Hatha Yoga and Kundalini Yoga

Hello folks, :smile:
I have found that in a place near my house there are yoga classes: they teach Hatha Yoga and Kundalini Yoga.I don’t know which one to choose.

Anyone is into Hatha or Kundalini Yoga?

[ what am I looking for? I’m looking for more control on my thoughts. At night, laying on the bed, my brain starts to think automatically to the daily worries (college, ended love stories and a girl that i fear to call). Usually, after a long time I fall asleep and wake up the next morning with the same thoughts. :help: And they are stupid…no serious problems. :tongue: ]

Hatha yoga is more into health, being and feeling vital, kundalini is more into activating and experiencing the chakras and chi stream through your spine.
Kundalini is more spiritual orientated and more energy orientated.

Hi Jeff. do you practice any of them?

I know ppl that have done hatha yoga and radja yoga.
But not myself, iam more in trance and zazen meditation, selfhypnosis and tai chi chuan.
But most important, what is your goal…what do u want to achieve!

what am I looking for? I’m looking for more control on my thoughts. At night, laying on the bed, my brain starts to think automatically to the daily worries (college, ended love stories and a girl that i fear to call). Usually, after a long time I fall asleep and wake up the next morning with the same thoughts. And they are stupid…no serious problems.

this is “my goal” :smile:

ok :smile:

Well then relaxt meditation, tai chi or hatha yoga could make u relax better!

Try them out and see what you like best! :smile:

thank u! I’ll try a lesson of hatha yoga next thurysda

Tell us then how you experienced it :smile:

Good luck!

Mind you, Kundalini (sp? lol) sounds really good. Timothy ‘Speed’ Levitch (of Waking Life) wrote about it in his book and it sounds spectacular. You can direct energy up your spine or something… wouldnt mind checking it out.

Don’t want to take this off topic but Jeff what do you think of Tai Chi? I’ve just started university and joined Tai Chi classes. Is it any good in a Kundalini, redirecting your energy kinda sense?

Tai chi is very good for inner balance if u also want a sort of kundalini effect from it, chi flow streaming then that is possible but then you must do or the standing tai chi meditation or chi kung exercises that also are given at tai chi classes often. So the standing meditation form of tai chi indeed lactivates chi to pump stronger through your body and u get more aware of it.
Of course again in relation to your talent, time u spent and dedication to it.

Have to answer your posts at another forum part still :happy:
will do this weekend!

Jeff