Auras...

What sort of ehm on going of life you believe then in, what sort of afterlife?

You seem to imply that without talent, you simply will never see auras.
Why is it hard to believe that your neurological pathways can adapt and learn to see auras?

I’m talking from my own experience, where I couldn’t see auras before reading some ‘how to see auras’ articles.
By and large those articles seem pretty full of rubbish, but I did learn to see auras. Not well, but its there…

Placebo u can learn to see aura’s yes but not all will be able to learn that.
Then its also not so black and white that its you c an aura or you dont!
Because even when you c aura’s there are many levels how well you see and experience them! And the base for seeing or how well you experience an aura comes from born talent and not from a book or a tech.
so my point is a tech or practise to see auras is a subtile step forwards but for a huge step u either have the talent or not!

And thats with all things the case.
Give ppl a brush and paint, tell them technically how to paint, and still because of the difference of talent not all will become top artists.
Thats also for lucid dreaming, its for all things.
Or take meditation, we all can learn it yes, but not all at the same level.
you will c if you take like 1000 ppl you get grades of talents those ppl will belong to. and not like you teach them perfect and then all share same level. There is something like talent, and we differ at those, thats reality.
humans have not the same talent for all things and learning can only make a difference to a certain point. But here in the west we are taught fast food spirituality and that we all can do it…like telepathy, seeing auras, meditation etc.
But the case is it isnt so black and white.
Well i hope u understand what i tried to make clear to you!

So dont get me wrong, i dont mean all cant learn from tech, and learning is impossible or has no vallue, my point is more see how relative it is and dont think you all can gain the same perspective in seeing auras because you learn tech how to do it.
I also know ppl who tried to learn it and still have no success.
And like you there are that could be learned, but then again there is even for those who can see auras different levels at how well they experience an aura. So learning can never compensate totally for that lack of talent or the difference in talent between ppl.
Still new age forums dont like that because then u say that for some it will be out of reach! and yes thats a fact! That you were able to learn it to see aura’s to some degree doesnt mean all can!

sorry for being critical! :smile:
Was not to bug you just wanted to give you an honest view on things.

Oh, no hard feelings :wink:
I didn’t take it as harsh criticism, simply a difference of views.

I do agree though, that talent has a big factor to play… but I disagree that no amount of practice can save him from becoming a master at it.
It would simply take a whole lot more practice than the next person.

For that matter, LD’s are similar but not quite as tough. If someone finds it difficult, they may begin to wonder if they are doing it correctly or are even possible of it, and eventually lose hope. But I strongly believe anyone can master it. Its just that some will take longer than others.

And in the case of auras, it would make it much much harder to know if they are doing the right thing or not… and the leap to seeing an aura vs not seeing it is a whole lot bigger.
Hence those who just can’t seem to get it right

Yes Placebo :smile: time in relation to practise plays an important role at all that we do. I agree with most you say here. But trust me a really paranormal gifted person not just sees the aura but also feels what it means, so has more depth in his/her experience of seeing/experiencing aura from others.
so talent alsways will make some difference. But yes time in relation to practice and dedication can make up for some of that :smile:

I experimented with seeing Auras a couple of years ago. I started to see a white haze or energy around people and trees etc. After a while i started to see the colour blue and red or pink. Im quite a sensitive person in the way that i can usually pick up on peoples emotions etc which can sometimes be hard to handle. I stoped trying to tap into seeing auras because it was making me even more sensitive to people and what they were feeling. Also its important for me to stay grounded. When i was trying to see auras this was almost impossible. Now every once in a while i try to see energy around trees because it less intense emotionally. :smile:

Peace Sensi.

How can i be sure that i am seeing an aura and its not just my imagination creating colors because i have been staring so long or because I desperately want to see it? Is it just having faith that that is an aura or will i just KNOW for sure that it is an aura when i see it.

-=JaSoN=-

I can only speak from personal experience. I dont claim to know anything for sure as it is all kind of unknown for me.

