Gay marriage.

Dreamscrpaer, can you please be more polite about what you say. I fidn what you have said to be very offending, and I am sure nightowl, who is confident of his sexuality, also finds it offending.

Please fidn me references to scientific results, including statistics to back up your statement. I am no mroe mental than you (infact, probably less).

Yes, I like being bi becauseI get to be confused and also I love the gried that people like you give me

Tell me how this works? Either your happy or your not. Full stop. The emotion “happyness” is set on a scale between happiness, and unhappiness. What you feel is where you are set. You cannot delude your self because then the emotion chanegs and so does it’s setting.

I think you aught to stop actign so childishyl and be more polite. Who is to say soemone is out of their mind?

Are you homosexual? No. Therefore you are unable to know this. Show me direct scientific evidence, backed up with results.

Show me links and statistics to backup these results. I know for a fact that these reuslts are wrong. Are you saying i WANT to be bi. Now you are “out of your mind”.

No, gay boyfriends try to visit you because they want to have sex in hospital.

Why else do you think gays try to visit each other in hospital?

What am I then? If I am not a person, does that make me robotic in my personality?

We could go on, but I rather you take a good look at what you are sayign and see that your facts are wrong. You are not gay, so therefore you have no idea what it is like. Only gays, and logic can truely let you know what being gay is like.

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control are not natural.

Grrr, nightowl beat me to it!

Lol. Watch what you say DreamScraper. You don’t have to phrase it as to make it offensive.

P.S: Try stopping “inputs” now.

Sorry about my spelling.

This was studied extensively by the psychiatric community and found not to be the case. I am not one to put much faith in studies. However, if there is one group that would want to add something to their list of disorders so they can provide treatment it’s the psychiatric community. If it does not pass with them you can be assured it is not a psychiatric problem.

I believe that statement to be completely false. But, that is just my belief. Lets assume for argument sake you are correct. Well, many opposite sex couples get married for reasons that have nothing to do with love. Some just for companionship, obligation, financial reasons are just a few. Under your theory we should test opposate sex couples before allowing them to get married to make sure they love each other.

Lol. Techno gets probes out proding any couples that walk by…

An it harm none, do what ye will.

I live in Missouri, and a couple months ago, there was a vote put up that included (among other things) an amendment to our state’s constitution to ban gay marriage. It passed, and it didn’t just scrape by either, there was definitely more support for it. 71% in favor of it, meaning it won by about 40%. :bored: I don’t see WHY it shouldn’t be allowed…

I don’t see why it shouldn’t either.

I think these states that are passing amendments to their constitutions will eventually be overturned.

Hear is an interesting up date. It happened a while ago but, I just now got around to posting it.

The state of Louisiana passed a state constitutional amendment to ban not only same sex marriage ban but, also included civil unions. Their justification for doing so was they pointed to the Netherlands which has civil unions. Not just for same sex couples but, for all couples. They argued that more “straight”people in the Netherlands are opting for civil unions over marriage. They said that marriage was the back bone of democracy and had to be protected. Funny I thought freedom was. Anyway, a judge threw out the amendment do to the broad language in the amendment.

I think gay marriage should be alowed, all human biengs should be afforded the same rights, no matter how immoral ignorance percieves homosexuality to be…
However, im wondering if the real question here is not “how do you feel about gay marriages” but how do you feel about gays displaying traditional heterosexual marriage affection in front of there children,
im not saying this is right or wrong, and some might be for or against it, also this might be up to the discretion of the homosexual person involved because said person might want their children to grow up “just like mommy or daddy”
however homosexuality is not a universaly excepted thing yet, especialy not by the younger crowd, meaning preteen years,
i mean what are your views about a child growing up with homosexual parents, will this cause trouble for this child in school or with his friends? maybe put idea’s in a growing childs head that might confuse that child into not realy knowing his sexual prefrence?
i mean these are all legitamate question’s and there are all kinds of other sub-questions that could be asked as well.
i would like your views on this,
i for one am against puplic dispalys of affection for hetero, homo, necro, wutevrTF you roll with, especialy in front of kids, im not saying im against holding hands or kissing on the cheek or maybe playfuly grabbing my girls A** in front of my kids, but some ppl dont care who’s around, and i think this sets a bad exsample, besides kids love to imitate, and they might imitate somthing they see that might bring them controversy…
i dont know…what do you think?

Where did Dreamscaper go? It would have been interesting for him to follow through with what he started. Atleast he could have provided us with what he promised so that we could come up with our own conclusions.

