Repeating Dream?

I’m not sure if there’s a name for it… but I’ve been having this same dream for a long time… and each time I have it it’s a bit longer and more detailed.

I’m in a stone medieval-ish dungeon/prison lying on the floor. I sit up and see someone else laying on a cot. I stand up and look in a small, beat up mirror. I have long silver hair and glowing green eyes (o.O). I’m also pretty pale. I turn and look at the man on the cot. He seems to be about my age (in the dream- about 17-19). He has long-ish blonde hair. He opens his eyes and sits up. His eyes are glowing blue. He looks at me and we lock eyes. (This is the part I can’t understand) I get so many feelings at once it’s overwhelming. I feel as though I’m bitter towards him, or that I’m supposed to hate him (or that I used to hate him?)… but then I feel connected to him as well. Then he kind of half-smiles and shrugs and I look towards the cell door and open my mouth to say something. (fyi- I’m a girl in the dream)

That’s as far as the dream’s ever gotten. And to me, it seems like Final Fantasy in a way (silver hair & glowing green eyes = Sephiroth?; Blonde hair & glowing blue eyes = Cloud?). But the thing is I didn’t play FF7 until I was a freshman in high school, and I’ve been having the dream since third or fourth grade. o.O; The first time I played that game the characters reminded me strongly of my dream…

Not sure what made me want to post this… but… if it interests you enough, would you tell me what you think? ^^;

I don’t know much about dreams meaning anything, nor do i totally believe in it, but My dad was having a reoccuring dream about killing people and he hated it so much that he started to develop insomnia because of all the killing in his dreams he didn’t want to go to sleep. so i sat down with him and talked to him about it and have him tell me everything and He has never had this dream since.

If you have had this dream for several years, it must mean something special! Have you ever been lucid in the dream? I could give you the usual advice of asking the characters who they are, why you are dreaming this, etc… But often, dreams like that has an atmosphere to it that makes it special. Maybe you will get to know more when you get to stay in the dream longer. :cool:

The fact that this dream gets more detailed and longer everytime you have it, means it has an important message for you, and because you don’t understand the message yet, the dream keeps coming back.
I’m not pretty good at explaining dreams, but I’ll give it a try. The important elements here seem to be:

• The medieval dungeon/prison
  • The small beat up mirror
  • You having long silver hair and glowing green eyes and being quite pale
  • A man with long brownish hair, who’s at the same age and who’s sitting on a cot
  • His eyes are glowing blue
  • Upon locking eyes, you’re overwhelmed by feelings, mainly bitterness and kind of hatred but also some sort of connection
  • In the end, he half smiles and shrugs

I cannot explain the dream for you, because you’re the only one who can accurately read the symbolical language of your dreams. However, if this were my dream, I might explain it like this: first I’d ask myself if I know this man irl… he doesn’t necessarily have the same look irl, but perhaps the feelings towards the DC are the same towards a person irl. The dungeon can symbolize a hidden dungeon in the psyche, way below the surface in the dark corners of the mind. Because it seems like a prison, perhaps it means I’m trapped in there… the cell door however shows there’s a way out. The mirror is a symbol of selfimage. The mirror was beaten up, so perhaps I suffered/suffer from low self esteem… I also might think of myself as being a failure, who can’t do much good. The pale image also suggests that: I see myself as only a pale shadow of what I truly am. Now, the glowing green eyes… can you perhaps describe this aspect in more detail? How does the glowing feel? Is it like a bright light, or does it have more an aura of gloom? Whenever profound colors appear in dreams, I always see them in correspondence with the chakra colors. Green is the color of the heart chakra; because I’m stuck in the prison, the green glowing might suggest I have an unbalanced heart chakra, but I’m craving to restore it, to see it. Deficiency of heart chakra activity results in bitterness, shyness, isolation, loneliness and criticism. One of the major causes of such deficiency can be grief, and the heart chakra is fully developped between the age of 4 and 7. So perhaps I’m suffering from a childhood trauma which resulted in isolation, bitterness and shyness which then resulted in low self esteem. But I’m craving to break through this prison of the mind, and restore my relationships with people. Also, I might be craving for love, which would certainly break the cycle. However, then this man appears, sitting on the cot. The cot can be a symbol of early childhood events, which may have some connection with the man. He has the same age… perhaps he was a little friend during early childhood? Perhaps he was the cause of my isolation and low self esteem? His eyes are glowing blue, the color of the throat chakra, a symbol of communication, self expression. How would you describe the glowing in his eyes? Is it the same as in yours? Do you fear him? Perhaps this man tries to communicate again with me irl, but he keeps me from walking through the cell door. Although his intentions may be upright… I haven’t forgotten the bitterness and even hatred towards what he might have done to me when I was a little child. I’m overwhelmed by emotions when I see him, but I don’t really understand the connection I have with him. Perhaps I don’t recognize him irl for what he truly is? His smiling may be a sign of his upright intentions, but could also reveal more darker intentions… perhaps he even wants me to keep here in the dungeon??
If I could reenter the dream, I’d certainly try to reconcile with him and talk about the situation. Hopefully he reveals his intentions and helps to break down the prison.