When i started to see white/golden/yellow haze around people it could have been…well it could have been anything. I feel it was an energy field tho. When i saw the colours it was strong and distinct aswell as being an emotional feeling. I feel it was not my imagination as it was too intense and for example if i blinked or looked away the energy would still be there when i looked back.

But once again its just my experience and everyone is different.

Peace Sensi.

Leaving my opinions, beliefs, and affecting prejudices behind (because, like anyone, I do have them to a degree), I am going to describe my experience with the phenomenon we describe as an aura. I haven’t read much on auras (save the various articles and threads such as this one), so I’m not going to claim to know much on the subject. Sorry if this approach seems cold or sterile. :neutral: I know, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Half an hour ago I went into my bathroom, which has a large mirror on the wall. I have good control over the amount of light in the room by opening/closing the door on my left. The wall is white behind me. It’s tough to describe the amount of light I used, but I started out from the brightest (in which I could barely see the texture on the wall behind me), and went to the darkest (couldnt really see anything in the room, except maybe the faintest outline of myself).

What worked the best for me was somewhere in-between, when I could barely see my facial features. Standing up the entire time, I tried to become as relaxed as possible. Eventually I got to the stage where everything outside of my immediate sight became dark impressions. I was staring at my head, chest, and shoulders. The light coming in from my left barely lit my left side. My right side was not at all exposed to the direct light. Then I became aware of a sort of light extending an inch or so BEYOND my outline. This was definitely unique from the light cast upon my body. I blinked, looked away for a second, looked back, and the “light” was still there. You know the color of the complex “white” light that you see sometimes when closing your eyes? This is what it was. It also had a faint hue of yellowish gold. As I looked longer the light was extended 3 or so inches beyond my outline. As I moved, it moved with my, although seemed a little slower to follow me. The light outline was definitely brighter on my right side than on my left. This was interesting, because the door was on my left. I realized after awhile that there was a sort of bulge above my head, maybe even a cone pointing up. This was not very distinct, but I was aware for sure that the light extended further here. Not bad for my first experiment with auras, I suppose. I will defintely try again soon. If anything it was fun. :happy:

Wow, I forgot all about this topic and my interest in the subject. I’ll have to look this up again. Interesting experience, I have a dimmer in my bathroom so I’ll try with that. I think I heard natural light is the best for it but that really restricts the time frame of when to do it, since it’s supposed to be kind of a twilight like you described. I think… idk I guess.

I can see auras on people if i concentrate enough and really focus i can see a whiteish-yellow glow emmiting from the top of ones head a good 4-5 inches. I can see it getting smaller or larger by how the person is acting or what they are doing. it’s pretty interesting. Like the original topic starter, Lucid dreaming drew me into the paranormal, occult, and eastern teachings. i feel like lucid dreaming was brought to me to draw me into other things and research and learn about them. i am just so interested in it all. from auras, to ghosts, to aliens, to spirits. i love it all.

I wish my aura reading abilities were better though. i wish i could tap into what people are feeling by reading their auras.

Well I’m still not sure if I believe in this stuff… but I do know that you won’t get anything by wishing, Nic. Try exercises or something, I know I found some on a website once to improve aura skills…

I once read that you need to improve your skills on seeing colors first… so they got this color chart where you practice seeing one color a week…then you will be able to see aura’s…

I read that too, but the site that I read it on said to practice that stuff on brightly colored books or an object similar to it. Sounds crazy but then again, what are we talking about?

ya i think your right …

Hahahahaha…that’s all I got to see about this topic.

what ever you got to say ,
It counted as a post right?

I am still pretty undecided. I would like to see others at least try an
experiment with some good effort put into it… with an open mind… with biases suppressed… at least for curiosity’s sake. :wink: That’s not much to ask… but then again, for some people maybe it is. :neutral:

lol it has already been scientifically proven that people have auras… what is there to doubt?

With so many people having experiences with auras, it IS out there. Whether you believe it’s what they say it is or not is another question…