WILD and passage of time

I’ve been trying harder lately on falling asleep conciously, but there has been a slight barrier of impatience. Even if I am 6 hours into my sleep for the night, it still takes forever for SP and/or REM to occur when attempting WILD. Its almost like time slows down when I’m trying to WILD. It also brings me to the decision of my position too.

Would it be best to sleep in a position where I fall asleep very fast, but lose conciousness easily? (my right side)

Or should I sleep in a position where it takes an extremely long time for me to fall asleep, but I am concious the whole time? (face up on back)

I just can’t understand it though. Is it possible that you enter a dream faster when you lose conciousness? Or is it just the fact that when you lose conciousness, you lose track of time?

I try to WILD on my back and it seems very effective in keeping my mind aware, and I even get into a light numb SP-like state. The only thing is that it would just hover in this state for a long time and not go anywhere. I’ve looked at the clock when starting once and looked back after I gave up and almost an entire hour passed, but I barely even moved.

Also, are there any possible ways of “inducing REM” or making a dream occur faster? or maybe I’m just doing something that is slowing it down only while I am concious. Can thinking too fast or being empty minded prevent REM?

Sorry for the onslaught of questions, but time has always been the biggest hurdle in WILD and I need help overcoming it. I think its the main reason that I never took WILD seriously, since I didn’t want to lose so much sleep over it.

Hey Trancewave,

I just want to let you know that I go through the exact same thing.
Everything you said, I even fall asleep way faster on my right side…
I know that I need to practice stilling my thoughts. I’m sure that has alot to do with it.
I have done this once, only: consciously watched myself drift into a lucid dream.

A very shamanic experience, I would call it. I felt so powerful when I did that. Hmmm… something I should practice. :wizard: :dream: :cheesy:

#Six

Oh and I should add that I have had plenty of WILD successes, but half of the time I wasn’t trying for them and they just came out of nowhere. Maybe its very easy to just try too hard…

:razz: Oh quit bragging! whydontcha!!!

:cool: How about as you lay to fall asleep, you could visualize, daydream of those actual times that you did succeed in the WILD.?..

:shrug:
Okay experts…
take it from here. Trancewave needs some help. :balloon:

#Six

For me time moves faster the closer I’m to falling asleep. Sometimes 30 minutes have passed when I thought that only 5 have passed :bored: Then again time also move faster when I’m really focused on something. One day when I was programming something 1 hour had passed and I thought only 10 minutes had passed :eek: I continue for a what I think is 10 more minutes and when I look at the clock again another hour had passed :eek:

hmm… bump.

Yeah, I know what you mean though. Time only speeds up for me once I actually fall asleep though. It just seems drawn out when I’m still awake waiting for my body to fall asleep…

Same thing for me too. I’ve only WILDed once, it was unintentional but I noticed as it started to happen (really, it’s kind of hard to miss).

Last night I after MILD I tried WILD and lay still for an hour and a half. I know I’m trying to force it too much and not letting myself just be still. My limbs though do lose almost all feeling but I can move them if I want to. Another thing is my eyes have a tendency to drift open when I’m laying on my back, maybe I’m just not tired enough when I go to bed.