SP every day from when I started, but no LDs...yet.

Basically, I found out about Lucid Dreaming a few days ago, probably 4 days.
Since then i’ve been madly researching it, coming on this forum, browsing topics, and contacting experienced dreamers.
Every night, i’ve had strong and mild sleep paralysis, sometimes just tinglings in my feet.
I get the buzzing noise in my ears, but I always doze off to sleep, getting no LDs.
Yesterday night I tried “The Counting Method”, where you say to yourself “1, i’m dreaming. 2, i’m dreaming…” etc.
I keps losing count, and realising that after counting a few times, I was whispering to myself, again, no lucidity.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jem.

Hmm, this is definitely something not to be rushed.
I heard about lucid dreaming just before the summer started, and I’ve had about 20 since. That is actually a very large amount of LD s to have. Be patient, for some people it comes quickly, for others not. Find your thing by reading about other’s techniques, or create your own. It’s all up to you.

Good luck

`Slyde

Thanks for your reply,
I think i had my first LD last night…it was strange, it seemed faint, but it was definitely an LD.
I tried spinning around, to change scene, but that didn’t work.
When I went into my living room, there was no furniture in it.
My mum appeared but she seemed completely real.
I tried to get morphius to appear in an armchair, but it didn’t work…
I’m hoping it was an LD, unless I was dreaming ABOUT having an LD? Seems unlikely that i’d dream about having an LD though.
Thanks,
Jem :smile:

I’m in the same boat as weezer, I just have had ~30 really shitty LDs (not counting FAs) and 2 good LDs… :sad:

I had my first LD last night! :cool_laugh: (26th September 2004)
Im making a dream diary, so check in there if you want to see how it went.
Thanks for your replies.