Methods NOT Including WBTB

I’m currently researching on methods that do not require waking up in the middle of the night. to tell you the truth…im too lazy to do that. lol. so yeah…im lookin for some good techs to do. im looking at one where i picture myself in a dream and i do a RC…and i keep thinking of this while im falling asleep. can u guys post some good techs on here to do that do not require WBTB…thx!

VILD, WILD and MILD :happy:

dont you have to get up early for wild?

None of the techniques require you to do WBTB. So, you can use any of the techniques frequently mentioned on this site such as WILD and MILD. Combining any of these methods with WBTB just makes them easier to do and improves your chances of success.

Both WILD and MILD can be done successfully at your regular bead time.

I also recommend you keep a dream journal and do frequent RC.

No you don’t have to. I have successfully used WILD many times at bed time.

Good Luck and happy dreaming :smile:

Even if you’re too lazy to stay up for 20-30 minutes in the middle of the night (I’m too lazy for that too), all of the methods can still benefit from your waking up in the middle of the night for a few moments. If you want, you can set your alarm clock for 5 a.m. and then shut it off and use a tech as you drift back to sleep.

Speaking for myself I found this to be very true especially for WILD. I usually only stay up for a few minutes at most. It causes no disruption in my sleep and make WILD much easier than staying up for a long time. I found it works well for MILD as well.

Anyway it is another option for you to consider.

You can do every tech there is without waking up after some sleep.But the thing is…methods like Wild are said to be done just then because their purpose is to enter a dream( which usually happens in REM).In most cases REM starts after 90 mins except times when you`re in sleep debt.
What im saying is that some methods work BETTER and one have far more chances to make it succesfull if he/she knows why they are there.
Take care:)

well…my main problem has to do with my alarm clock. i only have 2 alarms on it…and i never wake up from only one. so i keep 2 for me to wake up for school in the morning. one goes off at 6:20 and the other goes off at 6:21. and if i were to wake up b4 them to do a tech…i dunno how i would. if i just used one alarm to wake up like at 4 am, i would sleep through it. it would just be more convinient for a good method to work without having to wake up in the middle of the night.

Just do it on the weekends.I guess thats enough anyways…trying WILD based methods everyday may make you damn tired and thats not what you want from a technique.
take care.

well…i might do wild on the weekends…dunno :smile: but i want to find a successfull method to do that has been successfull when you dont wake up in the middle of the night…if that makes sense. VILD, MILD, And this method where you Incubate dreams…are what im mainly looking on. Any suggestions on which to focus on?

It makes perfect sense. Like I mentioned you can learn to WILD without prior sleep. Just keep practicing every night. It might take you some time but you can get there. Do a search on this site for meditation and self hypnosis it can be a big help to you.

well…i dont think WILD would work for me without prior sleep. Even if i do meditate or something and then try and do a WILD tech…ill still be mostly awake.

Then work on MILD or other techniques. They are all powerful methods and can help you learn to have LD ’s. No one method is superior to the other.

hehe…i am working on MILD and stuff…this whole point of the topic is to see what methods there are that are variations of MILD or something like VILD

wbtb wild is very tiring
takes me 1-2 hours to fall back asleep regardless how short wbtb is
extra sleep doesn’t help much either

WILD before bed can keep me up till like 3 am and chances to succeed are much lower

…that doesnt really help :razz:

hey! if i had an answer i would write it
for now just expressed my views on wild like others have