Male circumcision.

Well ■■■■ you buddy…

Pre-cum? What pre-cum? It doesn’t work as lube because I don’t produce it until right before I’m almost done, which takes far too long… you think I dont’ know my own body? Why are you so in favor of circumcision? You have the right to be but you shouldn’t ■■■■■■■ tell me what to think about what was done to my damned body, you don’t know a thing about it.

[size=200][color=red]If it wasn’t a big deal don’t you think I wouldn’t be complaining?[/color][/size]

are you that dense, have you read none of the links here? CIRCUMCISION CAN CAUSE DYSFUNCTION IN THE ADULT PENIS…

But why am I even addressing you, you’d know that if you read through the links… you shouldn’t be stating your opinion if you don’t bother to try to make it an informed one.

and plus you’d see that circumcision is dangerous and can cause complications at any age infants die from very small amounts of blood lost whereas an adult wouldn’t.

and anti-semitism? Are you a Jew? I’m not sure why you’d infer such things… it’s not anti-semitism, it’s anti-anyone who ■■■■■ with people’s bodies without their consent-ism.

People cry racist far too much… granted a lot of people still are but …
I mean it’s like you know, a white man makes a black joke and it’s racism, but a black man makes a white joke and it’s funny and acceptable…

Religions should be accepting of their criticisms, afterall they force their views upon others and demand respect, but respect works both ways.

First off, try an act like an adult.
Second off, I do agree with you on the consent issue. No doctor should ever perform sugury on someone without their/their parents consent. But you have to realize that doctors are required to do this for circumcisions too. They outline very clearly the risks and the benifits of the procedure before doing it.
Also, I’m not arguing in favor or against circumcisions. I’m just trying to say that it’s really just a small choice that really doesn’t matter. I mean, you’re going on this weird sensationalist crusade against it.
Btw, I’m not jewish, I’m an atheist.
Check out this unbiased website for the truth on circumcision:
https://kidshealth.org/parent/system/surgical/circumcision_p2.html

baconmastermind

I think the thing that holy reality is so outraged about is that doctors don’t give parents all the facts so they can make an informed decision. In many cases they don’t say anything about it at all. If you do not object to the procedure the it is just done.

Now holy reality may be on a crusade with this but, it sounds like a doctor did a number on him so, I can understand his anger. I would be angry. I am sure you would too if you were in the same situation.

damn, this is one long topic. I read about one or two pages, but then i got lazy and skipped the rest.

I just wanted to say that i was born in brazil and then came to america like around 1 years old. When i was like 4-6 years old(whenever age you are in kindergarden), I got circumsized. It was certainly a dramatic experience for me. To tell you the truth i didnt even know what the surgery was for untill AFTER the operation. When i took a look at what they did i was really really scared since there was blood all around my dick. I then stayed in bed for like a week straight and never left my bed, sleeping the whole damn time.

yup, thats my experience…so since you guys are debating about this crap and i have gone through this, feel free to ask me whatever question you want.

btw, i got these two scars from the operation and not sure why they made cuts up there. There are two scars/cuts that they made on my lower abdomen, just above where the pubic hair starts to grow. Anybody know what they did up there? O_o

Sounds to me like a hernia operation.

Are you sure you did not go in for a hernia or some other operation and then they figured while they are there they might as well …

That makes more sense to me.

hrm…i guess it could’ve been then. I dont even know what a hernia is. Care to enlighten me?

i just dont know. I have no memory whatsoever of anyone telling me what the surgery was for and i dont think i ever bothered to ask before or after. I just didnt think to much about it really. I could ask my mom or something, but that would be a weird moment for me. especially after about 11 years.

This truly is a horrible topic to disscuss, its very scary what people do.
I was never circumcised but I certenly think that this is a horrible and stupid thing to do. I agree that the doctors should be tortured for quite a while.

I can’t believe what people do sometimes, this makes me sick to the stomach.

