FLD / ULD explanation

You had control, but were you lucid? Did you know it was a dream? If not, it’d be FLD according to the first definition.

I had control. Usually it’s as if I’m in a dome and the whole thing is a movie screen. I can zoom in on things and just stop them and step into the dream.

… you don’t seem to understand what r3m0t is telling you. so I’ll say it, but in different words…

Lets see now, there’s a FLD (act like an LD) and the second defintion FLD (fall asleep in an ND, and become lucid in next).

r3m0t is trying to say that they are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. Unfortunatly, we messed up and gave them the same name.

So, from this point on I’ll refer to the first defination as FLD, and the second as MLD (meta-lucid-dream).

An FLD is ND in which you have powers. this comes from thinking about what you’d like to do in an LD during day time. This memory finds its way into your (normal) dreams, and you end up with those powers - but with out knowing your dreaming.

A MLD is a ND, in which you go to sleep (basically the oposite of an FA then). You then enter another dream, in which you realise that your dreaming and become lucid. However, you still believe that the you in the first ND is the real you.

You’re basing your theory on an incorrect asumption. being lucid is know that your dreaming (after all, lucid means ‘aware’). If you possess powers, but don’t remember that your dreaming (so you don’t know your dreaming) you don’t have lucidity. Full stop :wink:.

If you know you’re dreaming, it’s a LD. If you don’t… I don’t know what it is. :grin: In a FLD, it seems that memories of your recent LDs plays a role, since you act like if you were in a LD.
But in your case, do you practise this type of control often in your LDs ? If not, it can’t be memories of LDs which influence your dream. Then I would say it’s a kind of pre-lucid dream (like most of flight dreams and dreams about dream). In the way you describe it, you seems to be more aware than in normal dreams. You can use it to become fully lucid.

• Scroll down carefully on this one. :smile:

In a recent FLD i had i was acting like i was lucid, but not really. I would say ‘if this was a dream this would happen’ and then it happened, i saw this each time but never critically thought about it. I was with a DC and it was like we were in a shared dream and i was showing her what i could do if it was a dream. I dont know, it was weird.

But, something that just came to mind was the fact that in this last one (though i dont know if it really falls under FLD) i remember that everything was successful. I havent had too many FLD’s (at least that come to mind now) and so i ask:

plz answer below question for yourself before reading next paragraph so as to avoid false data
In your FLD’s are your lucid-powers more successful than in your LD’s?

IF this is the case, think of the implications. :grin: Like consciousness inhibits the success of our lucid powers. Possibly through our conditioning that in normal consciousness our material surroundings act according to IRL laws. And/or the ‘try too hard = fail’ phenomena (which i believe to be existent) may be linked to consciousness and willpower effecting success-rate? Of course, i need to return to earth, way ahead of myself. :tongue:

The answer: no. I’ve only ever had one or two FLD’s, and didn’t do much.
In LD’s, I can control much more.

Basilus West: happy to know it is useful :ok:

Nowell_Nowater:

I have read in books that this can be done for example if you want to revive a dificult experience that has caused you a trauma or something like this, to liberate you from the bad effects of that experience; via lucid dreams or hipnosis. If the experience is too hard you can chose to perceive it as an observer and if not you can perceive it as first person point of view. I have never done it though. I dont know if its a FLD or LD :shrug:

Sureal:

I agree 100% with you but this is not the case I am talking about, I am talking about when you posses powers AND you remember that you are dreaming but you DONT remember anything else (or just a few things) so you act impulsively because you dont have ANY memory to base your behaviour on is like you were a diferent person.

OK so lets call it Impulsive Lucid Dream: ILD or Memory Failure Lucid Dream: MFLD, what do you think any better suggestions?

Not ILD; it sounds too much like an induction technique.

I have thought also about Reduced Memory Lucid Dream: RMLD, any more opinions before proposing it in the dictionary of acronyms?

FixingFlare:

yeha think so.

