How to say my first LD... Open eyes Dreaming??!

My first proper LD happen last night. I would like to share the experience here on my first post. (excuse my poor Engish… )
Make the story short, I will step over my LD learning history, and go straight to the bedtime now. (brief history: I never achieve LD before)

3days ago, I first time try the B-6 at 100mg. And noticed a very strong body rocking effect. However, nothing improve on the dream quality… but I’m still happy about this, because it’s mean B-6 really did SOMETHING.
Then I go to buy the Melatonin on the next day and combine(3mg), use with B-6 that night. Nothing… nothing then the first night… :neutral:
So I decided make a brake, maybe try the drug method at the weekend again.

Last night, I sleep normally at 4am. And had my first LD… by a really, really, really weird form.

Ok, I remember all the details. I will try to use up all my English to explain.
I sleep at side position. About half hour pass. I still can’t fall to sleep. Sometime, I will open my eyes. I see a sight of: my RIGHT HAND lay in front of my face.
In the next 20 minutes, I did open my eye about two tims, and still see my HAND laying in there (because I didn’t move). I feel uncomfortable to stay in this position too long, so I try to turn my body. But the strange thing happen!! I turned, but my sight still keep stick on the HAND?!
Do you know what I mean? I actually turn my body, but my sight didn’t follow my movement to change! So I suddenly realise may be I was dreaming! However, the sight is so real so details… I can’t believe it is a dream sight. Then I try to make a further test. I look at my fingers, and try to move them, my sense actually told me that my fingers was keep moving. But the HAND sight still freeze, not response! Now I’m totally understand I am dreaming.

I’m so happy to have my first LD. I try to stand up and do something. My body standed up, but shame that my sight still keep in HAND. I become a blind person!! I use my foot to touch along the side of my bed, to find out Where I am, how far I walked…(like a “Just blind” person how they walk) But finally I can’t walk anymore because there is no other furniture to let me posit where I am. Suddenly, a method pop up in my mind. I closed my eye, the sight become black again, no HAND. Then I imagine the view of my bedroom… It success!! I can keep walking base on my imaginary bedroom view. ( I close my eye, then I can SEE!! )

I’m so exciting, just go straight to do my top most LD stuffs: go through the mirror.
To find a mirror is easy. The back of the balcony door is a mirror. Then I slide into the mirror use a “swimming in the pool bottom” style. I feel a very, very strange sensation when passing through. Something like, Freezing Cold + Electricity + Scratching Blackboard… not very extreme, but… sorry I can’t tell by words…
I read alot of people say here, how a wonderful place behind the mirror… But shame that, my version of mirror world is just GREY. Not bright or dark or any kind of LIGHT form. Just grey, pigment like solid grey…
I trapped inside that grey and no way to out. So I open my EYES. Thank god! I come back to the HAND sight.

Then I close my eyes again to SEE the room, stand up and go out to the balcony. This time I didn’t through the mirror door to outside, I use a proper way to push open the door. I want to do my second LD wish: see the sky.
I also read people say how a wonderful sky in the dream. But disappoint me again. My version of dream sky just a little more Contrast between cloud and blue, like painting…
But there still have some funny thing happen in the balcony. Normally, I will hang my washed wet clothes there. But now I see many many ROWS of cute cartoon pattern’s underwear hang over there! Very lovely and girlish pink underwear :wiske:
Besides, two of my cats site there. But when I turn my head, I see ANOTHER pair of them site behide me!! And I found 2 more pairs, totally 4 pairs of my cats around me!!

Next step, I’m going to do my third LD wish: flying!
But I remember, I always told myself, one day when I achieve LD and want flying, must not use the “jump outside windows” method. Because my apartment is 18th floor. I worry about in case IF I am sleep walking, I will really kill myself this way. So I try to go out my apartment, go to ground floor and use another way to fly.
I walk to the front door, I think about make a further test, I want to know can I go through this wooden door without trap inside that grey world? It is not mirror. So I may not pass to another WORLD.
I keep a little worry, because the previous mirror experience. So I just slightly use my hands to push the door. And hope that my hands can bit by bit pass through the door. But fail… it’s solid. Now I realise that, I must jump through an object with FULL confident.
I use the swim method sliding again… Oh No!.. I was trapped inside that grey world again!!

Then I use the open eyes method to come back in front of the door. This time I use the proper way to open the door. There are a cleaning service lady she stand far away the corridor end. She shout at me for help something… I forget what is it. Not very important stuffs. But this unexpect story line make me mess up… I suddenly go back to the same HAND sight. When I try to stand up from bed. This time I found my sight CHANGED!.. That’s mean, I was go back to the reality, my first time LD adventure finished …

However, something beside the LD itself. There is one strange thing really shock me!!
That is, the last HAND sight I saw when I awake, is exactly the same HAND, same position, same style inside my dream. That means, every time I open my eyes inside the dream, my reality eyes also follow my will to actually opened!! My dream eyes = My reality eyes!
My eyes saw my right hand lay in front of me!!! This sight go straight into my dream.
That’s explain, why my dream body try to turn, stand up, and move around inside the bedroom, but my sight keep freeze no response. Because my reality body didn’t follow my dream body to move. Just my eyes obey my dream order!!

Suddenly I realise that, I was controlling my reality eyes open and close when I was dreaming!! When they opened, they actually can SEE!!!

Anyway, I am happy more then scare ( let’s think about a guy who open wide his eyes when dreaming… :woah: ). I tried several wish in my first LD :grin:

I don’t know it is a natural case or something about the drugs I took 2days ago? I just hope my next LD will come soon.

