hrm,,, can you _DREAM_ that you are lucid?

ok, i didnt have god like powers, thanks

yeh, i had low lucidity, and it was ver unvivid
w00t!
i got teh 4 LDs!

!!

WBTB is awesome… wow… insanly awesome

lol, i still got time to WBTB again, but i dont feel tired

i think my sub-c was being a jerk, and right after i got lucid, it was BAMB i lose visuals, and into anthter dream, i RC, and bamb lose visuals and into another dream…

how do i stop this???

also, durign the street LD, i felt like flying, but i was worried that the dream would resolve…
i was attempting to decide upon a method of flying :happy: :happy:

hmmm next time im gonna spin around :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :razz:

careful on spinning. u might end the dream/ wake up. it is a common way to stay in a dream longer and change the setting…but it is risky. rubbin hands/eyes is less riskier and has the same effect.

so if you can yell i am dreaming in a dream, you are lucid?

yes, I am pretty sure that that is the definition of being lucid. Although, I did once have a dream of being lucid when I actually wasn’t. It’s hard to explain, bt I did several of the things that I had wanted to do in a LD, but had never gotten the chance to do.

PS, On the former Ansemreport.com, there was this guy that has a username over here. He wrote a fanfic called Kingdom Dreamless. I was just wondering if you (if u r reading this) had finished the story. ^^ It was reely gewd ^^

I believe it is possible to say, “I am dreaming”, and still be not lucid… But it is not the case. In that state it is impossible to remember so many things to do, like RC and noticing the level of realism and reading bills and looking for a dream guide… When such quasi-lucid stuff happened to me, it never lasted longer than the time needed to think, “Hey, it’s a lucid dream”. I never did something more than one RC, after which I completely forgot about dreams and everything… So your dream was definitely lucid, no doubt.

w00t

Your dreams were lucid. The reactions you have in them ( doing RC ), the problems you have in them ( losing visuals ) generally only happen in LD.

I used spinning twice in order to change the dream randomly… First time, I had a false awakening. (So perform a RC just when “waking up” after spinning !) Second time, I lost visuals :confused:

I tried rubbing hands once, when I had no more visuals and it worked perfectly. :cool_laugh: After that, I had one of my longest LD. :grin:

hrm, im gonna try rubbin hands

Once i had a non ld dream, but i had a ld inside of it! only a week ago!! ok me and my dad were on something, scooter, running really fast or something. he said “Be careful you spine is very important!” i said ok okok, then i fell and tumbled soooooo many times. when i was done, i knew what happend. my legs were all over me, my arm messed up, and of course, my spine all retarded. my dad looked at me with SUCH a look of utter horror that still haunts me. i couldnt talk cuz my spine was cracked so i lipped “Help Me”, then he had an even worse look. after that i remember being in a hospital, then going uncontious. this is when i had a dream, in my dream. when i was in other dream world, i was outside my house. i knew right away what happend. i said "Omg, i broke my spine so now i am in a dream world, for a very long time! maybe im in acoma so i can LD forever! did a bunch of stuff! i swear, i did wake up though, but i cant remember how.

god, if i ever got into a coma(god forbid), i hope i get a LD coma

Grrr ! That’s exactly what happend to me this night ! :grrr: I wanted to teleport. spin ! and woke up. :sad:
I was hoping it was just a FA… and made a lot of RC, but no… I was fully awake. :crying:
I wonder how S. Laberge computed his f*** statistics when he says that 96% of the spinning lucid dreams were prolonged !
Grrr ! :angry:

Can anybody else confirm the problem with spinning ?

Same problem here Basilus West… I’ve tried spinning only about 5 times, and I woke up everytime. I never used it again. Bad tech for me… though it’s probably all in my mind :smile: Yeah I also wonder where LaBerge gets his statistics…
I always stick with focusing awareness, hand rubbing and touching dream objects. Works fine in my case.

No, don’t you start! :smile:

mystic, remember to think about the wind etc while spinning.

I suppose LaBerge uses an EEG and compares the recorded REM periods to the usual ones.

All in the mind, all in the mind. Spinning is a disaster on these forums (everybody says so, which only enforces it) but it’s probably all the rage at Lucidity Institute. :razz:

It definitely sounds like you were lucid to me. Try to remember to stay calm and as someone above mentioned try rubbing your hands together to stabilize things.

With spinning remember to keep your eyes open. I found that helps prevent FA or waking up completely.

If I do that I get the television test screen. The few times I’ve experienced it, I never succeeded in reentering a normal dream. It always woke me up.

r3m0t: yes I probably didn’t think enough of that… Perhaps when I’m in a boring LD, I might try spinning again. Waking up wouldn’t be so bad then :smile:

definitely an LD u had there baloogan! after reading your post i realised one problem that led to you having four fragmented ones instead a complete high lucidity dream.

that is, you do not trust yourself enough that ‘you are in a dream’ when you recognise a dream sign. after doing your nose RC you instantly gathered, and screamed ‘i am dreaming, i am dreaming’. at this point you have achieved LD already, albeit lowscale. but then you start to lose visuals, characteristic of your subconscious’ scepticism and its trying to convince you it is REAL. just a brain mechanism. don believe it…

what you need to do is train yourself to trust your RC 100%, so that once you have determined you are lucid, you cant be tricked by your sub-c.

from i can read from your post, you were fighting against your sub-c a total of four times, of which 3 you repeatedly succeeded the RC. however during the 4th time you gave up and went to the party instead. sad or happy ending? i dunno both seem fun!

the hardest part is getting to remember to try the RC during a dream in the first place, and then trusting it completely…