Swallow saliva while sleeping?

While trying to get to SP i’m laying still but my throat dries up and i have an urge to swallow my saliva. Is it normal to swallow saliva while getting to SP … or will this keep the body awake?

Nope, it’s normal. Swallow it as though you would do in a dream. Your being to tense. Just relax, fall to sleep as normal, but consciously.

thanks for your reply, i guess i’m getting better sleeping on my back … i can actually close my eyes without opening them for more than 30 seconds :razz:

What I do to keep my mouth from drying up is keep my mouth shut while I breathe through my nose. If my nose is stuffy, I close my mouth partially, so my teeth are together but I can still breathe.

But you eventually have an urge to swallow, especially if it takes 25 minutes to induce SP :-\

i hate swollowing salava…
ones i start the salava just builds up and i have to swolla more fequently… its a problem, lol

so it takes 25 minutes to induce sp??
everytime i try sp i fall asleep within like 2 minutes, lol
if i try to fall asleep normally (before i knew anything aboud ld) it would take me about 30minutes to get to sleep

well i guess something good came out of it :wink:
i just need to practice sp :wink:

For me it can get very annoying to have to swallow saliva but after a while I completely forget about it. But there’s a lot more annoying thing that can happen. If you wake up during the night and your pillow is wet from drooling THAT’S annoying :panic: :scream:

Drinking water usually helps with the ‘swallowing saliva’ problem. That used to be one of my biggest hurdles, until i discovered for me, it was all in connection with how many pillows i slep on or more accurately the angle of the head and neck. As the need to swallow sometimes was caused by a need to reflex the swallowing muscles cos my neck was raised high, if you get what i mean.

Also might be because of the red theory. If someone tells you not to think about the color red, what do you think about?

X

i do that swallowing thing while awake but when im sleeping it all goes on my pillow, my arm/hand, or the bed! :cool_laugh:

Hmm, i’ll try drinking more water.

I sleep without using a pillow :-\ I can’t sleep with one