Anyhow, what do I think of gay marriage. To Each His Own!!! If someone is happy with a mate whatever their gender than let them be. What I’m about to say is really hard for me because I have beliefs in my religion but against it in so many ways. (if that makes any sense)

Marriage is so big and important for any type of organized religion. It’s a union that is blessed by “God”. The fact that Mary never married God, had his child and raised him without his biological dad being around makes me question why the church and organized religions believe it has to be a certain way. We can’t live with a s/o because that’s just wrong???. I’m getting a little off topic here.

But what I believe is that they should be allowed to marry. The government has made it possible to remove praying during school and other things deemed religious. So why not remove the religion part of it out of marriage. Let it be! If they are making positive contributions to this world then let them get married. I think society has too much imput on our lives. What wrong message is someone going to get by being raised by same sex parents? They’ll be loved in the same way hetero parents love them. They’ll be disciplined the same way too. It is up to those of us that are more open-minded to look past people’s gaukings and teach our own children that they are in love, point blank. They are two humans that care deeply for each other and want to be happy.

It’s not for us to judge anymore. It’s for us to make a difference for the kids of our future so that there isn’t anymore prejudice. But in the same token if my daughter came home and told me she had a g/f, I don’t know what I’d do. :shy:

How sacred is marriage when people got married to cover up their homosexuality? How healthy is that for someone’s mental well being? To me that would be the only psychological problem. The fact that they had to cover up and pretend to be someone else in order to please society.

They deserve the same rights heterosexuals do. If you stood a homo and hetero next to each other and cut them. They’d both bleed the same color.

PDA in excess is just uncalled for regardless of sexual preference.

All i have to say is…

Who is aNy1 to say that gay marriage should or should not be accepted?..If im correct bush is againt it…well who is HE to say anything about it? Just because hes the “presidenT” (and hopefully not 4 long) he can say if its accepted or not?! Whats IS that?!

We have gay marriage in Belgium since a few years but some people went to court because they wanted to end gay marriage. Yesterday the court decided their arguments were plain wrong and they lost their case :content:

Ppl have a hard time excepting change, they want everything to stay the same so they dont have to deal with the change…
Our times are changing, what ever change is happening we have to except cus its going to happen no matter how much we protested against it, or how much we hate it or dont like it,
who knows if gay marriage is moraly wrong, it dosent matter if it is or not, its still going to happen, look at all the moraly wrong things that are going on today and it has become almost common place and we dont protest it anymore…
look at all the things that we choose to ignore…
ppl just need something to complain about cus they need to feel apart of a voice, but when they get tired of complaining, they just forget it or ignore it and it becomes an everyday thing…
The belief system for the ppl of today does not count anymore because our children are growing up with a different belief system…
wether you like it or not, the future for them will be a very different place, just like our present today would be a shock for the ppl of yesterday…
we all need to just get along and love each other no matter what,
not judging one another…
we are all powered by the same energy, only our belief system makes us different.
How can a person thats not gay, understand anything about bieng gay,
I for one dont understand what a gay person feels, but i except that person for who they are not there sexual preference, mainly because i know that the human mind is a complex thing.
Another thing is, who knows who or what we realy are without our body’s, alot of who we are is based on belief, and sexual preference is part of our belief system, personal belief systems have to be respected, there shouldnt even be a vote on this subject …

konnart

Excellant post :smile:

thnx…

Well, that’s how it goes.
In my country still nothing about it, but what is important here are opinions: People generaly starts to accept gays as normal people in any other way except not having same sexual preferences as maiority claims to have(in these words). Also I noticed that more people refuse to look into inner self so there are so called latent homosexuals. In that group is the largest number of anti gay oriented people. This is one and only truth. Someone heterosexual doesn’t have an urge to grow such strong feelings of animosity against gay mariage.
On the other side, it can’t be treated the same as traditional mariage, which goes along with reproductive ability. I vote for GM, but it has to be treated different, not the same as TM. Puting all in the same basket is confusing anyhow.

Marriage has nothing to do with reproductive ability. It is a contractual agreement that is all. Nowhere in that contract does it say anything about reproduction.

you might find that alot of ppl have this way of thinking,
“oh its ok but” “ya they can get married but” etc etc,
i think that if your going to be for something you have to be totaly for it if not then be totaly against it…

ok, you’re right, it should be made equal, cause it is a contract agreement.
How not to put but in this one.
Anyway marriages differ from time to time and from region to region, so when finaly it get legal it will evolve on its own.

Continued from another thread:

5-10% of the world are homosexuals, (pureintimacy.org/gr/homosexu … 000058.cfm

If the average lifespan of a human is 80, and the age is spread out evenly, then 22.5% of the world are under 18

Which of the frequently, both socially and officially discriminated groups is an need of help more urgently?