That’s one explanation of the dream symbolism, but only as seen from my own perspective, and only if I had this dream. I translated it with my dream language, not with yours, because you’re the only one who’s capable in doing that. So there’s a good chance this sounds like complete nonsense :smile: But still, does it make some sense to you?

Wow, an amazing explanation o.o.

I’ve never been lucid in this dream… :-/

That’s a lot of information Mystic. ^^ Wow… thanks very much for your interpretation. I would not have thought to look at it that way. As for the glowing eyes… I’m not too sure how to explain it. If there was a “natural” way for eyes to glow, that’s what they would look like. o.O; Ok, that’s too vague. I’ll try again. Hmm… the iris(es?) of the eyes were giving off a faint but noticeable light… it wasn’t gloomy or blinding… I suppose it was in the middle… ^^; So sorry, I don’t know how to say it.

But thank you all so much for sharing your ideas with me.

No prob :smile: But as I said before… don’t see this as an absolute explanation. It’s only one of the many, as seen from my point of view.

If you have this dream pretty often, you can use it as a dreamsign to induce lucidity. For instance, you can do RCs whenever you see a cot or mirror or anything else from that dream. Or you could repeat to yourself that next time you’ll have the dream you WILL recognize it as such and become lucid.

About the eyes… hm so it wasn’t really very clear glowing, but just a faint glow… perhaps this doesn’t mean anything in particular, but it’s only a symbol to stress the importance of the fact that deep in yourself you wish to see some changes in the current situation (lack of relationships, bitterness, low self esteem), and perhaps the man also wants to see those changes in you. I don’t know really…

I hope you find the meaning behind this dream, because I really sense it holds a very important message for you. You could also ask more experienced dream explorers for some advice… I know Robert Moss has a lot of dream communities where he interpretes dreams as he sees it. Perhaps you can find his email somewhere on the net :smile:

In any case, becoming lucid in that dream could already do a lot. If you should become lucid, don’t just talk to the man but also pay attention to the room itself and other objects or so… If possible, investigate it very closely… details can often offer important clues to unravel the meaning of the whole dream.

Good luck!! :smile:

A weird dream… But it really looks like a scene from FF… :roll: So strange, that the dream appeared before you played it… I wonder if the game already existed when you saw the dream the first time. Maybe you could see somewhere an advertisement or something like that… I don’t want to say that the entire dream is just a remembered ad, it must be more important… :hmmm: It’s just interesting. But I believe different people can have the same idea about at the same time, like they accidentally connected to a wrong postbox… :shy: Maybe someone people who created FF had once a similar dream, too… :bored:

o_O Well that certainly is an interesting idea…