Firstly, Let me say congratulations on your first lucid dream!

That hand thing is very strange, but what you say makes sense. I think when you closed your eyes to change from hand to dream you were actually closing your eyes to go back into the dream.

Also, about the grey world. I think that may be something to do with that fact that you are slightly inhibited about doing stuff in dream land. However it’s not your fault, you can’t always control everything as experianced LDers will tell you.
But I think the fact that you didn’t dare jump out of the balcony is key, this IMHO demonstrates that you were still slightly unsure if it was a dream or reality.

In one of my lucid dreams, I jumped from the top of a castle. But that was total fantasy, and yours was your real apartment so I can understand your reasoning behind not wanting to jump as you may have been sleep walking.

Welcome and congrats on your first LD! :happy:

i think it is a very interesting experience. You had your eyes open while dreaming… very very interesting… you should try and put a camera on you when you sleep, to see if you really have your eyes open while dreaming.

good luck on your further quests.

Thank you very much Xenteko and pasQuale.

Yes I also believe that I was actually control my eyes open and close when dreaming. Because I’m 100% sure the awake hand sight is same as the dream hand sight. That’s why my last hand sight can totally fool me I’m still dreaming.
And lucky to find out this way to come out from the grey world. If not, I will trap inside the grey to end the dream I think.

Shame that I can’t see the wonderful mirror world and sky at my first LD. But the passing through object feeling is so… funny!
I can’t say it is a kind of painful or pleasure. But I like any kind of strange and weird feeling, even a nightmare or falling… I love all those unnatural feeling.

About the “jump out window” method. I’m scare, but not because unsure it’s a dream or not. The underwear and 4 pairs of cats proof that it must be a dream.
The only thing I’m worry about is, yes when I am dreaming, all my dream action is safe. But I can’t say at the same moment, my actual body is doing what?
Even when I dream on the top of mountain, I can’t sure maybe my actual body is standing in front of the window!!?

I know less about sleep walking. I don’t know sleep walker what they SEE. Maybe their sleep walking eyes see a window, but the dream vision is transformed into a mountain?
You’re right, it’s just a concern for the 18th floor people like me :smile:

So, I still not prefer jump from high place method to fly. I can achieve flying from ground by swimming, diving style… then accelerate. ( previous normal dream experience)

Anyway, I really want to know any other people have the open eyes nature like me. Or maybe we can USE this ability to solve some LD barrier.

Well, personally I’ve never had that experience. But what I can tell you is that if you recognise dream signs e.g. Seeing 4 pairs of cats, or having pink knickers on your washing line. You ARE dreaming, and unless you are a known sleepwalker I’d think that you’d be in SP like all the rest of us :smile:

My personal advice, the next time you have a LD let go of all fears and doubts and just do what you want. The world is your creation, and everything in it.

You can fly, fire balls of energy, walk though walls. Anything you want, as long as you KNOW that you can.

To quote Morpheus from the matrix: Don’t think you can, KNOW you can!

Yeah, occasionaly you may sleep with our eyes open. You usually wouldn’t know about it (unless someone was in the room with you).

have you ever slept in the same room as someone, and they’ve reported you sleep with your eyes open?

After all, it may have only been a one off. or maybe you only do it every now and then. or maybe you do all the time. I’m not really an expert on this, as you can no doubt tell…

next time you have an LD, report back to us your results, would ya :wink:.

Ahh, you’ve just reminded me with that sentence! My friend, who I’ve known since I was 2 (I’m almost 21 now) stays at my house alot, especially friday nights so we can get wasted around my village without having to get a taxi home from the town.

Anyway, he always goes to sleep before me and alot of the time he sleeps with his eyes partially open or even sometimes totally sits up while still dreaming!

I can tell he’s still dreaming because when I call him or try to get his attention, by waving my hand in front of his face or otherwise, he reacts only a tiny amount.
He’s also told me before that I sleep with my eyes partially open, but I couldn’t remember until now.

he has very vivid dream recollection, but when I asked him about LDing (before I even knew it’s name) he didn’t know what I was talking about.

Hope this helps!

So that’s mean. Even I am in sleep walking, but if I dectect DREAM SIGN. My body must be CAN’T move!
When sleep walking, people is not in a dream state?
If yes, next time when I see 4 pairs of cats. I should relise my body have no any ability to jump out the window right?.. This conclusion really wash out most of my worry :happy:

And I think, people if occasionally open eyes when dreaming. The sight MAYBE enter the dream sometimes, like audio sense.
Just don’t know, this sense is 100% go straight to the dream without transformation(like my last night experience), or pretend other form to reflect into the dream (sorry for my suck english… :neutral: )

I also know many people slightly half open their eyes when sleeping. But my case is different. Because I can control the eyes open or close.
I don’t think Xenteko’s friend he can SEE even open eyes. If he can, he should report say he SEE your hand shake in front of him, right?

I think the point is, if the guy can control their eyes open and close, or like me, also can control the focus, they have a more chance to let the actual sight directly enter the dream, to SEE!
(I remember I tried to FOCUS when I tested the fingers move, because it’s a close up distance. Focus is a factor)

I do believe that you sleep walk when in a state of NREM, meaning that you’re not dreaming.

As for not seeing - you perhaps ony saw because you were lucid. When lucid, your conciousness wakes up more, which may explain why you suddenly got input from your eyes.

as for closing your eyes, I can see two possibilities:

1. you broke through a tiny part of SP to get yuor eyes to move. This can be refined, so that you could control more of your real body, but I certainly wouldn’t advise it…

2. you weren’t closing your real eyes, but reather a set of dream eye lids.