WILD help: Itching problems, Sounds

I have a problem with WILD. I’ve been napping for the last 20 minutes, envisioning walking up stairs going “1, im dreaming, 2, etc.” I end up hearing my heart louder faster, and more forceful. But I have two hurdles that i think are my main issues with WILD:
One----Evey half-minute or so, when im comfortably WILDing, i get an itch, on a different part of my body (nose, face, leg, thigh, ankle) and when i dont concentrate on it enough it goes away. but sometimes its bad and i scratch it, or focus on the itch too much— ruining my concetration.

Two—Everything in my house is relatively quiet, but to try WILD at anytime but nite (lets say like just now for a nap), i get interrupted by noises in my home (family members laughing at something, TV going too loud for a sec, etc, etc.) So, how can i nap if i keep getting interrupted?I could go in my room instead and close the door, but it’s by a window and outside things (cars, animals) pose the same problem.

any help/ideas from pros or newbs alike would be great.

ive only been trying to ld for about 2 months now and i have the same problems… not with itching but whenever i sleep alot of saliva builds up in my mouth and whenever i swallow it distracts me…

so my tip to you is to try the best you can to ignore the itching. think of what your going to dream about tonight or what your going to do if you ld. anything to keep your mind off of the itching…

also when i do WILD i usualy itch and scratch but still couting down numbers (thats the method i use for WILD) eventualy you will kind of drift off into a semi sleep where nothing is disturbing you and your relaxed. but you can still concentrate on whatever you want.

and for the noises… if you cant find somewhere quiet to go you should learn to ignore these noises. i like to focus on my breathing and think about LD’ing. it helps alot.

once again im only a new at this but this is just something that ive found helps me to relax at night when i try to LD.

from personal experiance. I would not recommend the stair method. But different techs work for diffrent people. I have used counting for a month so far its only gotten me 3 lucid dreams in a month and two weeks. Im changin my WILD tonight.

Big o,

1)When having an itch during WILD dun worry bout it! kinda just sit back relaxed dont focus on wanting to scratch it. Just keep aware of your physical body as it goes through the falling asleep process. I used to have the same problem.

1. I would suggest earplugs. What I do is run my computer. the Fan is a good ammount of noise that usually blocks out anything else going in the house. I will instead of hearing loud random shouts from the other room I would hear the steady clam pase of my CPU fan.

Yes, a steady noise can help. It is impossible to concentrate on several sounds at the same time (like, an average human cannot listen to the ticking of two clocks - he will always switch from one to another). And if you try to concentrate on a low (some above the threshold), even, slightly vibrating sound, you just won’t be able to hear to other noises… Though the neighbors with their karaoke are still impossible to jam this way.
Nothing to say about the itching… I just scratch and begin to count with “one, I am dreaming” again. So, naturally, I even never reach 100. I either get bored with it and go to sleep without WILD (99%), or get bored with it and have a WILD without counting (0.99%), or have a WILD somewhere at “sixty six, I am dreaming” (0.01%). Hum, not very inspiring post… :shy:

If you feel something that needs to be itched, all you can do is ignore it. And yes, it’s a bummer.

As for the noise thing, I usually find it doesn’t affect me if I’m relaxed.

This really is a hard one. Try to ignore it is about all you can do. If you must scratch as we all do once in a while do it slowly and try not to disturb your self too much. Some other ideas I have tried with really annoying itches is ( if I am really deep ) suggest that part of my body is getting numb. Or I imagine that each time I inhale I am breathing in a powerful anaesthetic that makes my hole body numb. These are some self hypnosis exercises but some times even work if you are in deep relaxation. Some times it works some times not.

Ear plugs. Best advice I can give you on that.