Lucid Dreaming Trouble

Currently, I am trying the WILD teqnique, but before I was using the MILD one.

I am having a bit of trouble trying to make it happen. What I tried first of all, was just going to bed at night, without sleeping for 5-7 hours before attempting the WILD. So, I layed down, stretched, relaxed my body, and from their just tried not to think about anything. After a while, I felt a bit numb, and I’d get a twitch or two, but other than that…nothing happened. No strange sounds, or body shaking…nothing. I had been trying it for about 20-30 minutes. I soon just gave up, and went to sleep.

I tried yesterday sleeping for 6 hours, then I woke up, and tried it. It didn’t work much either. I just felt numb was all, I felt no signs of entering a lucid dream, and it was really discouraging me.

If anyone can help, I’d be thankful.

there are some different ways to do WILD I like the " walking down stairs in your mind" one. a lot of them are listed hear, try a few out and see what one fits you

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Drea … iques#WILD

do WBTB with your WILDs

I have to say that you should have done a reality test before you went back to sleep. It happened to me a few times that I’ve been trying to WILD, and I end up thinking that I can’t sleep and that nothing is happening :confused: , while I already entered the dreamworld without noticing it :eek: ! This stuff can be very confusing.

And it really helps to sleep about 4.5 hours before you try it. Try waking up during the night without moving a muscle or even opening your eyes and then do the WILD technique.

Good Luck!