Why do you believe in chakras?

I don’t understand how the concept was first thought of. Is there any biological or scientific evidence behind it? Any personal reasons you have to believe?

I don’t entirely disbelieve, but I don’t see any evidence for it either. All this “psi-phenomena” stuff seems weird to me. I’ve actually seen an aura (using the guide at AstralPulse), but there’s nothing to suggest it’s anything more than an optical trick.

Flex its very simple, the far east has a history of centuries for meditation and combining awareness and breathing. From there out they had experiences they labeled as having chakras.

so it was not first thought of it was first experienced!
And then labeled as chakras.

Oh and why i do believe in them, well because i experienced then especially in deep trance combined with breathing and making awareness empty.
but that doesnt mean i make mumbo jumbo from it.
For me it are just spots where awareness, breathing and nerve spots come together. That i can truly say from observing without making it new age like.

I can keep my conscious through all sleep levels and even below that, not many ppl can do that.
Trust me to feel/experience a chakra also talent comes along.
Not all will have the same talent for experiencing it.

Ahh. So you don’t believe in any of the the colors, or characteristics assosciated with each of them? Do you have any opinion on auras? I’ve only been reading up on these things for about a week now, and there’s conflicting information everywhere.

Well i want only to talk about real life experience with them and not from books etc. In the west ppl dont know a lot about it and that because in the west u have fast food spirituality. In the east u got that to, only a small group of ppl is really very talented in this area.

I have been busy with consciousness 4 many years.
Had my own eeg machine 4 ten years.
Am like i said before able to go even under deep sleep and stay conscious, i recorded it with my eeg.
did many experiments.

Yes i believe in the caracteristics for some part.
Because i do tai chi meditation and my own form of trance meditation iam in reach to experience chakras and yes for a part what u read is true.
But also much you wont find in books, and more important also lots of bullshit in those books.
And yes i believe in aura’s.
But thats scientifically hard to proof, things like aura’s or chakras.

Greatest problem in the west is that here ppl wont except that u need talent for most things and u cant learn all in 3 months or 3 weeks.

the greatest bullshit of all is to open your chakras fully like 100%.
Like a chakra never is 100% open or closed.
then you couldnt function.
When a chakra is tot closed you would be dead.
Because its strongly linked to the nerve system and the spine!
When a chakra is close to 100% opened you would be in an near death experience.
So thats one thing thats not correct to start from.
Well so i could tell more etc.

Why are you so interested in it?

Just curiosity. I’m interested in levels of conciousness (otherwise I wouldn’t be here), and a lot of it is interconnected with the chakras.

The reason i believe chakras exsist is through Astral Projection. When i was younger i was deeply into it and finding out most of what i can.

During that time i learned that many people (apparently) see a silver chord from the centre of their head to their astral body (3rd eye) which is also the location of the brow chakra.

Other things i have personally experienced is pain in the brow chakra by closing my eyes and having a friend point a pencil at my 3rd eye - at a certain point i feel a pain. To feel this pain at the same point every time has to suggest there is “something” there. So that’s why i am open to that belief.

– As for auras i have seen them myself. Different colours for different moods, shivers when they lie. In some cases it can appear as an illusion but when the aura is nearly 2 inches thick I rule out that possiblity. I learned nothing of Aura’s from books all of it any most other “spiritual” stuff came from my mother.

That said Lucid Dreaming has only recently become widely accepted as being real, AP & Remote Viewing don’t have biological or scientific evidence either but i believe in them since i have RV’d myself.

In many cases the best proof is your own experience.

Yes, chakras are there. I have personaly ‘felt’ a few chakras. I have also flushed or cleansed chakras through meditation.

When it comes to the lore of chakras, I think that most of the content was influenced by what the certain chakra was suppose to represent. They are centers along your spine that dictate energy. So the function one could perform in a certain area or zone of the body is dictated by how much control you have over its governing chakra.

Because function is linked to a center of energy, colors, animal totems, plants, elements, they are marked this way to give subtle understandings of their uses. In this way I like to think of them as ethereal muscles. You must simply look at the culture to understand the intent of the lore.

Some people say that imagining an animal totem or color of a chakra while meditating will help to open up chakras and create better engergy flow. Some people actualy have a routine where they run from the base chakra to the crown imagining a series of images for each chakra. This seems tedious and unnessecary. I have had powerfull things happen w/o doing that. I don’t think crystals or imagery does anything. Although, when I focus strongly on my third eye chakra and close my eyes, I do tend to see an indigo color.

If your asking, you may be trying to heal yourself. Feel your consistant suffering so deep that it becomes bliss. This is how to ‘free’ a chakra.

Greets to Jeff n Dark Matter. Good crew m8’s…

Great post Void Infinite!

I too believe chakras are real because I’ve felt them. The fact that you haven’t seen any proof of them yet doesn’t prove anything, because

1. Science is still developping and new discoveries are made everyday. Current scientific equipment is not capable of discovering the chakras or auras (except perhaps for some strange techs, such as Kirlian photography, but that tech is highly questionable). Only when scientific tools gets more advanced it can search deeper into the field of matter, and eventually discover the more etheric matter, the domain of auras, chi and chakras. So give it some time :smile:

2. Science isn’t the Ultimate Truth, no matter how much hardcore scientists want to believe this. Because if it is, EVERYTHING would be reduced in terms of objects. However, ever since quantum mechanics and the new scientific paradigma have been developping, more and more scientists came to agree science perhaps isn’t everything…