Odd sensation in my head

I guess that could be what you may call it. Im not exactly sure where to start with this because its nearly impossible to describe in words, but i’ll try.

Anyways, this sensation that occurs to me has recently started, somewhere within the past 2 months. It happens frequently during the day no matter where i am…

Here’s what it feels like (ill try to describe it):

Example: I will be walking down the hallway at school to my next class. Everyone around me in the hallway is talking and laughing and stuff, but i feel very distant from everything that’s going on around me. kind of detached, and like my body is controlling itself. Usually after i realize that i feel detached, i will immediately recieve this strange “pulse” in my head that feels like a huge jolt of energy and it causes my vision to either blur or black out and i will hear a buzz sound like electricity. At first, this whole thing used to freak me out pretty bad, but now ive gotten used to it and actually think its kind of cool. hehe

I have never done any drugs, but i have had 1 slight head injury about 5 years ago. I got a concussion during PE class in school.

If anybody has experienced anything like this or may know whats going on, id like to find out more about it. :neutral:

I have had something similar but I don’t get blurry vision or anything like that. For me it usually happens when I’m talking to someone, it’s like there’s 2 people in my head. One that’s controlling “me” like talking and everything and I’m just in there in the head and listening while the “other person” is talking. It’s strange but fun and it usually only lasts a few seconds and I think it’s only happened 3-4 times that I can remember.

I don’t know if this is the same, but it seems to be similar to what happens to you.

that sounds a little bit like what i am experiencing, but do you also experience that jolt of energy or whatever it is into your brain that causes you to become ultra-aware of your surroundings?

this is strange, but it would really cool if we could figure out what this could be :confused:

No I don’t get that and I don’t get more aware of my surroundings. I get more aware about myself. It’s like the “me” that’s talking is a different person and I’m only listening to him while he is talking. I remember that I once thought “cool, I’m listening to myself talking” That time it happened when I was talking infront of my class in school.

JaRoD: IMHO it can be your true self hearing at your ego, if that makes any sense to you, but it can be many other things also.

bigjedman: I have felt sometimes something similar to what you said but without the jolt and the blacknes or the blury vision. Its like suddenly all my awerness is concentrated in the moment and where I am, and it feels like when you realize you are dreaming in a dream but in real life it has scared me out because is like I am realy awake a few moments and I wonder why and for what I am there and then its gone because of the fear I think. Maybe in every day life our consciusness is somehow splited in talking, thinking, imaging, and many other tasks and this feels normal to us because we are used to it, but when your consciusness gets concentrated in one thing can be be freaky or not it depends. Its like meditating I think.

guruguru is right, i call it split consciousness, its infact a weak trance induction that u feel. It often shows up for ppl that practise wild or trance or meditation. I had it for many years, these days like a switch i can click it of so i dont have that. Its like a part of you goes automatic in a sort of hyper focussing or relaxing and that gives a light trance induction.
The way to end it is breathe well, sport enough…exercise i mean a bit everyday like being physical and u can rub your hands and skin that also helps a bit. Also have enough sleep and at regular hours so the same sleep shedule everyday.

hmm…well i dont really want to put an “end” to it. I kind of enjoy it actually. :content: i was just curious to see if there was some sort of explanation for this or if anyone else was experiencing something similar.

Jeff, thats interesting that you point out that it can be caused by practicing WILD. i recently started practicing it in the past few months, and that is when this whole thing started. that could have a lot to do with it, because WILD has caused me to become alot more aware of how my brain works and overall conciousness. this is very interesting…

Yes thats a side effect of wild, u also can get it from meditation, selfhypnosis or other trance practising, even from tai chi meditation.
Thats because for all those, you lower your brainwaves at least to alpha and with that you enter the world of light trance and split consciousness and awareness.

I practise now meditation, trance and sefhypnose for 18 years and the first 10 years i wanted to have this all the time. then it started to anoy me :smile:
With za zen meditation i learned myself to click it of.

Hi Bigjeman :happy:

When I was actively practicing techniques for astral projection, I would often wake up with surging noises and sensations in my head. It sounded like a tape recorder rewinding or fastforwarding really fast and loud.

That’s actualy exactly what it sonded like and it felt just like as if my brain was a tape and my head, a tape recorder. :neutral:

I loved that wierd sentation :spinning: !

I now practice tia chi…

alot of the time, when someone I either really like, or really dislike, is about to enter the room or say something to me, I get this High ringing/buzzing noise, that comes toward me from the upper left of my head. (yeah, that exact: like if there is a speaker above me, behind me, and to the left that projects that warning of good news/bad news to me.)

Now that, is something that I wonder. :content:

#Six

Hi, Im so glad somebody addressed this issue. A year ago I was suffering from very bad blood sugar problems( that I wasn’t aware of) until just recently my doctor discovered this was my problem. I went to the doctors because I felt like I was dreaming ALL the time, sort of like I was watching myself do everything from a third person perspective. It was truely ruining my life because I coulnd concentrate or get off this “autopilot” mode I was in. I looked for solutions online and found meditations such as NOW meditation (wakefullness meditation). This helped some and the doctor helped some too with the blood sugar problems. Now after this is all said and done I still dont know what frame of mind normal people are in. When I get those flashes of awareness I feel like that should how I feel all the time because you are so much more aware I feel like I just woke up out of a dream. Is this what you feel? Jeff, maybe you can help describe what is normal for the average person that doesnt meditate, I truely dont know because I have had these sugar problems for some time messing with my perception. It seems to me this awareness would be very much desired because otherwise you are just back on autopilot…wasting your life.

that is EXACTLY the way it feels pretty much. shots or jolts of increased awareness. This afternoon when i was walking home from school, i seemed to be having them extremely frequently, like once ever 2 seconds and it was pretty cool.

What is your take on these bigjedman? Did you ever have these before starting to do meditation? Also my biggest question about these is that…does it feel like you are truely alive for those few second only to find yourself saying…jeez, what did I do all day? (like finally coming out of :hmmm: autopilot)

Interesting. I’ve had similar experiences myself but only after I began practicing meditation. I have odd sensations in my head all the time. Mostly on my forehead and on paralell positions close to my temples.

Our collective experiences seem pretty closely tied. So, I have to say that it may be a reaction to crossing boundaries of gross conciousness. You’re doing it any time your Lucid.

What your feeling is your subtle body energy and its either a lack of energy or an overabundance. If it be the latter then It may be your energy system attempting to correct something.

You say your awareness fluctuates between low and high zones when this is going on. Next time it happens try to hold onto that high level of awareness. Your constantly trying to move yourself…into more holistic points of view.

I think that anyone who consitantly goes lucid will have these issues. And I don’t see how anyone would hbe surprised at this. Its going to happen.

i dont know if this is the same but i used to get these surge of energy thru my head that would cause evrything to just stop completely…
sound, site feeling, and it would all happen in a quik split second,
altho most of the time this would happen in the night time when i would get tired,it did happend during the day mostly when i was tired,
and it all started when i was getting heavily into meditation and LD’s…
at the time it all made me very scared cus i thot i had a tumor or sumtthing, and it wasnt until recently thru ld4all that i discoverd somewhat, what it was… but it got progressively worse, or better one might say, as time went on…
but my ignorance as to what it was made me stop all activity on LDing
and the sensation went away…

My take on these? hmm. i never had these before i started doing meditation, but i dont even meditate that often. maybe once a week?

But yeah, it does feel like i am truly alive whenever it happens and i wish it wouldnt go away because everything seems so much more clear.

and like konnart said, when it happens, sometimes everything just stop. sound, sight, and feeling. its very odd but very cool.