Mystery

I think if it went how it should go, then it doesn’t really matter either way. Its mostly what you think is better personally. I think it comes down to the risks, which there isn’t many for either side. So yea, its really not needed. The worst your looking at is the 1% chance of getting cancer if you don’t get it cut. The std arguement is stupid though, its not going to save you if your having sex with someone who has stds. If it helps and you get lucky the first time it wont the second.

As for the desensitization, if you do it to often(or really hard to often) that is going to happen anyway. Well its not really desensitization but that your getting used to it. Now desensitization might be part of it but you have to take the other stuff into account.

Also 95% of the people who have had it down, would never do it as an adult. If your male you will know why, you don’t want anyone cutting down there. So even if you want it chances are your not going to “want” it. So its really when your born or not at all. Sadly you your parents can’t travel 20 years into the future to ask you which you would rather have.

I am new to this forum just checking it out and this is the funniest thread i have ever seen. i am curcumsised (or however its spelt) and i laugh at most of the stuff that written like he cant wack off dry thats bullshit for one. not to mention its all against it no for it. then not to mention the people that havnt had it done putting their input when they dont really have any idea. if i could go back in time i would still get it done but theres my input

Zypher, everyone has the right to express their oppinions on this, you can laugh at anything you want but my oppinion is:

MY body, MY choices, I had the same oppinion when I was 5 years old as I do now, I really don’t give a shit about age, if I knew about this site at 5 years old and saw this topic I would post the exact same basic comment.

Mystery

WARNING: Slighty Graphic Post

Well, here’s my 2 bits on male circumcision (since female circumcision is naturally OUT of the question here!!!): if a guy wants to get with me, he is going to have a MUCH more pleasant experience if he IS circumcised. The reason being, the way I am “shaped” for lack of better words, tends to pull back quite painfully on the inevitable extra skin on an uncircumcised penis. Since I prefer NOT to inflict too much unnecessary pain on my bed buddies, I gotta put in my vote for circumcised.

There is a REASON your born with hands and feet and a head, just like there is a REASON your born with an UNCIRCUMCISED penis, your not ganna cut of your hands right? so why cut off what your born with, if we didn’t need this skin we wouldn’t have it, simple as that!

Mystery

We’re born with our littlest toe, but we don’t need that.

who says we don’t? All the toes put together help get a grip on the ground, easier to keep balanced WITH the littlest toe :razz:

What we’re born with we need, nothing can change that, if we didn’t need it we wouldn’t be born with it, its a simple and straight forward as that.

Mystery

When you say the top 2/3: do you mean the area around the urinary exit or the area right above the “ring” of the corona?
Because i lost all sensitivity in the two thirds of my glans closest to the shaft. Does this mean that my dorsal nerves have been cut? :help:

Thanks.

I think that circumcision should not be decided by the parents. If a child wants to get circumcised later on that’s their choice, but as a new born they get NO choice. Also there is a lot of evidence on the medical disadvantages of cirumcision, but if you want part of your cock chopped off, that’s your business. But I wouldn’t.

People have a lot of self-destructive tendencies. I feel it might promote violence (later in life) against others and ruin a child trust towards his parents. It would ruin a child’s perception of himself and of his sexuality. Anyway, there aren’t too many benefits of doing so.

That varies from person to person. But actually alot of the circumsized people do have to use lube when masturbating. It is also a known fact that you lose sensitivity when you have been circumsized.

So what is the point then? all i can see i religious, traditional reasons left. It has absolutely no benefits, unless you actually dont clean/wash your penis as you should.

I have absolutely nothing against a adult chooising to circumsize themself, but forcing it upon a child is actually disgusting in my opinion. Both female and male circumsision is wrong and cruel when forced.

