Dreamed that I had a lucid dream...

I think my brain is trying to fool me. Last night I had a dream that was like a lucid dream, but I’m not so sure. I did the plug my nose reality check, and I could still breath, but something just didn’t seem right.

If it really was a lucid dream, I would have tried to do much more than I actually did. I would have tried looking at my hand, rubbing my hands, spinning, but not one of those things even entered my mind.

I started off in a bed, in a funny looking room. The room looked like it was sketched with a pencil. Anyways I got up, did the nose RC, and then I saw my step-sisters cat. I tried to make it disappear, but it wouldn’t go away. I went through a door, into this white room, where there was this old lady laying in a bed. I wanted to make her young again, so I waved my hand and she turned into a certain girl I knew from high school and had feelings for. I got really close to her and she said “You’re taking away from me the one I love” or something to that affect, and I woke up.

I’m pretty sure I just had a dream in which I was having a lucid dream.

You can’t fool me! Stupid brain…

I’ve had several dreams where I had conversations with people about lucid dreaming in detail for a long time and never became lucid. I’ve also dreamt I was having a lucid dream like you did. Very annoying…

Yea, I’m more interestes in what the girl said :happy:

Ok, if I didn’t know that what she said came from your head, I would have said that she know you like her but doesn’t wanna hurt your feelings. But it DID come from your head. I’m guessing you think she likes someone else, or doesn’t feel for you the way you do about her.

Sorry, off topic :happy: Yea, dreaming you are lucid can be real annoying.

I’m sure she has no feelings for me. We haven’t talked in almost a year, so that pretty much says it. I once thought she was interested in me, but I was too scared to do anything about it.

I guess I’m good at that: Letting important moments just slip past me.

What is that technique?

That reality check is when you hold your nose when you think you’re dreaming. If you can still breath even though you’re holding your nose, then you’re dreaming.

I guess that can’t work for me. Because, funny enough i cannot breathe through my nose at all. So maybe i’ll cover my mouth up instead.

I dreamt that I was Lucid as well this morning. I was standing still as this supernatural multi-colored light becamues treaming up from underneath me. And it was like an understood part of becoming lucid. It was almost like the magics effects in a final fantasy game or something. :happy:
Then I woke up.

Your brain does not have a mind. That is to say, it isn’t trying to fool you. You were just thinking about lucid dreams (perhaps what you would do if you had one) a lot the previous day, and it came up as a topic in your dreams.

Just my opinion. :content:

I had a semi-weird experience last night. I had a false-awakening. I woke up in my bed, in the daylight. I did an RC by looking at my hands, and I noticed I had ~7 fingers. I realized it was a dream, but it was still weird.

First I tried jumping through my window to get outside. In my mind I had the intention of just “ghosting” through it, but it didn’t work. I bounced back off it multiple times, and finally the whole thing just fell out backwards. Eventually I tried to fly, and couldn’t do that either, even though I usually can. Repeatedly during this dream I checked my hands (and they were always shaped funny), rubbed my hands together, and tried spinning (since I wanted to be another place). I believe I screwed up and lost my lucidity by closing my eyes whilst spinning.

When I woke up, it felt like I had been in a deeper level of conciousness than my dreaming usually is. It’s hard to describe, but it felt like I had passed through two barriers… >_O

I think that if you are just doing things in your dream and not doing them CONCIOUSLY (like you conciously choose to go to LD forums instead of checking your e-mail, for example, because you CALCULATE conciously what to do next), then it’s false LD.

If you act conciously and recognize that it is a dream, then it’s LD. It’s LD even if some things are not working (for example you are unable to fly even if you want to).

Also for me the context is also different in LD than in ND (brighter colors, and more “pixels” in my LDs :tongue: ). But it can be related also to different levels of lucidity, of course.

Like 2 nights ago i acted like a lucid dreamer fighting with my training partner. But something was missing. Maybe it was low level LD, but i still think that it was more ND, than LD.

Anyone want to correct me?

Tonight, my tired mind was fooled too many times, even if i did the usual MILD thing between REM-s.

My last dream in the morning was pretty close. I was talking with someone about LD-s. He said that as you are god in LDs, why don’t you have sex with every girl you see there? I replied that if i am god in LD, then one aspect of being god is to chose not to do certain things and that i prefer to have sex in LDs voluntarily, not to force it even if those are my DC-s. At the same time i stared at earthworms who looked like big snakes twisted with each other.

The irony is: talking about LD and staring on impossible creatures in ND and having no clue that it might be actually a dream. Stupid brain! :tongue:

theres a few minor explanations - its either an FLD (false lucid dream) - it was a matter of impulse (based on a thread by Siiw (I think) in QFL section of the forum) as to why you did what you did, I plan to do things and dont actually do them - depends upon your environment - the other explanation is that it was an LD - congratulations! :happy:

• Silva

Anyway, seems that my mind felt guilty of itself, because tonight for a first time of my LD history i started to THINK why it is a bit absurd what i’m seeing, and i realized that it is a dream :razz: :boogie:

I love the nose RC
Tis truly great
I love the feeling
It has my vote for greatest RC
If you do the hands one sometimes I have ‘lost’ my hands or they have turned into a useless jelly or they are huge.
Or the count fingers one, Try typing with 20 fingers or with 4 fingers.
Electronics usually work for me in LDs too so thats not a good sign for me.

Damn it! Tricked again!..I think.

Last night, I had another dream that seemed like an LD, but something about it just didn’t seem right. Before going to sleep, my goal in the dream was to dance with a certain girl. So the dream begins, I’m not lucid at first, but eventually I just say “I’m dreaming…”. So I’m in a school, and I want the next room I walk into to be a dance floor, but I don’t really know too much about what a dance floor looks like.

I walk into the next room, and the floor is different, some kind of colored tile. Anyway, I wish for this girl to appear behind me, and she does, but something about her doesn’t seem right. She just didn’t look quite the same. I turned around again and wished for her again, and when I turned around she looked a bit more like her, but something was still off. Anyway, we start dancing and I say “I love you” and she says “What?”. If you saw my topic in the Quest for Lucidity section, you know her saything that really worried the hell out of me. I thought it was going to be a repeat of the last. I say “I love you” again, but this time she says “Aw, I love you too,” and hugs me. End dream.

I would have enjoyed the dream more if she actually looked in the dream as she did in real life. The oddness about her is what makes me question whether this was a true LD or not. Everything thing the occurred in it was exactly as I had been expecting it to be. EXACTLY. Plus, I couldn’t even fly. I tried, but no luck.

man its all interpretation, I have houses I know I live in (in the dream world) but are nothing like my house in RL - same with DC’s members of family can look completely different…