Does anyone have dreams related to anime?

I am suprised that I don’t dream of anime more often judging by how much I watch it. I did have one .hack dream before though that was very interesting. It was interesting because it had the color shading of an anime or video game, but I was in it first person with two other friends. We all had our characters that looked sort of like our real self, but slightly different. I was a twin blade and I had the ability to data drain like Kite. I remember we went through this infected dungeon and we ended up running into Skeith. We fought him in an intense battle and when I had the opportunity, I data drained him. At this point, the dreams color and vividness intesified greatly as the whole environment turned into a background of static and color as the bracelet expanded and projected the attack towards him.

I love how the detail of anime based dreams can posses a certain vividness that no other dreams have.  :content:

i have seen sephiroth in my dreams, but i wasnt realy there, more like watching a movie or game…
i’ve had precog dreams of games, that were released several years later, and i recently dreamt of Neo-Bahamut from FF7…it looked like the movie actually, so i think we might be able to see neo-bahamut in FF7-AC!! kewl!! :wink:
um, and yeah, i dreamt of the fight scene betwean Buu, and Gotenks in the hyberbolic timechamber 10 years ago or something…thats 5-7 years before o knew of DBZ!

LOL, ive just started playing FFVII, have yet to dream about it…hehe, dreaming precog of games and anime…and i thought i was a fan…you are true fans! *im not worthy!

well i cant wait for FF7-AC to come out, so i guess thats why i dreamt of it :smile:
i think i had the same dream twice too! i saw aerith riding neo-bahamut…i think that was it… :eh:

Since I’ve been disturbed so much during my sleep these days, nearly all my dream characters are catoony. Since all I do is watch anime, all of them are anime ppl. I’m not arguing lol!

I like cowboy bebop, NGE, trigun, orphan and tokyo 2040 is also cool, but never had any dreams about them, I did although, make up my own anime in my dreams completaly unrelated to any of the once I watched, in my dreams I like to let my imagination run wild and make my own stuff up.

mystery

I had two with Vash from Trigun. And one where I was Spike from Cowboy Bebop that took place in the desert.

The only animation heroes ever gotten into my dream are, certainly, Simpsons, and I’ve had three or four of such dreams. I don’t know why I never saw anything like this before, in my childhood, when I watched more cartoons than now :confused: . I think that’s because of their schematic appearance which is easier to remember and reproduce in a dream, but, probably, I just didn’t remember my dreams those days.
However, I never thought dreams with cartoon heroes could become lucid! That was for me one of the reasons to be against various electronic gadgets to tell you that you are dreaming. I thought, if you are in a drawn world and don’t notice it, you must be unlikely to remember who you are really. Well, I will do RC every time I see Lisa Simpson…
By the way, such dreams never were purely “cartoon”, all I have had were mixed: cartoon/book, featured film/cartoon, cartoon/3D…

I’ve had three anime-ish dreams.

In one of them, which was aaages ago, I was Sonic the Hedgehog but in my body, Tails came down from a ship and we walked to a park where we saw an evil robotic duck… yeah… the robotic duk turned out to be my mum, she then proceeded to kill me.

The other two of my dreams were trailers for Kingdom Hearts 2, I’m obsessed! In one of them I remember Sora flying around on a carpet and seeing loads of hooded dudes with red hair. In the other one, it was amazing, there was a witch on a planet who blew it up and sent Sora, Donald and Goofy to some other world, two of those “Unknown” guys fighting which was a totally awesome scene, and then Sora on a motorbike. I woke up hoping Kingdom Hearts 2 would turn out to be at least half as good as my dream looked.

I’m really sorry for posting my previous message – I see it was extremely stupid. But as posting a message with an explanation and nothing more is a pure example of BSP, I’ll write some more stuff on the topic. :shy: First, I understood why I have no anime dreams when I was small: we just had a b/w TV set those days, and black and white cartoons don’t seem to be very inspiring. :smile: Second, I remembered one more dream where I watched anime on the TV. It was not like any film I had ever seen, and it was extremely stupid, as the whole dream was, but it was definitely anime-styled. The heroes were several boys and a girl – their sister or something like that – with long snake-like tresses. In that dream I saw two series, and every one finished the same way. They all would get into big trouble, the girl would say: “There is no way out” and cry, and then one of the boys would think out something and say: “And can you do this or that”, I don’t remember what. The girl would say “Certainly I can”, and they would win. I’m sure I never saw anything like that, because nothing can be so stupid and exist in real life.

I guess I should add a bit. I had one dream with Vash (from Trigun) in it. He was just walking around or something. It was like I was watching a movie… Now that I think about it, he was completely 3D. I think it was pretty interesting because I didn’t even see any episodes, just a few pictures.