I’m an American mother of two sons. Neither of my boys are circumcised. I always thought that in the US, the practice was traditionally reserved for Jewish boys until WWII. At this time, the US Government encouraged people - even adult males to get circumcised in an attempt to control venerial disease. I live in an area with a large military base and a progressive university. In this area, only about 50% of the male babies undergo this mutilation. Most of those babies are from military families. It seems to me that there are great pressures for military families to conform to a very strict mold. There are a lot of young fathers especially who are afraid that their sons will look different from the other kids in the locker room and get teased.
In this country we tend to do a lot of things that don’t make a lot of sense. We are not generally motivated by logic. The prevalence of formula feeding infants is another example. The norm here is to try breastfeeding for a week or two and then switch to formula. If a mother does nurse her baby, it rarely extends past six months. It is rare to find an infant who was breastfed for a year, and almost unheard of to nurse past 12 months. Needless to say, I’ve been considered a social misfit (even by my doctor) because I did not concent to have my sons genitals mutilated and nursed both past 12 months.
So there you have it - many Americans are hillbilly idiots, but not all of us.

Whoa! Wait a sec!.. :lol:

/me :hugs: CK.

That post was… well, very educational, and I mean this straight, but wow woman! :happy: Don’t hate the place that much. I can see why you would feel outcast and indeed forced to adequate yourself to, well, medieval ritualia. But this kind of overall attitude will get people to alien you out even more, and then you won’t be able to spread your word properly. In order to do politics, in the best interest of the kids who are mutilated all over the place, I ask you to consider a more giving tone of voice… diplomacy, contrary to popular belief, is war — a cold war for reason — and in order not to lose it, you must not, ever, allow yourself to lose your mind. :smile:

That said, I proceed to contradicting myself. DreamAddict expressed, in his first post, concern about how Eyelids had delivered his opinions. One of his points was that Eyelids had made the post so that it would be more effective as a “one more reason to hate the Yanks” post to foreigners than as a mean to help change locally. I beg to disagree. Politics is done by whatever means are necessary and sometimes international embarrassment will just do the trick. In your position, I’d rather shame-on-you at the people who said “see, that’s why I say Yanks are a bunch of brainless morons” than frown at Eyelids’ attitude itself.

There are two things at play in this discussion: the most embarrassing situation which is culturally-generalised circumcision, and the xenophobia people direct at the United States. This being a topic about the former, and not the later, I’d like to firstly reprimend, damn seriously, all the acts of xenophobia posed by forum members in this topic, and secondly ask for everyone to drop that subject and refrain from discussing it in this topic. And that said, I move back to circumcision, which is the rightful subject of this topic.

I have only skimmed the replies, and having ignored 70% of the posts for the reasons stated above, I’m left with few relevant posts. Firstly, I’d like to say I agree completely with Chris and Q: no form of operation should be done to a child unless strictly necessary and, moreover, it should not be a parent’s choice whether or not their child will grow up mutilated, whatever the reason, but in fact the child’s choice — when they’re old enough to make that choice.

In that sense, there is a very strong dialogue between the ideas posed in this last posted by CK, and DA’s replies. CK’s post implies the lack of circumcision is a source of great embarrassment for the parents and the child, to the point of casting out those people. DA, in a more pondered tone, points out that “most of the reasons” for circumcisions are “cosmetic”. Isn’t he saying just the same as CK after all? The word cosmetic shares its root with the word cosmos: it’s from Ancient Greek, and translates roughly as “orderly, correct”. In which sense whatever is “not cosmetic” is to be taken as “disordered, wrong”.

DA himself points out how people in the United States are actually embarrassed of being uncircumcised, assigning to that the values: “unattractive, gross”. How horrible is that? The fact that it’s such a commonsense value that it was not untill a couple of years ago (that is, after this topic’s heyday) that it was made illegal for hospitals to add circumcision to the “standard procedures” — effectivelly requiring all doctors to always check with the parents first. This is really serious. And what about the people who will make their kids go though this — without anesthesia! — because they’re afraid their kids will have to put up with great embarrassment otherwise. Because the only good reason for circumcision is cosmetic, that is to say, aesthetic: because it is implied by the culture that an uncircumcised penis is gross.

I think this is a very serious issue, and I’d like to say I too am horrified that it’s indeed so disseminated in the States. I’d like to applaud CK for being a brave mother and for standing up for her beliefs, an attitude which should only inspire pride, and happiness. And once again before the end of this post, I’d like to leave my glare towards anyone who wishes to polarise this topic into a Yank xenophobia parade.