How did you hear about LD for the first time?

“Some post in some other forum”

I was talking about flying in dreams and someone mentioned, that this “superman style” flying is nothing compared to flying with crossed legs, or with carpet style. He also invited me to visit certain place what he uses to visit in regular basis. I started to think about that, but even before finding out any site about lucid dreaming, or without knowing any tech how to induce it i had high level LD what was pretty decent.

I had an unintentional LD. That lead me to seek info about it.

I had one LD naturally and since this time I interessted LD,s.

a friend told me… too bad I laughed at him at first…

<=Other=>

I have about 3 LDs that I can remember from childhood, I remember flying and changing my enviroment. But as i got older and my life got more stressful I had lost most of my dream recall and no longer knew anything about “controling my dreams”

I was watching the dead zone one day and John was in a coma, and when he read a newspaper the words were all jumbled and he could not tell time because there was wierd symbols and whatnot. My dad told me that alot of people actually do experiance that in a coma. I said “well I remember dreaming and doing stuff just like that” my good ol father completely denied that that was possible. I kinda spaced his comment off for a good year. until I saw that episode repeat, I said “I wonder if it is real” I went onto some newsgroup. or forum or somthing and people were talking about it. One of them brought up lucid dreaming, so I said “why not” and I googled it.

and here I am! :grin:

I found out about lucid dreaming here on LD4ALL of course :grin:

I’ve learnt about it first in the book “Mysteries” by Colin Wilson. Which second tome I gave to someone I can’t remember :cry: . This is great book anyway, it holds most wide and rational approach on paranormal, so I recommend anyone who can find to read it.

I somehow misread the poll question and now I want to correct it in this post.
So 1 more in the books :peek:

I cant remember, but i know that ever since i was very young, maybe 8 years old i have been interested in dreams, esp, religion, oobe, einstien, all kinds of stuff on things of this nature…

I search with google anf found out that there was more tthe one mysteries there by same author
SO there it is one I got:
MYSTERIES
AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE OCCULT, THE PARANORMAL AND THE SUPERNATURAL
Copyright 1978 by Colin Wilson

i found lucid dreaming by researching the rock band Incubus and came across a website that interviewed the lead singer brandon boyd, that practices lucid dreaming. I will find the link for you all!
https://www.sironaknight.com/incub82.htm

There it is. It just seemed really cool so i researched it more. ohhhhhh man it led me into so many differnt things! and for this i am thankful! such as paranormal, the occult, meditation, eastern religion, metaphysics, and basically all the New age stuff. Even art. Even though i can’t seem to have lucid dreams anymore, i still love it.

bendrummin58…where have you been man?

The first time I remember hearing about the possibility to control your dreams was the book “Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman!”. A very recommendable book, btw, and fun to read, even if you dont care for physics or math.

I went to Lucidchan alot.
Then I found a link to here on it, and came to the obvious choice to ditch lucidchan.

Ld4all is way better :boogie:

i was actually looking up astral projection and OBEs. the sites said that LDing is the first step in doing those. then i got hooked on lucid dreaming

The first time was when I read in website, but it was about Astral Projection. And one thing let to another, and … when I realised I was, already having a Lucid Dreaming!

I have read about it on another forum, but the movie Inception got me interested enough to try it.

I-Doser (dosent work) had somethign about lucid dreaming and dident know what it was so i just used google and found a website i like ld4all.com and joined!

I googled “shared dreaming” because I have had a shared dream twice, once with two of my friends, and another time with one of the two friends from the first dream, though I wasn’t having a lucid dream. I was curious, and this popped up on google.

INCEPTION aahahahahah, im one of those people :razz:

Nice one, Gnar