What the heck was this?! (REM ?)

Ok if this question has already been answered let me know.

The weirdest thing happened to me last night while I was trying MILD indusion. I went to bed at about 9pm tensed the muscles in my feet and breathed in/out, untill I was fully relaxed.I then repeated this to myself “I am aware that I am dreaming, I will remember my dreams” I repeated this for about 10 minutes when I felt somthing in my eyes.

They started twitching and moving all over (REM ?) I thought it was REM and that I was going lucid so I kept repeating to myself “I am aware that I am dreaming, I am about to dream” my addrenalin kept pumping harder and harder I tried to remain calm, It got to the point where I was breathing heavly I opened my eyes, and it felt like a huge weight was release from my rib cage.

I said to myself “boy that was weird” I tried it again and this time I was ready. When the twitching came ( REM ?) I did not let my addrenalin get out of hand the twitching lasted for it seemed like 2 minutes, all while this happened I repeated “I am aware that I am dreaming” and I was trying to get a dream to appear. then it slowed to a stop, thinking I was lucid I opened my eyes and did a few RC’s but no I was still awake and 1 hour 45 minutes had gone by :cry:

Does anyone know what this was? I think it was consious REM or somthing. But that had never happened to me before so It must have been part of MILD ? :bored:

Please let me know,
WW

What you did is very close to selfhypnosis and auto suggestion.
It was close to being also a wild and not just purely a mild induction.
you were on tne brink of entering a wild and a trance…an inbetween waking and dreaming level.

Hmm that was the closest I have gotten to becomeing lucid then. Perhaps I should do that again tonight, it kinda scared me so I quit repeating it. I read up on WILD and it looks like I can do it but I have been practicing with MILD ever since I started remembering my dreams. should I switch?

Well you could make u good seperation between the two!

So do a mild thats not so close to a wild and visa versa.
You could do both then, if you would like that!

ok cool ill try that tonight thanks a bunch Jeff :wink:

Just seperate them better, so mild is a mild tech and wild a wild tech, and then like i said u can do both!

You have some selfhypnosis talent else you wouldnt be able to experience what u did.
Maybe u can read about that a bit.

Good luck!
Hope it all goes well! :smile:

This is exactly the type of REM I experience as I start my own technique for LD’ing (which it seems is similar to W.I.L.D.). I’ve now got to the stage where I can induce REM just about anytime and anywhere (even now sat at my desk at work). It’s hard to take it to the next stage however, unless I’m somewhere quiet, dark and comfortable.

Keep practising, and you’ll get the adrenalin rushes under control!

Yeah I have been able to get the rush under control alot better lately. How do you induce your REM? The same way I did? This is the first actual result of a WILD I have gotten so I would like to try and build from there :wink:

do you do what I do or…?

Closing your eyes and looking slightly upwards helps.

I’ve been using my own techinique for about 15 years (which I’ve just found out since joing this forum is pretty much WILD), and I now find getting to the REM stage really easy now.

I’ve described my techinque here:

ld4all.com/forum/?https://ld4all. … f069a3e015

I sometimes get like that when i sleepdep, I do a couple of pushups and it gets rid of them.
One thing thats feels really funny is 100 hours in, doing pushups is that your arms vibrate.