Dream awareness but not lucid

Last night i had a dream:

I was in a small apartment like room with someone. this person was an old figure and seemed like a guide. I dont remember what the person looked like but i think they were about 35-40. He was guiding me in the dream world. somehow i knew i was dreaming in the dream but did’nt recognize it as lucid.

the person said we should set the couch on fire and practice putting it out or somthing like that. I was worried about the whole place burning down but i went along with it. He would set the couch on fire by rolling on it.(?)

We never got to the fire because i rembered reading you could ask dream figures what they’re purpose was. I asked the person that and at that insant i became fully lucid and everything went black. then i woke up in bed and had a tingling floating sensation. then i slowly opened my eyes, saw the bed, and disapointed, went back to sleep.

How is it that i was lucid w/o being lucid and is it possible i had a false awakening? I don’t get why i was aware of my dream state but not lucid?

If you knew you were dreaming, you were lucid (full stop :wink:). It sounds to me like it was low lucidity though.

And no, you didn’t have a FA. A FA is when you dream of waking up (but you haven’t really). It sounds more like you had SP, or one of its ‘side effects’.

I should have tried to move. I think it would be cool to not be able to move.

Yeap, it sounds like you had low lucidity in your dream, what went into high level, but caused you to woke up. I think that this change is a bit similar to my dream where i realized that i’m dreaming, but i was afraid to move because it might cause the dream to fade away. So i just moved my eyes and looked around until someone came and as i followed her, i became fully lucid.

ok

try to do something, i.e the hand RC in order to fully realise your dreaming, this should increase your levels of lucidity.

I think it is possible to (sort of) be aware that you’re dreaming but not become lucid. It’s sort of like how in real life someone might tell you that you’re dreaming, but in a casual way that neither of you actually believes you’re dreaming. I’ve had dreams where I’ve told people that it would be alright because I’m only dreaming, but I never actually knew I was dreaming till I woke up.

I just realized just how absolutely annoying that post was… I said the word dreaming 6 times within 3 sentances. Oops

LOL :razz: thanks for the tips

Yes, it could be possible. Sometimes when you become lucid, the scenery changes, or you lose visuals. It also can happen that you find yourself in a bed, believing you are awake. As you say you had a “tingling floating sensation”, it could be a FA.

It happens to me too. I’m aware of my dream, use my control to keep this awareness state, but I’m not fully lucid, knowing that I’m dreaming. It’s a kind of very low lucidity, or pre-lucidity, I think. :confused:

when my eyes closed i noticed they had a texture kinda like bacon lol the closest thing i can think of