Hmmm… I found ! It’s a lucid dream. Let’s call it LD ! :cool_laugh:
More seriously. It’s a kind of low lucidity level lucid dream, indeed. I suppose there is no need to give it an acronym. But you can add your comments in the “Levels of lucidity” topic.

well, if you knew that you were dreaming, then it was an LD. Memory can vary in LD’s, from fine, to dodgy (including false memories or not remembering much). But I’m still confused about what you’re gettign at - even if you can’t remember anything about LD’ing (I asume that’s what you mean by ‘not remembering’) then it’s still an LD.

People who know nothing about LD’ing would experince this every time that LD, simply because they have no knowledge of it to forget.

Sureal:

so following your logic, even if you have all the powers of lucid dreaming but you are unaware that you are dreaming isnt that simply a ND? why bother calling it FLD or ULD?
The point is that we are trying to define and understand the diferent posibilities and states of LD. and what I am saying hasnt been “clasified” and is still very common (at least for me).

I think i’m the only one who understands guruguru :razz: What happens is that I realise I am in a dream, I tell to myself WOW thats great! and I walk away, as if reaching lucidity was the ultimate goal, that there was nothing else to do except staying lucid. The only “lucid” behavior I had in that state was telling my DC friend to remind me later that I was dreaming. After that, I continued my way in my dream (I was driving a car). My friend even reminded me in the car that it was a dream, and I was like: You’re damn right! and I continued my way, still lucid.

agreed

Vhalnyr: that’s not a FLD. That’s a real LD, only seemed to have pretty low lucidity.

GG: a FLD is a type of ND. Why bother making a name for nightmares? They’re just a type of ND too. Same with FA’s - ND’s which have been sub-classified.

a FLD isn’t a state of being lucid, but rather having no lucidity, but acting almost as if you did.

:grin: Vhalnyr: :grin: lukily sombody understand me

Sureal wrote:

yes, I also agree is LD but a specific case that happends to repeat very often and we havent “clasified” it!!!

GREAT! you just have understood my point. we are traying to clasify something unclasified.

maybe the title of the post is confusing you, at the begining of the post I thought the definition of FLD and ULD were wrong but r3m0te had shown me that they werent just other type of dreams clasifications. So thats why I have propose to name it in another way havent you seen my las two posts?:

guruguru wrote:

and I am not talking about the case of low level lucidity but something that deals with high lucidity level but low level memory

This is just a thought.
I want to challenge the term ‘acting like a lucid dreamer’.

You either realize you are dreaming or you don’t. How can one ‘act’ like a lucid dreamer when one doesn’t know that one is dreaming? Powers or not - if one acts lucid that means they know are dreaming.

As I understand it, lucidity is a state of mind, not a serious of actions or having powers.

You think, therefore you are!
:grin:

bzteam: Easy. You think something along the lines of, ‘wow! I can fly in real life too!’. Basically, you think you really do have super powers in reality. or maybe you think your in some sort of computer game or any other reason yuor mind can come up with.

GG: I more ro less understand. But what is it that you can’t remember? Who you are? Or is it what you want to do in an LD? Or something else?

I’d like to ask to clear up a thing… This term - FLD (not in the alternative definition)… Is it applied to all people flying in their dreams or something like that? Or only when speaking about people who want to have a LD, but get a dream with all the things they wanted to do next LD, without awareness of being dreaming?
The definition sounds more like the second alternative. So it must have a special acronym, because it is very important, that the person can already induce a definite dream. It means that the ability of conscious influencing his dreams is already strong, but he must work to improve his critical attitude or something like that…

I’ll give a sample of FLD from my own experience :

As you can see, it looks very like a LD. I take decisions, I have control. Events are the same you can find in a LD : vivid colors, flight, false awakening. But it was not a LD : I didn’t know I was dreaming. However, this dream seems really to have been influenced by memories of former LD’s.

BW just gave you an excellent example. An FLD is a dream when you can do stuff like in an LD, but do not know you are dreaming :grin:.