From Dream recall to lucid dreaming

:peek:

Beginners are adviced to learn to remember their dreams before trying to get lucid dreams. But when do one change the focus from dreamrecall to lucid dreaming?

I just started dream recalling and my dream journal 4 days ago. I remember about 3-4 dreams every night. Mostly in great detail (I’ve even started remembering dreams from months back). This is pretty awesome by itself, but I’m wondering how long I should go on with this before I try to achieve lucidity? How do I find out when it’s time? And how is the transition done?

Any reply is of course appreciated

WOW that is awesome dream recall. It sounds to me like you are ready to start some induction techniques. Have you thought about what tech you like to try first.

Also, don’t forget to analyze your dreams. Don’t just write them down then forget about them. You want to get to know what your dreams are like and get a list of dreamsigns together.

Stephen LaBerge says 1 dream a night. You’re damn good. :razz:

Check the Induction Techniques section in the wikibook to find something good. There are a few other techniques around, too, such as the hand one (check Quest).

Happy lucidity! I’m confident in you. :content:

Doba start doing mild and read also a lot about lds before sleeping.

Your dreamrecall is very good!
Let us hear how all goes with dreaming and if your making progress!

Jeff

Thanks guys. Be sure i’ll let you know when a make any further progress

We be glad to hear it Doba :smile:

Wow, you have awesome Dream Recall! You’re evil :razz: lol j/k But yea, I’d start some induction technique. Like Jeff said, probably MILD.

I started to get LD-s before i started to keep dream diary (actually i started with diary only 1 month ago). Seems that i have had pretty good dream recall even w/o diary (i would not miss to remember what i did in my LD when i wake up from it). So i puzzled a bit about diary’s function for me. So far i have found only one function so far as it might serve my LD ability: to check for frequent dream signs in my ND’s and to recall them in MILD before i go to sleep hoping that when i see my dream signs i will be reminded that it can be a dream. So far it worked for me at least once.

Am i correct on this that there are only 2 main functions of dream diary as far as it serves ability to LD:

1. To improve your dream recall
  2. To find out what your dream signs are.

Or are there some more functions what i might missing? Thanks :smile:

When we talk about dream recall in this forum we’re usually thinking about NDs, not LDs.

It’s ok, because remembering ND-s can also function for purely analyzing yourself later when you analyze your ND-s. But my question was about those functions of ND recall that might serve the purpose to induce LD. Like the topic says: from dream recall to lucid dreaming :smile:

I’m sure there are many functions of a dream diary that make it hard to label it with a list, but I notice a few that were missing.

A dream diary is just like a real life diary. People obviously can remember their life from day to day, but after weeks or years go by reading over their diary can refresh memories of the past.
so I would add:
3. to log your dreams in permanent form.

Also, at times when I read over my dreams of the past, I can see how my dreams have evolved. I can understand more of why I might have dreamt those dreams then, and I can see how I have developed my dream/lucid abilities. So I also add:
4. to learn more about myself, and my progress with dreaming/lucidity.

… but these are just a few of the benefits of a dream diary. Both of which are beneficial to even a person with “perfect” recall.

Doba, as many have already answered your dream recall is great and you shouldn’t be holding back advancing to the next level! :happy:
My basic advice to a beginner is to work with a dream diary long enough to find some basic “common dream theme/symbols.”
For example; once someone notices they dream of “loose teeth” or “nude in school” … then they can try a technique that involves noticing these signs. Such as the MILD method. :smile:

Goodluck!

0_0
Thats really high level DR.
I remember about 1 dream a night but some nights I can’t rembmer a thing. and others I can remember upto 4

Once, on a weekend, I had a serise of 5 WBTB after a 50 hour sleep dep and recorded 11 dreams (and had 3 LDs :smile:)