I had a full anime dream one time, I think my only one. Had anime characters but not related to any particular anime. I’ll post it outta my DD but it’s long so don’t read it if you don’t want to :content: (Fair warning :wink: )
“This was a strange dream as the whole thing was in anime cartoon style. I wish I could be lucid in one of these dreams and get a better look at the world like this.
The dream started with me in a house I considered to be my own. I was upstairs with an old woman known simply as “Grandma”. She was explaining how she was making preperations for a holiday (mighta been cinco de mayo), by buying what she called an “ancient concoction” known as “tequila”. She spilled some on my arm while she was pouring it, I licked it off (tasted great). And I heard a familiar voice calling me from downstairs. I walked downstairs into the kitchen to be confronted by Faye Valentine from the anime “Cowboy Bebop” asking me to wash the dog with her cause he was smelly for one reason or another.
We went outside and as we were preparing to hose the dog down I noticed a shadowy figure, like the mothman with six wings. He said something I don’t remember but I think it was something about how he was the Angel’s Rest and that he couldn’t prevent some disaster from happening. Faye and I hear a strange sound, so we walked around to the front of the house. I turned to see a huge tidal wave coming down the street, sweeping people and objects up as it came along. Before we could run we too were swept away. We were carried through the streets and eventually we somehow ended up in a weak wood boat. We were carried down the flow until it looked like we were about to go down a street where the water shallowed out and waved back. We both breathed a sigh of relief but right before we went down that path I guess we hit a wave and it turned us toward a straight dropoff. We panicked and frantically tried to paddle the other way.
We failed and fell off the newly created waterfall. We crashed into a dry, fenced grassy yard of a big building which I understood to be a library. As I crawled out of the wreckage of the boat I noticed a man reading a book under one of the few solitary trees in the courtyard. I walked over towards him and asked “What are you doing at the library reading books at a time like this !?” He grinned and said something about how he was reading about the Angel’s Rest and how that’s the reason this all happened. For some reason I felt like nobody should know about that, and it had to be kept a secret. Faye immediately started denying calling him crazy unconvincingly. I sat down next to him, facing away from him, and lit up a ciggarette (in retrospect, I wonder how it didn’t get wet?). “Your wrong, it’s not like that!” I said, he snorted slightly and said “Ha, you never were a good liar, I can always tell.””

I’ve only ever once dreamt in ‘cartoon’ and that was a couple of months ago as a test while being lucid. The whole dream wasn’t a cartoon but when I became lucid it was towards the beginning of the night (which I think is unusual) and as a result the dream lasted for AGES and never seemed in danger of fading; so I decided to to a few tests here and there. One of these was looking into a mirror (I’ve already done the walking through mirrors thing) and my reflection was there, and fairly accurate I think, but really wobbly as if the mirror image was shaking and leaving wierd outlines, similar to watching a 3d film with your glasses not on properly. Anyway, whilst doing that I thought to myself “I wonder if I can make a dream cartoony” cos I’d never heard of it before reading this forum. So I tried, and the first animated thing which came into my head was, for some reason, Aladdin (I think it’s because it had just been released on DVD and there were billboard adverts for it scattered about everywhere such as on my way to work). Well I tried it and it worked, everything in the bar I was in at the time (where the mirror was) went all Aladdiny but not intensely and it didn’t last very long, like moving your TV aerial about and picking up a signal, but as soon as you let go of the aerial and sit down to watch it you just get static again! Anyway, I didn’t persue this as it was just a test at the time and I thought it wouldn’t get any better than that. I’ll try harder next time, and maybe something better than Aladdin.

I did have a star wars dream once, light saber included. Not a lucid dream or cartoon/anime dream but it rocked anyway!

:happy: When I used to watch Rurouni Kenshin, I had an anime dream about being a samurai, and the guy I was fighting had I light saber that I later took from him.

I had a lightsaber AGAIN just last night and I DIDN’T become lucid. WHY??!? Nevermind, was still a good dream!

I used to have a lot of dreams involving TV characters when I was younger, but for some reason, now I am having a heck of a time trying to get anime characters into my dreams. I think I had the gang from Tenchi Muyo in one dream for a very short time, thats about it.

I think I am going to start driving anime theme songs into my head every night before I go to sleep. I gotta get Shayla-Shayla from ElHazard in one of them. :clown:

-Stanky

I don’t dream cartoon/animie much, though sometimes I want to dream about Wolf’s Rain.

I dream about movies every now and then, though. :content:

Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence

I’ve seen myself and friends done out in full anime style but never manga. Only happened once and the dream finished on one of those sort’ve painted panels you get at the end of a chapter in an anime show, like them all walking off into the sunset or something. Was pretty cool, though my hair changed totally, far longer and more standy up

Yes, I must admit I have had dreams in anime a few times. It is more often the case that I dream about them, but they look like real life characters rather than anime. Humorously enough, I’ve dreamt more often in Japanese than I have in anime…

My most recent one was about Tenshi na Konamaiki.