, had one cup each night before bed, and my lucid dreaming flourished

Is that so? The nights I drank it, it didn’t really do anything for me. Can you tell us more?

I highly advise the use of this tea to people who haven’t had LD’s before. It’s not so much the effects you get from the ingredients, but more of an affect from the tastes and textures and a couple of the ingredients.
Tea is extremely good for memory, mainly cuz you smell it when you drink it, it has a unique taste, you feel the warmth of the cup, the caffeine in it also stimulates your nervous system…this doesnt mean you’ll have big dilated eyes, but it means that you will get alot of afterimages, where you look at something and then look away and you can still kinda see it, like if u look at the sun. Also, the artwork on the front of the package is really memorable.
All of these things blend together to make a strong memory connection. First time LD’ers will probably make a connection between all of the memorable events and the fact that when they make the tea, they see a big package that says ‘sweet dreams’ on it…the word dreams will be burnt into their subconscious.
To most people who have never had a LD, it is amazingly fascinating and intriguing to know that you can LD. When i was first trying to LD, i had the utmost desire to have one. I think this is key when starting out, because even after having many LD’s, if im not enthusiastic about it, then i wont end up having any, my main problem at the moment.
I think the tea is not as helpful once you have had a few LD’s, because you dont associate the tea with dreams as much as you associate RC’s with dreams.
My first LD was after a night of this tea, but it wasnt neccessarily because i realized i was drinking tea in a dream; it was because as i finished the tea, i remembered that i was drinking it right in my bed, every night for a week, and in the dream i FA’ed in that same spot, in my bed.

The main reason the tea triggers such a memory response is because it triggers almost all of the senses. If you slurp the tea, then it triggers all of them! :tongue:

Interesting, I still have some teabags left in the box. I’ll have to make it again. But what you said makes perfect sense, it definitely helps when all the senses are triggered because it makes an impact in your mind.

i think u should get the caffeinated kind, cuz u said it was decaffeinated

Girby has bought and drank and still has that tea. Didn’t help Girby’s dream recall any but wasn’t really trying to remember my dreams when I bought it. Maybe I’ll give it another try.